WORDS

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Shado
udonmap.com

Re: WORDS

Post by Shado » March 23, 2023, 6:32 am

Earnest wrote:
March 23, 2023, 1:53 am
Doodoo wrote:
March 22, 2023, 6:52 pm
We all admire his obdurate refusal to give up on his goal despite the many challenges he faced.
Yes, of course.

Any further meanings for fawn?
We once had a forum member called fawn. He used to run competitive races even though he had one wooden leg.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 23, 2023, 8:46 am

Wasn't that the same chap who spent much of his time hiding behind the Chesterfield - and otherwise drooling over Ms Windsor's bosoms while watching endless Carry On repeats?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 23, 2023, 11:04 am

Twas also a young lady called Fawn from NBLP who I met in my single days. Body and face to die for.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 23, 2023, 2:52 pm

Agastopia (n)
agg-uh-stow-pee-ah

Admiration of a particular part of someone’s body.

The visual enjoyment of the appearance of a specific physical aspect of another.

Example sentences
“This agastopia I have for your neck renders me insensate.”

“Have you ever noticed his agastopia? He cannot raise his eyes above waist level when a particularly callipygian woman walks by.”

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 23, 2023, 3:01 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 23, 2023, 2:52 pm
Agastopia (n)
agg-uh-stow-pee-ah

Admiration of a particular part of someone’s body.

The visual enjoyment of the appearance of a specific physical aspect of another.

Example sentences
“This agastopia I have for your neck renders me insensate.”

“Have you ever noticed his agastopia? He cannot raise his eyes above waist level when a particularly callipygian woman walks by.”
I suffer from reverse agastopia and cant keep my eyes below waist level never mind my salava glands producing unstoppable amounts of drool ..i always seem to get a severe bout when in Nuchy Music bar in Soi Samphan .. anyone that knows the land lay and her monster mammarys will understand... does this make me a bad person ? is agastopia curable ?

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 23, 2023, 4:43 pm

symbiosis

noun | sim-bee-OH-sis

What It Means

In the field of biology, symbiosis refers to the relationship between two different kinds of living things that live together and depend on each other. In broader, non-scientific contexts, symbiosis means “a cooperative relationship,” such as between two persons or groups.

A perfect symbiosis was at work between the café’s co-owners, with Stephanie managing the day-to-day operations and Maria handling the finances.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 23, 2023, 5:11 pm

Two different kinds of living things, like the relationship between the Sun & DM's Betty Swallocks?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 23, 2023, 5:25 pm

Pejorative

adjective

pejorative.png

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 24, 2023, 1:48 am

Shado wrote:
March 23, 2023, 6:32 am
We once had a forum member called fawn. He used to run competitive races even though he had one wooden leg.
jackspratt wrote:
March 23, 2023, 8:46 am
Wasn't that the same chap who spent much of his time hiding behind the Chesterfield - and otherwise drooling over Ms Windsor's bosoms while watching endless Carry On repeats?
I think he's still there with a pair of Izzix's underpants on his head.

But I'm thinking of the fictional character named Fawn, DooDoo.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 24, 2023, 2:01 pm

Cab·o·tage
noun

the right to operate sea, air, or other transport services within a particular territory.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 24, 2023, 2:36 pm

Cab - as in taxi?

-tage as in taaj or tadge?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 24, 2023, 3:04 pm

Cabotage a great new word for most or all of us, good doodoo, much better getting obscure words like this. I looked up a few definitions, it's quite a complex set of regulations.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 24, 2023, 5:46 pm

symbiosis
noun | sim-bee-OH-sis

What It Means

In the field of biology, symbiosis refers to the relationship between two different kinds of living things that live together and depend on each other. In broader, non-scientific contexts, symbiosis means “a cooperative relationship,” such as between two persons or groups.

// A perfect symbiosis was at work between the café’s co-owners, with Stephanie managing the day-to-day operations and Maria handling the finances.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 24, 2023, 9:10 pm

sim-by-OH-sis, ain't it?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 25, 2023, 5:12 pm

eighty-six
verb | ay-tee-SIKS

What It Means

Eighty-six is an informal word that means “to eject, dismiss, or remove someone.” It is usually used in the context of banning or refusing to serve a customer, but it can also refer to rejecting, discontinuing, or removing something in general.

// The teenagers were eighty-sixed by the manager after they attempted to start a food fight in the restaurant.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 25, 2023, 6:15 pm

:-k Never heard of that description

One more than eighty five i've heard of.
Daughter watches Anime series called 86

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 25, 2023, 7:35 pm

I generally stop counting at sixty-nine.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 25, 2023, 11:56 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 25, 2023, 5:12 pm
eighty-six
verb | ay-tee-SIKS
What It Means
Eighty-six is an informal word that means “to eject, dismiss, or remove someone.” It is usually used in the context of banning or refusing to serve a customer, but it can also refer to rejecting, discontinuing, or removing something in general.
// The teenagers were eighty-sixed by the manager after they attempted to start a food fight in the restaurant.
Oh yes, I like that one, DooDoo. You could say that my old pal, Pomps, got 86'd from here. Could you say Alan is 85'd in that his submissions must pass muster before posting? KP may be at 83 as he's on the naughty step? If Jack is at 69 then he's cruising.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 26, 2023, 4:53 pm

cavalcade
noun | kav-ul-KAYD

What It Means

Cavalcade refers to a series or procession of usually related things. It can also be used specifically for a procession of riders or carriages, or vehicles or ships.

Since the high-powered console’s debut late last year, video game companies have steadily unveiled a cavalcade of new games that showcase its groundbreaking graphics.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 26, 2023, 5:40 pm

A cavalcade of ships... :-k

OK, I'll go with that.

Return to “Open Forum”