Question ?? Is being born a bar steward enough

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Question ?? Is being born a bar steward enough

Post by stattointhailand » May 15, 2022, 3:56 pm

or do you still need extra training to become a School Uniform designer in Thailand =;

Just foolishly offered to do the ironing (fully clothed tam) and had the job of ironing daughters new school uniform (starts next week). I was under the impression that whoever designed her junior school kit needed standing against a wall and shooting as putting a load of pleats in skirts that needs to be washed (AND IRORNED) after every days wear is just creating work for the sake of it. Now, not only is the new skirt pleated but the idiots have managed to place 3 pleats half way up the shirt sleeve as well making it virtually impossible to iron properly.
I strongly suspect that whoever designed these kita a) has never had kids of their own and b) has never offered to help with the housework
Just think if all school skirts in Thailand were a simple A line with no pleats, you would save tens of thousands of miles of material and at least half an hour a week per student ironing the bl**dy things :-k

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Question ?? Is being born a bar steward enough

Post by tamada » May 15, 2022, 4:12 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 15, 2022, 3:56 pm
or do you still need extra training to become a School Uniform designer in Thailand =;

Just foolishly offered to do the ironing (fully clothed tam) and had the job of ironing daughters new school uniform (starts next week). I was under the impression that whoever designed her junior school kit needed standing against a wall and shooting as putting a load of pleats in skirts that needs to be washed (AND IRORNED) after every days wear is just creating work for the sake of it. Now, not only is the new skirt pleated but the idiots have managed to place 3 pleats half way up the shirt sleeve as well making it virtually impossible to iron properly.
I strongly suspect that whoever designed these kita a) has never had kids of their own and b) has never offered to help with the housework
Just think if all school skirts in Thailand were a simple A line with no pleats, you would save tens of thousands of miles of material and at least half an hour a week per student ironing the bl**dy things :-k
I strongly suspect the OP has never Googled for "how to iron pleats" and watched the YouTube.

That or he's out of his depth.

Anyhoo, here you go.

Hope this helps.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 15, 2022, 7:35 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 15, 2022, 3:56 pm
I was under the impression that whoever designed her junior school kit needed standing against a wall and shooting as putting a load of pleats in skirts that needs to be washed (AND IRORNED) after every days wear is just creating work for the sake of it. Now, not only is the new skirt pleated but the idiots have managed to place 3 pleats half way up the shirt sleeve as well making it virtually impossible to iron properly.
Ironing, a favourite pastime of mine but one that Giggles identifies as 'womens* work'.

That you're ironing your daughter's school uniform is indeed impressive - you are a 21st Century new age Dad. That you wish to execute the person who designed the skirt indicates a need to address your anger management.

* query addition of apostrophe after 's'.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 15, 2022, 7:53 pm

Perhaps the powers to be who approved the wearing of such uniforms had it in mind for parents to have their kids iron their own uniforms to instill in them the beginnings of a work ethic. It's the perfect way to set them on a path to independence. Next comes doing the dishes, sweeping the house, cleaning their own room, picking up the trash around the house and trimming the grass. Oh, and let's not forget washing the car. If a parent is not teaching their kids to work at an early age, they are doing them an injustice. Of course, we farangs know better, but to most Thais it's a foreign concept I'm sure, especially for the spoiled male children.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 15, 2022, 10:26 pm

Well if I've gotta use bags for life etc etc to save the planet, how come they aren't told to save half the material they waste on pleats and the gallons of dye they use to colour the yards of material you never see coz its inside the pleat.
BTW shorty is well on the path to independence .... she knows exactly when to sing "Whose the t*sser in the black", "you dont know what your doing" and to the tune of the Adams family ...."Youre Sister is yer mother, yer father is yer brother, yer all sh*g one another .... THE ANFIELD FAMILY :-"

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 15, 2022, 11:31 pm

it's " women's " earnest. i thought you were the
apostle of apostrophe , streaking about in wee
hours correcting store signs. don't play innocent

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 15, 2022, 11:41 pm

The apostle of apostrophe, I like that, arguably astute alliteration, Cali. Sadly, my command of the English language is average.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 15, 2022, 11:46 pm

don't forget, there's an avro lancaster bomber
buzzing around england. flypast something
dambusters tribute 1 of 2 left that can fly

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 15, 2022, 11:52 pm

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 16, 2022, 8:56 am

think the other one is in canada. 4 merlin engines?
saw a startup vid on utube. it's really impressive

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 17, 2022, 12:02 am

Yes, it's in Canada. It came across to Blighty a few years back.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 17, 2022, 4:59 am

there's a few guy martin proper episodes where
he's engaging in everything from irish linen wing
covering to ride-alongs. but no subtitles are avail

Return to “Open Forum”