climate change

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: climate change

Post by tamada » September 1, 2022, 3:08 am

Earnest wrote:
September 1, 2022, 1:00 am
tamada wrote:
August 26, 2022, 12:39 pm
Apparently Vlad isn't exactly helping things either.
How's he doing, still in Cumbria?
You mean little vlad? Probably. Last I heard he holds court on that thaiger thingmie.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 3, 2022, 2:29 pm

More and more extreme weather conditions are showing we left it too late to minimise the devastation that climate change is having on our planet.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/clim ... 5besw.html
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2022, 4:28 pm

To me, there are much more important things in life, considering our probable life span is relatively short, by comparison. 70-80 years, well for most of us.

Personally, I believe that the argument / issue surrounding climate change is of far less significance, to that which most people have /need to address, in their lives. I don’t profess to speak for all, nor do insist on being a whiz on the matter or that my views are the only views that warrant consideration, on the issue climate change.

Nor do I put my faith in the views / opinions of unnamed “Scientists” and or so-called “Experts”. Continued general reference to support any argument, to persons/entities i.e. “the Experts or the Scientist”, who never seem to have a name, is a complete *****, in my humble view.

I chose not to live in a bush fire zone or build on a flood plain. Don’t live in tornado alley, am too far inland to worry about hurricanes, don’t live on the slopes of a volcano or the near the ring of fire. My house sits on a small but relatively flat knoll, which is still some 200m above sea level, so whatever the polar caps do in the next 20 years, is fine by me. =; [-(

I still have a BBQ whenever I want, sit down to a nice roast lamb or rib eye steak, drive a Chevy V8, burn my rubbish off in the back yard, leave my A/C and lights on at home in the night and then get on with my lifestyle every morning. :wave: :guiness: \:D/ :lol: \:D/

With life being finite, I prefer to put my days and evenings, to much better use and enjoy it. :drunk: :-({|= :guitar:

To use an Australian expression, “She’ll be right mate”, at least in my time. =D>

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on September 3, 2022, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 3, 2022, 4:36 pm

Pip. Another Australian expression is 'Im all right Jack'
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 3, 2022, 4:53 pm

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 3, 2022, 4:53 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 3, 2022, 4:36 pm
For the non-Australians on the forum, the expression very aptly noted by Whistles refers to "a selfish individual who couldn't give a shiitt about anyone else".

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2022, 5:04 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 3, 2022, 4:36 pm
Hi and there are lots of Australian expressions.

But the two expressions above (yours) and mine has a totally different meaning/inference, of which you are probably aware.

She’ll be right mate, infers a belief that "whatever is wrong will right itself with time" [-(

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on January 20, 2023, 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 3, 2022, 5:10 pm

How about 'I don't give a rat's'. I left off the word referring to a posterior.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2022, 5:32 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 3, 2022, 5:10 pm
Having one of those days are we?? [-X

Must be that time of the month

pipoz4444

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 3, 2022, 5:59 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
September 3, 2022, 5:32 pm
Whistler wrote:
September 3, 2022, 5:10 pm
Having one of those days are we?? [-X

Must be that time of the month

pipoz4444
If the shoe fits. You clearly stated you do not give a rat's as long as you are ok. Nes pas?

I happen to care that this world is left to future generations, you obviously do not. That time of month? What a lame insult, can't you come up with something more original?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2022, 6:54 pm

pipoz4444
[/quote]

If the shoe fits. You clearly stated you do not give a rat's as long as you are ok. Nes pas?

I happen to care that this world is left to future generations, you obviously do not. That time of month? What a lame insult, can't you come up with something more original?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs
[/quote]

Edited Quote:

I make no apologies for this view now, nor do I intend to do so in the future. For the most part, it has been much like other endeavors in life.

Unfortunately, from time to time, criticism goes beyond the bounds of civil debate and discourse. Today it seems quite acceptable to attack when one disagrees. Do I believe that my views or opinions are perfect or infallible? No, I do not.

But in admitting that I have no claim to perfection or infallibility, I am also asserting that competing or differing views similarly have no such claim. And they should not be accorded a status of infallibility or any status that suggests otherwise.

With differing, but equally fallible views, I think it is best that they be aired and sorted out in an environment of civility

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 3, 2022, 7:07 pm

An environment of civility? Does that wash with your comments about that time of month?

Hypocrisy on steroids.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2022, 7:57 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 3, 2022, 7:07 pm
An environment of civility? Does that wash with your comments about that time of month?

Hypocrisy on steroids.
Wow!

Sorry but I am too busy earning a quid to waste any more time on this :wave: :fryingpan: :guitar:

pipoz4444

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 3, 2022, 8:06 pm

After making a statement, making too many hyproctical statements after that you put your tail between your legs and slope off. Perhaps you should have STFU in the first place.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 14, 2022, 12:31 am

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 14, 2022, 2:08 am

I stopped before I even started, after reading
The founder of Greenpeace, Dr Patrick Moore,......
because I knew from previous reading that that claim is widely debunked ------. [-(

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 14, 2022, 3:02 am

Whistler wrote:
September 3, 2022, 8:06 pm
After making a statement, making too many hyproctical statements after that you put your tail between your legs and slope off. Perhaps you should have STFU in the first place.
Looks more like pipoz has simply chosen not to engage with you any more. No "tail between your legs" seen here but up to you if you consider you've 'won' anything here. You were the first one to degrade the otherwise fair exchange of differing opinion with references to the north end of a south bound rat. As for STFU, well, there you go again.

Back on topic, if one has the time, here's a very interesting view on the impractical time frames for transition being touted by the climate alarmists.

This 50 minute video summarizes elements of his peer-reviewed and comprehensive study titled "Assessment of the Extra Capacity Required of Alternative Energy Electrical Power Systems to Completely Replace Fossil Fuels". Although 1,000 pages long, links to the PDF and an 8-page summary version can be found at the 11:10 mark of the video.

2884.jpg
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 14, 2022, 9:23 am

An interesting graph. The move away from fossil fuels now is too late to prevent a lot of damage, we are seeing this with severe climate manifesting itself like recent Pakistan floods.

I have minimal confidence that the governments of the world will manage the transition well.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 14, 2022, 10:34 am

So not going to happen anytime soon

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 14, 2022, 10:38 am

noosard wrote:
September 14, 2022, 10:34 am
So not going to happen anytime soon
Sadly the case, I agree with you. However most governments have started the journey, cup half full or half empty?

Return to “Open Forum”