WORDS

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: WORDS

Post by Khun Paul » February 27, 2023, 5:55 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 27, 2023, 5:46 pm
How can I unsubscribe for a thread?
Stop posting i thought the so-intelligent Scot~Aussie would know that

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 27, 2023, 6:11 pm

KP. It is a statement, an intent, a comment, OK?

Do you have a sophisticated appreciation to understand that?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 27, 2023, 6:12 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
February 27, 2023, 5:55 pm
No need to be sarcastic, insulting, or condescending. And just not posting any more does not unsubscribe someone from a thread.

Whistler wrote:
1. Look for your username in the upper right of the screen when you're in the forum. There will be a dark blue arrow just to the right of your name. Click that arrow.

2. That will display a drop-down menu. Click "User Control Panel"

3. You are now in the front page of the User Control Panel. Click the tab on the left marked "Manage subscriptions"

4. You will now be on the Manage subscriptions page where you will be able to unsubscribe.

Any problems or questions, please feel free to send me an email at:
[email protected]

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 27, 2023, 6:25 pm

Thesaurus.png

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 28, 2023, 1:43 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 27, 2023, 11:50 am
Words to a history of where I lived. I dont see the corilation
Correlation, DooDoo. :lol:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 28, 2023, 1:10 pm

Udon Map wrote:
February 27, 2023, 6:12 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
February 27, 2023, 5:55 pm
No need to be sarcastic, insulting, or condescending. And just not posting any more does not unsubscribe someone from a thread.

Whistler wrote:
1. Look for your username in the upper right of the screen when you're in the forum. There will be a dark blue arrow just to the right of your name. Click that arrow.

2. That will display a drop-down menu. Click "User Control Panel"

3. You are now in the front page of the User Control Panel. Click the tab on the left marked "Manage subscriptions"

4. You will now be on the Manage subscriptions page where you will be able to unsubscribe.

Any problems or questions, please feel free to send me an email at:
[email protected]
For the benefit of others on here, it does not seem quite that simple.

Step 4 has an unsubscribe thread option, but when I clicked on the link, no threads were displayed.

Thank you for clipping the wings of those that seek to unnecessarily disparage at every opportunity One down, maybe a few to go.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 28, 2023, 4:19 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 28, 2023, 1:10 pm
Step 4 has an unsubscribe thread option, but when I clicked on the link, no threads were displayed.
I wonder if it's our definition of "subscribe." Do you receive an email every time someone posts in the thread?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 28, 2023, 4:41 pm

Udon Map wrote:
February 28, 2023, 4:19 pm
Whistler wrote:
February 28, 2023, 1:10 pm
I wonder if it's our definition of "subscribe." Do you receive an email every time someone posts in the thread?
No notifications, suspect that might be what that option is, no big deal, don't bother wasting your time any further. Perhaps KP can find a solution, 55

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 1, 2023, 1:52 am

Hey, DooDoo.

Apanthropy.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 1, 2023, 9:48 am

There are I am sure many ways to distance yourself from any post. One way is to cancel, notification of any replies. The othe is NOT to actually post anymore on that post, he last is to stop posting altogether .

Most of those require a degree of personal decisions and in reality unless you wish to be like Prince harry and play being a permanent victim, just ignore things you do not like and move on. far easier

Remember the old saying....Sticks and stones may break my bones BUT names will never hurt me, applies today even more with the WOKE, PC, Entitled brigade roaming the electronic airwaves these days.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2023, 1:24 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 1, 2023, 9:48 am
There are I am sure many ways to distance yourself from any post. One way is to cancel, notification of any replies. The othe is NOT to actually post anymore on that post, he last is to stop posting altogether .

Most of those require a degree of personal decisions and in reality unless you wish to be like Prince harry and play being a permanent victim, just ignore things you do not like and move on. far easier

Remember the old saying....Sticks and stones may break my bones BUT names will never hurt me, applies today even more with the WOKE, PC, Entitled brigade roaming the electronic airwaves these days.
You missed out on another option, don't put up with lies, offensive wording and BS and call the offending poster out, sometimes the mod will do that as you well know KP.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 1, 2023, 1:39 pm

Kerfuffle, DooDoo.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2023, 1:44 pm

Earnest wrote:
March 1, 2023, 1:39 pm
Kerfuffle, DooDoo.
what about Blagh?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 1, 2023, 4:32 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 1, 2023, 1:24 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
March 1, 2023, 9:48 am

You missed out on another option, don't put up with lies, offensive wording and BS and call the offending poster out, sometimes the mod will do that as you well know KP.
Od is that an option for removing yourself from as post, I tend NOT to moan and groan as we are all human unless you emigrated as a baby and try to be important . Anything else I mainly ignore . Compromise is NOT your strong point Whistler is it eh !!!!!!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 1, 2023, 6:12 pm

FRESCO

Fresco refers to the art of painting on freshly spread moist lime plaster using water-based pigments. It is also the word for a painting executed in this style.

// The ceiling piece was done in fresco and dates back to the 1800s.

// The fresco that adorned the wall of the old Roman cathedral took the artist five years to complete.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 1, 2023, 6:19 pm

Damn, I thought it was that short lived grocery supplier Fred Sacha Cohens company

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2023, 6:21 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 1, 2023, 6:12 pm
FRESCO

Fresco refers to the art of painting on freshly spread moist lime plaster using water-based pigments. It is also the word for a painting executed in this style.

// The ceiling piece was done in fresco and dates back to the 1800s.

// The fresco that adorned the wall of the old Roman cathedral took the artist five years to complete.
I knew an outdoor BBQ chef, his name was Al.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 2, 2023, 11:50 am

A few words from Gary ...

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 2, 2023, 1:28 pm

Pertolerate, DooDoo.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 2, 2023, 5:36 pm

contretemps
noun

The word contretemps refers to an inconvenient or embarrassing occurrence or situation. It can also refer to a dispute or argument.

// Jacqueline found herself in the middle of an embarrassing contretemps when her client suddenly changed his story and, ignoring her advice, spoke to reporters.

// There was a bit of a contretemps over the seating arrangements during wedding planning.

Return to “Open Forum”