News Sources

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
noosard
udonmap.com

News Sources

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 9:11 am

Seems a few members dont like, believe the news as from the wrong sources
Try having an opened mind and think for yourself

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: News Sources

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 9, 2022, 9:15 am

Could you elaborate a bit? Which members are close minded? Which are the correct news sources?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 9:25 am

All news sources can be factual
I just posted on another thread and was told this
"Noos, who owns the Geelong advertiser? Guess? Yep, News limited
Why repeat their BS?"

and not for first time

It maybe that the news does not suit their own narrow views

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 9:37 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
October 9, 2022, 9:15 am
Could you elaborate a bit? Which members are close minded? Which are the correct news sources?
Noos quoted a News Limited article yesterday about the Central Coast council. The story was utter BS, and I chipped him for taking any News Limited rag at face value.

I must have hurt his feelings, poor soul.

A bit of background. Leading up to election time, the liberal party always, always, always plants accusations with friendly News Limited hacks. There is a state election due in a few months and some state seats in this area are marginal. The council is dominated by independents and Labor representatives, some of whom are standing in the state elections.

Same as before the last Federal election when trekkertony fell for a planted story about Richard Marles (now deputy PM) being a China lover.

News Limited is a lousy source if you seek the truth.

For your benefit noos, I sent of a message to Jeff Sunstrom who is a councillor there, and asked him where this story came from. I will post Jeff's reply when he responds.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 9:54 am

Senior journalist and respected broadcaster Jim Wilson who works across Nine’s various radio stations for over two decades
He is currently a mainstay of news and sports broadcasts at the Seven Network, where he has been a sports presenter and sports editor. He joined Seven in 1992 from Channel Nine.

Seems to be a journo with a reputation

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 9, 2022, 9:58 am

Instead of simply calling a fellow member's posts BS and lambasting them for what YOU perceive as THEIR narrow views, how about taking the time to find the ALTERNATIVE view on the media and post that? Yes,there are two broad stripes of politics represented by the media (and all sorts in between) so maybe seek a credible alternative source or opinion, post the link and let that lead the conversation.

That way you should have a more viable claim to there being BS. Otherwise it just comes across as boorish, shooting the messenger invective with some members feeling their testosterone depletion more than others.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 10:07 am

For your benefit Tam, what I stated

'There is no ban on flying the flag, zero. There is a ban on using the flag on street banners in the Gosford cbd and Wyong cbd as it can be misused for commercial purposes'.

Noos subsequently posted a source that confirmed what I said was 100% correct, but still bitched about it.

So STfU Tam, noos post was BS and if you post BS you run the risk of being caught out. If was a one off, maybe your suggestion holds water but when it is a consistent issue, both barrels
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 10:19 am

I love the misuse of Aussie flag for commercial purposes as a reason not to have the flag flying or seen
What absolute twaddle

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 10:29 am

noosard wrote:
October 9, 2022, 10:19 am
I love the misuse of Aussie flag for commercial purposes as a reason not to have the flag flying or seen
What absolute twaddle
Why are you persisting with such a blatant lie? The Australian flag is not banned in that region.

https://coastcommunitynews.com.au/centr ... t-banners/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 9, 2022, 10:31 am

And after politely trying to take the heat out what appears to be a deeply personal but otherwise rather parochial handbag, I have subsequently been told to STfU by what must be the most depleted old ballbag in Isaan.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 10:37 am

Whistler wrote:
October 9, 2022, 10:29 am
noosard wrote:
What absolute twaddle
Why are you persisting with such a blatant lie? The Australian flag is not banned in that region.

Did you actually read your source

The debate over flag-flying and street banners intensified last week after Peninsula Chamber of Commerce President, Matthew Wales, said the Chamber would fight to regain the right to fly the Australian flag on light poles in Umina on special occasions, labeling the Council draft Flying of Flags policy “un-Australian”.

Wales reiterated his concern with the draft policy at the public forum ahead of the Council meeting on Tuesday, 26 July, highlighting that there were no flagpoles in the whole Umina Beach precinct.

Administrator Hart acknowledged the feedback and was surprised to discover Umina Beach had no flagpoles.

“I have asked Council Officers to investigate the feasibility of installing flag infrastructure in Umina Beach CBD,” Hart said in a subsequent interview with CCN.

“Throughout the development of these draft documents, Council officers engaged with a diverse range of key stakeholders including current banner infrastructure users, town centre businesses and business chambers and we’re keen to also hear from the broader community before these policies are finalised and adopted.”

The Draft Flying of Flags Policy proposes that flags will only be permitted to be flown on official flag poles, they will not be flown if damaged, faded or dilapidated and only at night when illuminated.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 10:38 am

Seems there is a fire there as there is smoke

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 10:51 am

noosard wrote:
October 9, 2022, 10:38 am
Seems there is a fire there as there is smoke
If there is smoke but no fire it is called a smokescreen and you fell for it.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 10:56 am

noosard wrote:
October 9, 2022, 10:37 am
Whistler wrote:
noosard wrote:
What absolute twaddle

The debate over flag-flying and street banners intensified last week after Peninsula Chamber of Commerce President, Matthew Wales, said the Chamber would fight to regain the right to fly the Australian flag on light poles in Umina on special occasions, labeling the Council draft Flying of Flags policy “un-Australian”.

Wales reiterated his concern with the draft policy at the public forum ahead of the Council meeting on Tuesday, 26 July, highlighting that there were no flagpoles in the whole Umina Beach precinct.

Administrator Hart acknowledged the feedback and was surprised to discover Umina Beach had no flagpoles.

“I have asked Council Officers to investigate the feasibility of installing flag infrastructure in Umina Beach CBD,” Hart said in a subsequent interview with CCN.

“Throughout the development of these draft documents, Council officers engaged with a diverse range of key stakeholders including current banner infrastructure users, town centre businesses and business chambers and we’re keen to also hear from the broader community before these policies are finalised and adopted.”

The Draft Flying of Flags Policy proposes that flags will only be permitted to be flown on official flag poles, they will not be flown if damaged, faded or dilapidated and only at night when illuminated.
Are you serious about posting such nonsense. Umina has heaps of flagpoles. There are several RSL clubs, surf clubs, memorial sites etc in umina

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms ... n1h8OY1PiM

https://images.app.goo.gl/MowrJAWYoHVpa9LBA
Last edited by Whistler on October 9, 2022, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 11:13 am

tamada wrote:
October 9, 2022, 10:31 am
And after politely trying to take the heat out what appears to be a deeply personal but otherwise rather parochial handbag, I have subsequently been told to STfU by what must be the most depleted old ballbag in Isaan.
Tam, why were you suspended last year, it was for posting a much more personal insult than STFU.

The pot calling the kettle you hypocrite

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 11:35 am

Whistler wrote:
October 9, 2022, 10:56 am
noosard wrote:
October 9, 2022, 10:37 am
Whistler wrote:

You are the one that posted this
Try reading your own sources

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 11:55 am

Yes noos, he said he was surprised, indicating he had no first hand knowledge.

I do. There are dozens of flagpoles in Umina.

The memorial.
Ocean Beach SLSC
Club Umina
To name a few.

Bottom line noosard, no matter how much you post and protest and obfuscate, your post on the other thread was false. It sounded false and it proved to be so.

I got a response on messenger from former councillor Jeff Sunstrom. He had not even heard about the flag ban, shows how narrowly this issue is in the very region that News Limited is reporting.

It is BS from the start and obviously so. Anybody with an ounce if common-sense would have understood that.

Bleating like a stuck pig won't change the facts, not allowing the Aussie flag in Gosford is total BS. No flag poles in Umina is also utter BS.

What are you going to pivot to next? Perhaps you could find out the flags were made in China so they are not Australian, or the ratio of height to width is non standard?

C'mon you must have another tangential argument?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 12:16 pm

Shows former councillor Jeff Sunstrom is not keeping up with local issuses
And as your source shows there is problem there somewhere if the council needs to discuss this
Plus not mention anything about a ban on banners which have the Aussie flag
Last edited by noosard on October 9, 2022, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 12:17 pm

Not a good pivot, got another?

Not allowing Australian flag is still BS
Last edited by Whistler on October 9, 2022, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 12:21 pm

Also how does this help News limited
Just a tinpot coastal district which needs help administrating its own affairs

Return to “Open Forum”