crypto currency trading app?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
chopperjoey
udonmap.com

crypto currency trading app?

Post by chopperjoey » May 15, 2021, 7:00 pm

what is a good app for buying and selling crypto currencies, an app that can be linked to a Thai bank account and used in Thailand.

i am now reading reviews of popular apps like Crypto.com app and Binance app but these got A LOT OF negative reviews including money lost and other serious malfunctions.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Re: crypto currency trading app?

Post by anefarious1 » May 16, 2021, 11:18 am

Bitkub or eToro

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 20, 2021, 11:40 am

chopperjoey wrote:
May 15, 2021, 7:00 pm
what is a good app for buying and selling crypto currencies, an app that can be linked to a Thai bank account and used in Thailand.

i am now reading reviews of popular apps like Crypto.com app and Binance app but these got A LOT OF negative reviews including money lost and other serious malfunctions.
This is what you would be getting into at present. Sure it might stabilize and be a good money making exercise, in the future, but at present it looks like a roller coaster ride, with Winners and Losers.

For every man in the Crypto currency game who "Makes One Doll", their must be another man who "Looses One Dollar" :-k

Those who bought at 63,000 USD plus, in mid April 2021 they are are now looking at 39,439 USD today :cry: :cry:

Those who bought at 60,000 USD plus, in mid March 2021, they are are now looking at 39,439 USD today :cry: :cry:

Those who bought it at 29,111 USD plus, on 01 January 2021, still have a smile on their face \:D/ \:D/ ,but maybe starting to get a little bit nervous. [-o< [-o<

Those who bought it at a Year ago, could give a Rat's Arse, about today :drunk: :guitar: :pirate:

Then their are those that just sit and watch 8-[ :shock: 8-[ :-({|=

BITCOIN
Bitcoin Capture 1.PNG

Bitcoin Capture 2.PNG

ETHEREUM
Ethereum Capture 1.PNG

Ethereum Capture 1.PNG
pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on May 20, 2021, 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » May 20, 2021, 11:52 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 20, 2021, 11:40 am
chopperjoey wrote:
May 15, 2021, 7:00 pm

This is what you would be getting into at present. Sure it might stabilize and be a good money making exercise, in the future, but at present it looks like a roller coaster ride, with Winners and Looser.

For every man in the Crypto currency game who "Makes One Doll", their must be another man who "Loses One Dollar" :-k

Those who bought at 63,000 USD plus, in mid April 2021 they are are now looking at 39,439 USD today :cry: :cry:

Those who bought at 60,000 USD plus, in mid March 2021, they are are now looking at 39,439 USD today :cry: :cry:

Those who bought it at 29,111 USD plus, on 01 January 2021, still have a smile on their face \:D/ \:D/ ,but maybe starting to get a little bit nervous. [-o< [-o<

Those who bought it at a Year ago, could give a Rat's Arse, about today :drunk: :guitar: :pirate:

Then their are those that just sit and watch 8-[ :shock: 8-[ :-({|=

BITCOIN

Bitcoin Capture 1.PNG

Bitcoin Capture 2.PNG

ETHEREUM

Ethereum Capture 1.PNG

pipoz4444
Nothing goes straight up. A normal pull back. At the moment Bitcoin is already up over 30% from the crash.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 20, 2021, 12:07 pm

Hi anefarious1

I am not suggesting that everything goes straight up, but merely identifying that if you wish to play in the Crypto currency arena, Yes you can Win, undoubtedly, but you must also be prepared to possibly loose at some point, particularly if you are a short term player. More so that when you buy the Traditional Shares in a Company with a base value.

pipoz4444

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » May 20, 2021, 12:30 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 20, 2021, 12:07 pm
Hi anefarious1

I am not suggesting that everything goes straight up, but merely identifying that if you wish to play in the Crypto currency arena, Yes you can Win, undoubtedly, but you must also be prepared to possibly loose at some point, particularly if you are a short term player. More so that when you buy the Traditional Shares in a Company with a base value.

pipoz4444
True. It still blows my mind how these virtual currencies came on the scene. And they are very hard to value indeed. Don't even get me started on that topic!

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » May 20, 2021, 1:27 pm

bitcoin dips.jpg

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 20, 2021, 2:34 pm

Stalagmites \:D/ =;

Stalagmites.jpg

pipoz4444

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » May 22, 2021, 7:58 am

anefarious1 wrote:
May 20, 2021, 1:27 pm
bitcoin dips.jpg
Interesting that the 2013 Mt Gox drop that I dodged by not completing my buy in (2013) remains the biggest of all time. 8 years later FOMO is calling me. Bitcoin is down to 37k from 64k ATH.

All of the drops on the chart were followed by price recoveries. What say ye put some fun money in and see what it looks like in a year? Maybe even go 1/3rds on BTC, ETH and one of the privacy focused coins like Pirate Coin? https://pirate.black :-k

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 23, 2021, 12:16 am

BKK-Udon wrote:
May 22, 2021, 7:58 am
anefarious1 wrote:
bitcoin dips.jpg
Interesting that the 2013 Mt Gox drop that I dodged by not completing my buy in (2013) remains the biggest of all time. 8 years later FOMO is calling me. Bitcoin is down to 37k from 64k ATH.

All of the drops on the chart were followed by price recoveries. What say ye put some fun money in and see what it looks like in a year? Maybe even go 1/3rds on BTC, ETH and one of the privacy focused coins like Pirate Coin? https://pirate.black :-k
Struggling to get my brain around blockchain. Is anyone familiar with it. :-k

Trying to turn this google search into more simple English

Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack, or cheat the system. A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain. Each block in the chain contains a number of transactions, and every time a new transaction occurs on the blockchain, a record of that transaction is added to every participant’s ledger. The decentralized database managed by multiple participants is known as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT). Blockchain is a type of DLT in which transactions are recorded with an immutable cryptographic signature called a hash. :confused: :confused:

Blockchain is the technology that enables the existence of cryptocurrency (among other things). ...

A cryptocurrency is a medium of exchange, such as the US dollar, but is digital and uses encryption techniques to control the creation of monetary units and to verify the transfer of funds.

Blockchains enable decentralized platforms which require a cryptocurrency. The blockchain is the technology that serves as the distributed ledger and allows a network to maintain consensus. Distributed consensus enables the network to track transactions, and enables the transfer of value and information.

DLTdiagramV2.png

pipoz4444

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 23, 2021, 8:12 am

I'm not Buddhist, but one of their beliefs is that nothing comes from nothing. I may be a Luddite but I never believed that value could be created with a computer. If I cannot hold it in my hand, buy a beer with it, walk on it, live in it, drive it, bury it or hide it under my mattress, it's not real.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » May 23, 2021, 8:39 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 23, 2021, 12:16 am
BKK-Udon wrote:
May 22, 2021, 7:58 am
anefarious1 wrote:
bitcoin dips.jpg

Struggling to get my brain around blockchain. Is anyone familiar with it. :-k

Trying to turn this google search into more simple English

Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack, or cheat the system. A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain. Each block in the chain contains a number of transactions, and every time a new transaction occurs on the blockchain, a record of that transaction is added to every participant’s ledger. The decentralized database managed by multiple participants is known as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT). Blockchain is a type of DLT in which transactions are recorded with an immutable cryptographic signature called a hash. :confused: :confused:

Blockchain is the technology that enables the existence of cryptocurrency (among other things). ...

A cryptocurrency is a medium of exchange, such as the US dollar, but is digital and uses encryption techniques to control the creation of monetary units and to verify the transfer of funds.

Blockchains enable decentralized platforms which require a cryptocurrency. The blockchain is the technology that serves as the distributed ledger and allows a network to maintain consensus. Distributed consensus enables the network to track transactions, and enables the transfer of value and information.

DLTdiagramV2.png

pipoz4444
That pretty much sums it up — an encrypted, decentralized digital ledger system that circumvents the banks. Thing is when you buy crypto tokens including Bitcoin you aren't investing in blockchain. You don't own anything beyond the token. It is also worth reading up on the method by which each token gets "mined" i.e. Proof of Work (PoS) vs. Proof of Stake (PoS). Bitcoin is PoW which is why it uses so much electricity. Cardano (ADA) on the other hand uses PoS and is much more environmentally friendly.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 22, 2021, 9:33 pm

Return to “Open Forum”