Puyai Bahn with the hand out?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
tamada
udonmap.com

Puyai Bahn with the hand out?

Post by tamada » July 16, 2022, 1:59 pm

Mrs tam's oldest niece finally got a job but the employment process seems to have come across a stumbling block.

Apparently, our local puyai bahn has to sign some sort of legal document that the employer requires to get the niece on the books and into work. I am assuming it's some confirmation of either residence or domicile or similar? Maybe for social security fraud protection? Who really knows?

Apparently, our puyai bahn has been stalling the niece on this. When Mrs tam went to see her, she gave the excuse that she's signed enough of these for everyone and apparently can't be bothered doing another one. Not even a suggestion that she's too busy, just bua with doing them. Apparently people seeking finance or loans are also required to have some document signed by one's local puyai bahn ? I suggested to Mrs tam that she's simply seeking a 'contribution' which hit the nail on the head and Mrs tam is really angry about it. The old guy that had the job for years before her was brilliant but he passed away through ill health. He never hosed people or suggested fees for simply doing his job.

The government is anxious about unemployment and getting people back into work but it looks like even some of the lowest, local level of provincial administration just see this as another cash grab opportunity and bugger the consequences.

FWIW, we've had this puyai bahn for maybe five years already and she's pretty much reviled throughout the neighborhood. Didn't do much about some localised but perpetual flooding or the many broken street lights. Plenty stories about her drinking, parties, flamboyant lifestyle, being absent when appointments are made and generally not doing her job. Maybe there's a puyai bahn ombudsman that Mrs tam should seek out? Get some more evidence and do a Facebook reveal?

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Puyai Bahn with the hand out?

Post by GT93 » July 16, 2022, 2:36 pm

Shxt. How much do you think the bxtch wants? It might not be much if you're still earning money abroad. Perhaps it's best just to pay her and really support her opponent at the next election. I'd dial into some revenge.

I've paid tea money to get kids into schools (Satri Rachinuthit) but not done this one before. At the time I was pretty much a newbie and wasn't sure what the Satri Rachinuthit payment was.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 16, 2022, 2:45 pm

I guess the good news is ---- she will be gone when turning 60. The Puyai Baan is appointed from election to that age.
Prior to about 10 years ago the election cycle was 4 years.

BTW Mrs Dero has just been appointed Deputy Puyai Baan after her team won in June, the old team went passed their "use by date" in May. I'll see what she has to offer about your predicament.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 16, 2022, 3:02 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 16, 2022, 2:36 pm
.... bxtch .....
👎

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 16, 2022, 3:13 pm

If it was a dude my language would have been harsh too. I don't want to give the sheilas a pass. Both genders can behave badly.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 16, 2022, 3:49 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 16, 2022, 3:13 pm
If it was a dude my language would have been harsh too. I don't want to give the sheilas a pass. Both genders can behave badly.
Harsh ..... or offensive.....

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 16, 2022, 4:11 pm

Offensive to you? I think corruption is repugnant.

I wouldn't call my Prime Minister a bxtch even though I might not vote for her. But she isn't corrupt.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 16, 2022, 4:40 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 16, 2022, 4:11 pm
Offensive to you?
Nope - by definition.

Look it up.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 16, 2022, 4:41 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 16, 2022, 2:36 pm
Shxt. How much do you think the bxtch wants? It might not be much if you're still earning money abroad. Perhaps it's best just to pay her and really support her opponent at the next election. I'd dial into some revenge.

I've paid tea money to get kids into schools (Satri Rachinuthit) but not done this one before. At the time I was pretty much a newbie and wasn't sure what the Satri Rachinuthit payment was.
It's not about how much she wants as they'll NEVER be caught actually asking for any amount of cash. It's about being mugged. You give what you think is enough and they typically won't argue. However, if they think it's not enough, it may still take some time to get a signature. It's abuse of power as much as it is corruption.

Although Mrs tam isn't totally acquiescent and can roll with the punches with the rest of them if it's the path of least resistance, I guess she has had her fill of this [insert offensive, gender-neutral epithet here]. Especially when she's messing with a young girls work opportunity and future in stressful times.
Bandung_Dero wrote:
July 16, 2022, 2:45 pm
I guess the good news is ---- she will be gone when turning 60. The Puyai Baan is appointed from election to that age.
Prior to about 10 years ago the election cycle was 4 years.

BTW Mrs Dero has just been appointed Deputy Puyai Baan after her team won in June, the old team went passed their "use by date" in May. I'll see what she has to offer about your predicament.
Cheers BD, congrats to Mrs BD on the getting the deputy job. IIRC, this [expletive deleted] was younger than average when she got the job so I doubt she'll be tossed soon. Maybe she's in her last term and milking it?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 16, 2022, 4:49 pm

tamada wrote:
July 16, 2022, 1:59 pm
....Didn't do much about some localised but perpetual flooding or the many broken street lights. .......
Not defending her but normally local issues like roads and drainage etc. are supposed to be addressed under the SML (Small Medium Large - village class by population) system where every village receives a bi annual grant from the junta. In our case it's 250K Baht (Mrs Dero has the ATM Card and controlled it for the past 15 years BUT the expenditure is determined by a committee of village elders). Each project is audited and if any impropriety is found the grant is reduced next period. That's why MANY villages have ---- roads etc. Not for lack of funds BUT corruption!!!
Street lighting is the responsibility of the Or Bor Tor's office.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 16, 2022, 5:07 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 16, 2022, 4:40 pm
GT93 wrote:
July 16, 2022, 4:11 pm
Offensive to you?
Nope - by definition.

Look it up.
I haven't. I'd expect to see an unacceptable (to me) speciest definition.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 16, 2022, 6:55 pm

OK, the word is the Puyai Baan can be impeached. It takes a 51% of the "registered" village residence to sign a partition, they must state the reason for their dissatisfaction of the emcumbent and the document presented to the Amphur office for consideration.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 16, 2022, 8:04 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
July 16, 2022, 4:49 pm
tamada wrote:
July 16, 2022, 1:59 pm
....Didn't do much about some localised but perpetual flooding or the many broken street lights. .......
Not defending her but normally local issues like roads and drainage etc. are supposed to be addressed under the SML (Small Medium Large - village class by population) system where every village receives a bi annual grant from the junta. In our case it's 250K Baht (Mrs Dero has the ATM Card and controlled it for the past 15 years BUT the expenditure is determined by a committee of village elders). Each project is audited and if any impropriety is found the grant is reduced next period. That's why MANY villages have ---- roads etc. Not for lack of funds BUT corruption!!!
Street lighting is the responsibility of the Or Bor Tor's office.
Thanks for those clarifications.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 16, 2022, 8:07 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
July 16, 2022, 6:55 pm
OK, the word is the Puyai Baan can be impeached. It takes a 51% of the "registered" village residence to sign a partition, they must state the reason for their dissatisfaction of the emcumbent and the document presented to the Amphur office for consideration.
No formal complaint procedure before getting 51% onside? That'll be like herding cats at the best of time, especially with this infernal obeisance to authority. I blame the uniform nonsense for that but I digress.

I'll mention it to Mrs tam. Thanks BD.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 17, 2022, 11:18 am

There is a p[lace in Town , in the Governors building the agency is called the Dhamachea centre, ( spelliing iffy sorry ). Where normal people can complain to a Government agency that deals with corruption/bad service etc.
If the headman has to sign and that act is laid down, he/she cannot refuse to do so, thats illegal. Just because they are tired of signing is irrelevant .
If you go to complain make sure you have all the facts etc with you plus blue book etc.
It worked for me, with the onset of a temporary market curtailing its activities .

The centre might also offer a solution !!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 17, 2022, 5:43 pm

GT you should have spelt correctly "bitch"
Jack may thought it was 1 of the x's in beer

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 17, 2022, 5:46 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 17, 2022, 11:18 am
There is a p[lace in Town , in the Governors building the agency is called the Dhamachea centre, ( spelliing iffy sorry ). Where normal people can complain to a Government agency that deals with corruption/bad service etc.
If the headman has to sign and that act is laid down, he/she cannot refuse to do so, thats illegal. Just because they are tired of signing is irrelevant .
If you go to complain make sure you have all the facts etc with you plus blue book etc.
It worked for me, with the onset of a temporary market curtailing its activities .

The centre might also offer a solution !!
Thanks KP, I'll see what happens this coming week. I don't think this official is messing with the niece just because there's a farang "involved". I just asked Mrs tam what the delay was and got the story. We've been here for years but I know that there's not many kind words about the pyb "office" from some of our neighbors and they're all locals. Only two foreigners that I know of unless and I'm one of them but maybe some others are in covert ops. I don't think we feature much on pyb's radars. Never had any personal business with them but the old guy who preceded her had a wizard cure for the warts on my lads hands way back when.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Open Forum”