climate change

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
noosard
udonmap.com

Re: climate change

Post by noosard » September 16, 2022, 9:50 am

Strange these reefs that are being bleached presently are not in the news anywhere
but the pretty healthy ones are avaliable for all to see

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 16, 2022, 9:56 am

noosard wrote:
September 16, 2022, 9:50 am
Strange these reefs that are being bleached presently are not in the news anywhere
but the pretty healthy ones are avaliable for all to see
Duh! Took me less than 10 seconds to find these.

https://www.barrierreef.org/news/blog/c ... rrier-reef

https://www.coralcoe.org.au/for-manager ... rrier-reef
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 16, 2022, 10:05 am

See the year 2016-17 of your latest report
From Mr P aricle another anomaly no bleaching in the warmest waters ie the north

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 16, 2022, 10:09 am

noosard wrote:
September 16, 2022, 10:05 am
See the year 2016-17 of your latest report
From Mr P aricle another anomaly no bleaching in the warmest waters ie the north
Try the 2022 report in my last post, there have been four mass bleachings since 2016!
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 16, 2022, 10:45 am

notice this disagrees with the actual physical survey
seems they report what suits their agenda
So with all these mass bleachings why is the reef the healthy it has been in quite time

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 16, 2022, 10:48 am

Also notice the report is a total mix of years again all for their agenda

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 16, 2022, 10:57 am

Sure noosard, you know more than all the relevant authorities, why not write to them and inform them they are wrong. While you do so, I would advise them of your qualifications, the multiple surveys you have conducted over the relevant years over the 133,000 square miles of the reef, and the evidence you have gathered during your research.

Might be handy if you tell them how you achieved all of this while living in Thailand.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 16, 2022, 11:16 am

whistle it is easy to read 2 reports on the same subject and see they dont agree
and you have maybe or could be in half a dozen sentences

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 16, 2022, 12:18 pm

Noos, I cannot believe how stupid they are, it is vital you follow my advice above and put them on the straight and narrow path to the truth.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » September 16, 2022, 1:22 pm

Hey Barney, Noos and Pipoz, dont take too much notice of Whistles. He is on the climate change payroll of Al Gore, Tim Flannery and Greta and is whipped by them so much that he actually believes what they sprout on this climate change rubbish. When you control of a persons mind like Whistles, anything they say to him he is their devout servant to spread misinformation.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 16, 2022, 2:04 pm

G'day Sport.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » September 16, 2022, 3:53 pm

Gday there Whistles me ol mate. I see your trying to push some climate change stuff down other peoples throats. I wish you well ol mate as they are having none of it.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 16, 2022, 4:34 pm

Sport wrote:
September 16, 2022, 3:53 pm
Gday there Whistles me ol mate. I see your trying to push some climate change stuff down other peoples throats. I wish you well ol mate as they are having none of it.
Gentle persuasion only. 55

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 17, 2022, 12:56 pm

For those who doubt climate change, try here :-

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/u ... ure%20data.

These are facts, actual observations. If you do not believe it, you are in denial. You may doubt the causes, but not the facts.

Add to this the climate/weather phenomena of this year. Drought in Europe (possibly worst in 500 years). Drought in parts of China (worst since there records began in the 1960's). Ongoing drought in the West of USA (Lake Powell at lowest level since the reservoir was filled 50 years ago). Ongoing drought in East Africa. Also heat waves have dried out land faster, causing droughts and crop failures, and wildfires are now much more frequent.

A warming world means more evaporation, inevitably leading to more rain. But it isn't evenly distributed. If you have drought, somewhere you will have more rain. Pakistan 33 million people affected. Yesterday, one area of Italy had 400mm of rain in 4 hours.

Some people think climate change is an opportunity, e.g. can grow crops where you couldn't before. But not always. Melting permafrost doesn't provide good farmland, you end up with a pot-holed appearance, with waterlogged patches between higher areas, and foundations of houses and roads settle unevenly.

Climate change is a BIG problem.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 17, 2022, 1:24 pm

Rick,

You can feed climate deniers all the facts in the world and they will have a pat answer. Unfortunately they have delayed action when we should have been acting faster and harder decades ago, now the damage has already started and it will get worse and worse for decades until today's and tomorrow's action have an effect.

The bright star now is there are fewer fence sitters and more climate alarmists so governments are now changing policies. The one thing I wonder about, is how long it will take the earth to absorb the excess CO2 and get back to around .03 of the atmosphere. Apparently a very long time indeed.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2915/the- ... n-dioxide/

It seems the earth will change pretty much forever and subsequent generations will live in a different world. Hotter regions may be uninhabitable with people being forced to move to temperate zones. Some countries will cease to exist.
Last edited by Whistler on September 17, 2022, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 17, 2022, 1:29 pm

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 18, 2022, 12:54 am

A very good article noos. Takes a bit of reading but appears to support the view that there is a long way to go to stop more damage to the environment, and we are too late starting that journey.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 18, 2022, 5:50 am

No whistle it shows there is a long way till it starts
So called emmission controls and carbon taxes are hot air which is causing climate change

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 18, 2022, 6:16 am

Whistler reckons governments, businesses and individuals have started to solve the problem but it's probably all too late.

noosard reckons that these entities haven't even started skinning this cat and the steps taken so far are simply window dressing.

Is that a fair synopsis of your divergent views?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 18, 2022, 7:09 am

Spot on for my view of things

Return to “Open Forum”