Chish and Fips

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Chish and Fips

Post by stattointhailand » June 27, 2021, 7:24 pm

As it's got b all to do with Udon I put it in a new thread ......

Best Fish n chips I remember 1968 Brixham Devon, 1st floor eatery over the chip shop on Brixham Pier (so good I can still remember it over 50 years later)

Best take away I remember was a place outside Goole Football Club, although this was probably influenced by the sinking of about 7 or 8 large cans in the buffet between individual Cross & Donny, although In fairness I suspect any type of food would have been welcome

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Chish and Fips

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 27, 2021, 8:07 pm

I know that Goole chippy statto.. not far from one of my old haunts .. close to the Mecca Scunthorpe

Wilson chippy on Frodingham rd Scunny superb ..also Hungry fisherman on Donny rd .. just walk in takeawys .. loads of scraps n straight out the paper.

I have eaten fnc in.. pattaya ..bkk .. udon .. nothing remotely close to the real deal back home ..havin said that Thai food in blighty isnt the same as here .

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » June 28, 2021, 6:12 am

New people took over our local shop which had the same family owners for 3 generations.
Was well known all over Aus.
Now it's not worth a cracker, new owner changed everything.
Fish is like mud cakes dipped in lashings of some vegetarian style crappy oil.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 28, 2021, 8:20 am

Aaargh, prepare to be repulsed

Just read a local chippie back in the home country has started making vegan fish & chips.
The Starfish Bar in the high street very kindly prepared this vegan ‘vish’ and chips for me this evening.

The vish is made from banana blossom which is marinaded in a secret recipe and fried in a very tasty and crispy vegan beer batter. Having not eaten fish in over three years I can only describe the taste and texture as something resembling fresh mackerel. It was certainly nicer than I was expecting and the very friendly staff at The Starfish Bar told me it would definitely be on the menu if enough people were interested in this delicious plant based seafood alternative.

In fairness, it’s all kicking off by the vegan nazis that they don’t use different oil so it could be tainted with battered sausage, but still 😂
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 28, 2021, 10:43 pm

Chip shops are diversifying, what about this?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2021, 8:41 am

Best f & c I had was from Zanre's of Peterhead who won a national competition way back when I was playing stink-finger with Eva Webster on the school bus. Definitely something fishy there, eh?

Worst f & c was from Simon's on Jomtien. Slow-boiled in oil. My mate and I gave them to his cats and even they walked away. Absolute dross.

Mrs tam does a good job using her secret recipe beer batter that's based on tempura flour, Leo... and love.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 29, 2021, 8:50 am

Agree Tam :shock: :shock: ... had the FnC at Simons and they were inedible ..there used to be a chippie AT THE TOP OF soi Nern Plab Wan next to the mini Villa Market shop... they gave it a go werent too bad ..it closed.

Like the sound of ms Tams FnC supper .. change the Leo to Chang tho

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 29, 2021, 9:35 am

I used to like the offerings in Sampan Fish & Chips when we stayed in The Pannarai

Return to “Open Forum”