Hitting the Report button

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: Hitting the Report button

Post by Earnest » September 19, 2022, 4:17 pm

parrot wrote:
September 19, 2022, 4:08 pm
I can't say for sure, but I seem to recall many of the people who bailed on UM because of moderation saw the demise of alternative forums because of the lack of moderation.
No, I think that's accurate. I was one of those chaps who moved across to Udon Talk in 2009 as the moderation on UM was overzealous. Lack of moderation on Udon Talk did see many move back. Of course, UM also had a new owner by then.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » September 19, 2022, 4:39 pm

Oh dear this seems to have gone of the rails. I'm off to hide in the Quiz thread.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 19, 2022, 4:44 pm

Good idea, I'll put some more questions together.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 19, 2022, 4:54 pm

It's nice to see Niggly back and in fine fighting form. He is one of the best at standing up for himself.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 19, 2022, 4:56 pm

And fighting lost causes

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 19, 2022, 4:57 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 19, 2022, 4:44 pm
Good idea, I'll put some more questions together.
Try and add some diversity with topics that include Africa, the Middle and Far East and British North America. DIE (Diversity, inclusion and equity) are where it's at these days.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 19, 2022, 5:43 pm

I will but I need you to watch my back in here should things get tasty between Niggly and KP.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 19, 2022, 6:06 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 19, 2022, 4:17 pm
parrot wrote:
September 19, 2022, 4:08 pm
I can't say for sure, but I seem to recall many of the people who bailed on UM because of moderation saw the demise of alternative forums because of the lack of moderation.
No, I think that's accurate. I was one of those chaps who moved across to Udon Talk in 2009 as the moderation on UM was overzealous. Lack of moderation on Udon Talk did see many move back. Of course, UM also had a new owner by then.
as the moderation on UM was overzealous.....It STILL Is for CERTAIN Posters Steve !!!!! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 19, 2022, 6:55 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 19, 2022, 5:43 pm
I will but I need you to watch my back in here should things get tasty between Niggly and KP.
I will, but I think Niggly will be able to out pace the Commander after he gets the first jabs in. Ummm, I am guessing you meant 'testy' instead of 'tasty' unless you are thinking of large amounts of blood oozing from wounds.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 19, 2022, 7:18 pm

No, I meant 'tasty' resorting to the Cockney vernacular.

I think the Niggly/KP thing is all machismo posturing but I'm ready to break it up if someone throws a teacup.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 19, 2022, 10:17 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 19, 2022, 5:43 pm
New handbags. Same same old handbags.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 19, 2022, 10:18 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 19, 2022, 7:18 pm
No, I meant 'tasty' resorting to the Cockney vernacular.

I think the Niggly/KP thing is all machismo posturing but I'm ready to break it up if someone throws a teacup.
Testosterone deficiency. It's not just someone else's problem.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 20, 2022, 7:07 am

Initially I was correcting an erroneous assumption which has now grown into a "THING " ;. Sorry to advise you all , nothing is being reignited, it is a pointless exercise and not worth the effort it takes to quieten a person whose has a bruised ego..I follow the old adage , Loose Lips sink ships, , referring to UT as a ship which was sunk !!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 20, 2022, 7:27 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 20, 2022, 7:07 am
Initially I was correcting an erroneous assumption which has now grown into a "THING " ;. Sorry to advise you all , nothing is being reignited, it is a pointless exercise and not worth the effort it takes to quieten a person whose has a bruised ego..I follow the old adage , Loose Lips sink ships, , referring to UT as a ship which was sunk !!
Triggered 🫢

& you could share some of the “truth” you keep babbling on about while you are on this rampage of nonsense
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 20, 2022, 9:12 am

Niggly wrote:
September 20, 2022, 7:27 am

Triggered 🫢
Seems he's not alone. ;)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 20, 2022, 9:43 am

Too true JS, oft times we all get upset at what some say, some choose to ignorte, some reply with a lucid point understood and nothing further occurs and SOME will take umbrage at even Toilet paper on the roll the wrong way around or a perceived slight denting a fragile ego which triggers a response which they find hard to let go .
We see that so often now in the USA more so than on here, entitled people thinking the world revolves around them normally linked to racist undertones or superior entitlement which often goes wrong, (they are I believe called Karens or Kevins ). Sadly to take them apart physically is no longer allowed even verbally brings down the wrath of laws etc. Best as we learnt long ago, ignore the person or persons and they will either GO too far or just shut up .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 20, 2022, 1:41 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 20, 2022, 9:43 am
Too true JS, oft times we all get upset at what some say, some choose to ignorte, some reply with a lucid point understood and nothing further occurs and SOME will take umbrage at even Toilet paper on the roll the wrong way around or a perceived slight denting a fragile ego which triggers a response which they find hard to let go .
We see that so often now in the USA more so than on here, entitled people thinking the world revolves around them normally linked to racist undertones or superior entitlement which often goes wrong, (they are I believe called Karens or Kevins ). Sadly to take them apart physically is no longer allowed even verbally brings down the wrath of laws etc. Best as we learnt long ago, ignore the person or persons and they will either GO too far or just shut up .

Triggered🫢

Still nothing to back up your statements then? I can wait
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 21, 2022, 4:27 am

KP & Niggly giving each other Kendo Nagasaki death stares has slowed this thread to a standstill, readers.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's exciting episode.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 21, 2022, 6:17 pm

It seems to have died of natural causes - boredom, fatigue, lack of purpose, inability of one partner to produce evidence and so on

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 22, 2022, 1:09 am

Neither fat lad has blinked. You could hear a fish fart on this thread.

Return to “Open Forum”