New UK news channel.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Chuchi
udonmap.com

New UK news channel.

Post by Chuchi » June 14, 2021, 5:26 pm

GB News was launched Sunday. It can be watched live through an app which is available on the App Store and Google play.It will be interesting to see if it has any impact on the BBC?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: New UK news channel.

Post by tamada » June 14, 2021, 7:44 pm

More interesting to see what the Udonmap limeys think of it.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 14, 2021, 9:23 pm

Had a quick look. Apparently a right-leaning political channel with part American ownership. Has been suggested it will be UK's 'Fox News' equivalent, but looking at the current subjects for discussion more like Daily express live .......

I'm sure rabid of Tunbridge Wells would love it.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » June 14, 2021, 9:43 pm

rick wrote:
June 14, 2021, 9:23 pm
Had a quick look. Apparently a right-leaning political channel with part American ownership. Has been suggested it will be UK's 'Fox News' equivalent, but looking at the current subjects for discussion more like Daily express live .......

So it’s aimed at those who have the proven ability to swallow BS on an industrial scale – i.e. those who still support the lunacy, the sheer dumb stupidity and the economic illiteracy of Brexit.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 15, 2021, 6:18 am

JimboPSM wrote:
June 14, 2021, 9:43 pm
rick wrote:

So it’s aimed at those who have the proven ability to swallow BS on an industrial scale – i.e. those who still support the lunacy, the sheer dumb stupidity and the economic illiteracy of Brexit.

Well said that man. Peoples inability to actually read and digest news sensibly has long gone the way of the Dodo. A sad fact of the times I fear

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 15, 2021, 7:02 am

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 15, 2021, 7:21 am

JimboPSM wrote:
rick wrote:

Opinions are like Aholes ..everyone has one ..fortunately

That would be quite a high percentage of the UK population then as recently over 70% and rising now backed Brexit and confirmed their joy at it actually happening .. with things like being out of the European medical agency EU law changes and regaining sovereignty being top of the list of reasons to be cheerful....

An old favourite artist of mine ..Ian Drury n the blockheads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMNXogXnvE

I shall tune into the new channel .. gotta be better than the constant lefty bias the BBC and ITV churn out in the name of news.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 15, 2021, 7:50 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
June 15, 2021, 7:02 am
https://www.gbnews.uk/

great news .
Piss off pilgrim.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 15, 2021, 7:54 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 15, 2021, 7:21 am
JimboPSM wrote:
rick wrote:

Opinions are like Aholes ..everyone has one ..fortunately

That would be quite a high percentage of the UK population then as recently over 70% and rising now backed Brexit and confirmed their joy at it actually happening .. with things like being out of the European medical agency EU law changes and regaining sovereignty being top of the list of reasons to be cheerful....

An old favourite artist of mine ..Ian Drury n the blockheads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMNXogXnvE

I shall tune into the new channel .. gotta be better than the constant lefty bias the BBC and ITV churn out in the name of news.

DM
You won't like it DM. Their sports pundit has already said that Scotland's EURO opener showed great promise and that Kane & Co. are in for a very rude "wheels coming off" moment at Wombley.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 15, 2021, 8:05 am

Politics n sport .. dont mix.

Looking forward to Fridays showdown Tam .. Scotland didnt play bad but the second Cech goal knocked the stuffing out ov em.. maybe tie the Jock goalie to the goal posts an idea stop him wondering around aimlessly like a pissed up Glaswegian vagrant with a poond coin

DM

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 16, 2021, 2:00 am

Hopefully the new channel is a responsible and sophisticated perspective from the right. If it's the nutbar right and becomes commercially successful, this kind of drivel can do great harm.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » June 16, 2021, 1:53 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 16, 2021, 2:00 am
Hopefully the new channel is a responsible and sophisticated perspective from the right. If it's the nutbar right and becomes commercially successful, this kind of drivel can do great harm.
Audience ratings have started well. Ive enjoyed seeing parts of Britain I'd never heard of and I like they are linking up with the local media which I feel has been eroded over the years but are are an important mouthpiece for the communities they serve. The link below has a 5 minute video of the launch hosted by Andrew Neil,you can make you're own decision on whether to view.
https://www.cityam.com/gb-news-launch-t ... -glitches/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2021, 7:59 pm

Chuchi wrote:
June 16, 2021, 1:53 pm
GT93 wrote:
Audience ratings have started well. Ive enjoyed seeing parts of Britain I'd never heard of and I like they are linking up with the local media which I feel has been eroded over the years but are are an important mouthpiece for the communities they serve. The link below has a 5 minute video of the launch hosted by Andrew Neil,you can make you're own decision on whether to view.
So it's kinda like Britain's Al Jazeera then?

"... Several guests, including Nigel Farage and Sir Alan Sugar, were also cut off briefly in the middle of interviews."

Off to a great start then! I need to check it out.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 16, 2021, 8:16 pm

The fact that they even gave Farage airtime in the first place tells me all I need to know

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » June 16, 2021, 8:26 pm

tamada wrote:
June 16, 2021, 7:59 pm
Chuchi wrote:
June 16, 2021, 1:53 pm
GT93 wrote:
So it's kinda like Britain's Al Jazeera then?

"... Several guests, including Nigel Farage and Sir Alan Sugar, were also cut off briefly in the middle of interviews."

Off to a great start then! I need to check it out.
Indeed you should Tam

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » June 16, 2021, 8:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 16, 2021, 8:16 pm
The fact that they even gave Farage airtime in the first place tells me all I need to know
Statts Nigel Farage has been on numerous news channels (BBC,ITV,SKY,Euronews), what was it you needed to know?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 16, 2021, 8:40 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
I think Nigel Farage is excellent value on any media platform .. 9 times out ov 10 hes spot on ... still.sore looser over Brexit ...surely its time to let your bitterness against Boris and a successful.exit from.the EU go Statts

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 16, 2021, 9:15 pm

Chuchi wrote:
June 16, 2021, 8:29 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
Statts Nigel Farage has been on numerous news channels (BBC,ITV,SKY,Euronews), what was it you needed to know?
Actually, now you mention it, that he's gonna stop spouting total cr*p, and finally "put a sock in it" would be nice to know :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2021, 6:03 pm

It appears that some corporate entities are less than enthusiastic about the venture.

The GB News boycott is a turning point: big business must end its woke campaigning or it may not survive the backlash

"First it was their implacable, undemocratic hostility to Brexit, then their embrace of wokedom, and now their pathetic boycott of GB News, the centre-Right TV start-up. What is going on in boardrooms across Britain and the West? What has it come to when the likes of Ikea and Nivea cannot tolerate free speech and media plurality, and yet continue to trade in China and Saudi Arabia?"

Wokewashing by the cancel culture wokeists knows no bounds.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... declaring/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 18, 2021, 8:08 am

Chuchi, is this a "part of Britain you've not heard of"?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment ... li=AAnZ9Ug

Return to “Open Forum”