Bargain binoculars

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
glalt
udonmap.com

Bargain binoculars

Post by glalt » November 26, 2021, 5:32 pm

I enjoy watching birds, the feathered kind at home. (LOL) I have a pair of binoculars that my son gave me years ago. Tasco 10 X 42 World class. They are still pretty good but a bit heavy and bulky. I found a set on Lazada. Celestron Trail Seeker 10 X 42. Quite expensive but the Internet ratings are outstanding. Priced at 17,851 Baht on Lazada. I really didn't want to spend that much but had a look on Ali-express. They were priced in US dollars. Their big sales price was about $196 dollars. Still pretty expensive, but I kept looking.I saw a set priced at $131.32. I decided that was a mistake and asked the seller about it. He said that sometimes the same products are priced different and if I wanted to order, to order the cheapest price. I ordered them and the purchase went through. The same day I got an email from the seller telling me the product was out of stock and he asked me to cancel the order. I told him that I didn't believe that and wanted what I had ordered and already paid for. He then said that the black color was not available. They come in green and black. I told him that black or green was OK and he could also substitute 8 X 42 if the 10 X 42 was not available. Anyways they are now shipped for the low price. I looked for them again and the ad says they are no longer available. Those binoculars are my early Christmas present. Thanks Ali-Express.

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Bargain binoculars

Post by glalt » December 8, 2021, 10:05 pm

glalt wrote:
November 26, 2021, 5:32 pm
I enjoy watching birds, the feathered kind at home. (LOL) I have a pair of binoculars that my son gave me years ago. Tasco 10 X 42 World class. They are still pretty good but a bit heavy and bulky. I found a set on Lazada. Celestron Trail Seeker 10 X 42. Quite expensive but the Internet ratings are outstanding. Priced at 17,851 Baht on Lazada. I really didn't want to spend that much but had a look on Ali-express. They were priced in US dollars. Their big sales price was about $196 dollars. Still pretty expensive, but I kept looking.I saw a set priced at $131.32. I decided that was a mistake and asked the seller about it. He said that sometimes the same products are priced different and if I wanted to order, to order the cheapest price. I ordered them and the purchase went through. The same day I got an email from the seller telling me the product was out of stock and he asked me to cancel the order. I told him that I didn't believe that and wanted what I had ordered and already paid for. He then said that the black color was not available. They come in green and black. I told him that black or green was OK and he could also substitute 8 X 42 if the 10 X 42 was not available. Anyways they are now shipped for the low price. I looked for them again and the ad says they are no longer available. Those binoculars are my early Christmas present. Thanks Ali-Express.
I learned another lesson. You can't trust Ali express or the Chinese sellers. I thought I got a bargain but I paid $131 dollars and received cheap binoculars that cost $82. I insisted on getting what I paid for but that isn't going to happen. I don't want the hassle of sending them back. I told the crooked seller to refund the difference in price and I would keep the cheap binoculars. Crooked bastards.

Return to “Open Forum”