U.S. NOTARY IN UDON THANI

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Mosquito
udonmap.com

U.S. NOTARY IN UDON THANI

Post by Mosquito » April 14, 2023, 2:44 am

Anyone know of a U.S. Notary in Udon Thani??

Need some paperwork notarized, hoping not to have to make a trip to Bangkok.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. NOTARY IN UDON THANI

Post by semperfiguy » April 15, 2023, 3:12 pm

Mosquito wrote:
April 14, 2023, 2:44 am

Mosquito, I'm guessing that what you are looking for is a local notary that will be acceptable to the entity in the US which is requesting your signature to be authenticated on a document. Perhaps after you find a notary locally, you can ask the US entity if they will accept his authentication. Most will only accept a document notarized by the US Embassy, and the Embassy in Bangkok will only notarize certain kinds of documents. See the link below!

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... es-public/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 15, 2023, 9:01 pm

if it for use in the US you could always go up to the American Embassy in Vienbtiane and get the document notarized. Same $50 fee as Bangtkok. If it is something required for the Thai government they'll only accept notarized documents from the US Embassy in Bangkok.
Dave

marcsarge
udonmap.com

Post by marcsarge » April 15, 2023, 11:04 pm

I've used a notary in Udon three times for witnessing my signature since C19 started and found that on a Doc for the court in Maine was no problem, a doc for the POA in Texas no problem and Doc for Retire pay for the Navy no problem. I ask before I did it and they all just stated as long as official was Cert. with Thai authorities it would be good to go. They Lawyer gave me copies of all her Certs. She charged 2000Bt which is about $55 to $60 depending on exchange rate which is close to U.S. Embassy charge but you don't need to travel to Bangkok to get it done. I forget her name but her office if your looking at Landmark is to the right maybe one or two stores or offices down. The office is also a language school. I no if you search in the forum there is a link or information about her with phone number.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 16, 2023, 9:17 am

marcsarge wrote:
April 15, 2023, 11:04 pm
I've used a notary in Udon three times for witnessing my signature since C19 started and found that on a Doc for the court in Maine was no problem, a doc for the POA in Texas no problem and Doc for Retire pay for the Navy no problem. I ask before I did it and they all just stated as long as official was Cert. with Thai authorities it would be good to go. They Lawyer gave me copies of all her Certs. She charged 2000Bt which is about $55 to $60 depending on exchange rate which is close to U.S. Embassy charge but you don't need to travel to Bangkok to get it done. I forget her name but her office if your looking at Landmark is to the right maybe one or two stores or offices down. The office is also a language school. I no if you search in the forum there is a link or information about her with phone number.
Attachments
C360_2014-10-07-09-45-04-975.jpg
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 16, 2023, 9:24 am

Call here and check. I spoke with him at his office recently and he says he can do notary work for the US, but didn't get into detail with him. Click on image below to enlarge. The Google location link is here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.3881524 ... authuser=0
Attachments
Notary.jpg
20190723_134159.jpg

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 16, 2023, 2:54 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
April 16, 2023, 9:17 am
marcsarge wrote:
April 15, 2023, 11:04 pm
Prachoom Wittaya School
https://goo.gl/maps/XvZPujvFMDtxw6y36

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » April 16, 2023, 5:35 pm

Thxs, will check both out this week.

Will have to do some research on what qualifies in the US as a certified notary before hand.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » April 16, 2023, 5:39 pm

Mak / semperfiguy,

Did your notary us a seal to stamp your documents?

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » June 29, 2023, 10:03 am

Mosquito wrote:

I needed a Power of Attorney yesterday. Emailed three places in Udon. No anwser. LINE'd one and got a reply last eve but no follow up yet today for my appointment time and cost.

My daughter suggested using an online notary.

https://www.notarize.com/?utm_medium=cp ... ual+notary

Uploaded the scanned document in PDF format. Needed to make an account with email address and password before beginning the ID process. Part of the info was a US address and my SSN.

Answered a few multiple-guess questions that only I would know (old addresses, previous vehicles I owned, former job titles all taken from credit report databases I assume) as part of the verification. After some initial tries using the phone QR code, I couldn't find an easy way to give the website access one time in my Android settings so I elected to use a laptop camera. After several attempts to get a clear focused and free of glare it finally worked when I brought in a backlight.

Next step was a live video with the next notary public in the stable. Made the bed behind me and put on a shirt :censored: then clicked begin. 15 seconds later (glad I put on a shirt) I was on a video call with a dude in Texas. He changed the state on the document to where he was registered then asked the appropriate questions like "is this your signature", "are the facts in the document true" etc. Done in 2 min. He told me the next steps: Pay $25 online, enter email addresses to receive the document. I gave him some feedback about the phone QR and inability to swap laptop cameras after starting the process. One min later I was done. Fairly painless really. The ZIP file came with the notarized PDF and a document explaining how to verify that the notary is valid.

I used this site to make the POA online (7 day free trial so got to remember to cancel the account within 7 days before they charge monthly):
https://eforms.com/

This may be an alternative way to get documents notarized urgently for some of you. I did mine around 9am Thai time but there may be notaries up all hours.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 29, 2023, 10:58 am

Thanks for posting. Have a pleasant and safe day.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 29, 2023, 10:59 am

I havent read this but this was a subject on Udonmap once before

notary-public-in-udon-thani-t14782.html

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » June 29, 2023, 12:15 pm

Doodoo wrote:
June 29, 2023, 10:59 am
I havent read this but this was a subject on Udonmap once before

notary-public-in-udon-thani-t14782.html
Yup, good to link them in one place for the next query.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 29, 2023, 12:41 pm

Potamoi wrote:
June 29, 2023, 10:03 am
Mosquito wrote:

I needed a Power of Attorney yesterday. Emailed three places in Udon. No anwser. LINE'd one and got a reply last eve but no follow up yet today for my appointment time and cost.

My daughter suggested using an online notary.

https://www.notarize.com/?utm_medium=cp ... ual+notary

Uploaded the scanned document in PDF format. Needed to make an account with email address and password before beginning the ID process. Part of the info was a US address and my SSN.

Answered a few multiple-guess questions that only I would know (old addresses, previous vehicles I owned, former job titles all taken from credit report databases I assume) as part of the verification. After some initial tries using the phone QR code, I couldn't find an easy way to give the website access one time in my Android settings so I elected to use a laptop camera. After several attempts to get a clear focused and free of glare it finally worked when I brought in a backlight.

Next step was a live video with the next notary public in the stable. Made the bed behind me and put on a shirt :censored: then clicked begin. 15 seconds later (glad I put on a shirt) I was on a video call with a dude in Texas. He changed the state on the document to where he was registered then asked the appropriate questions like "is this your signature", "are the facts in the document true" etc. Done in 2 min. He told me the next steps: Pay $25 online, enter email addresses to receive the document. I gave him some feedback about the phone QR and inability to swap laptop cameras after starting the process. One min later I was done. Fairly painless really. The ZIP file came with the notarized PDF and a document explaining how to verify that the notary is valid.

I used this site to make the POA online (7 day free trial so got to remember to cancel the account within 7 days before they charge monthly):
https://eforms.com/

This may be an alternative way to get documents notarized urgently for some of you. I did mine around 9am Thai time but there may be notaries up all hours.
Sounds good, but I would be skeptical that the party that requested your notarized document will accept the digital transmission of a document without an original signature and notary stamp. I believe that fax copies are considered legal now, but don't know about digital docs attached to an email. From the Notorize website I see that my county in Tennessee will legally accept online notarization, but that doesn't preclude that it will be acceptable by the requesting party. Have you confirmed this already? This is a great resource for future reference if it all checks out.

Potamoi
udonmap.com

Post by Potamoi » June 29, 2023, 2:58 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
June 29, 2023, 12:41 pm
Sounds good, but I would be skeptical that the party that requested your notarized document will accept the digital transmission of a document without an original signature and notary stamp. I believe that fax copies are considered legal now, but don't know about digital docs attached to an email. From the Notarize website I see that my county in Tennessee will legally accept online notarization, but that doesn't preclude that it will be acceptable by the requesting party. Have you confirmed this already? This is a great resource for future reference if it all checks out.
Totally understand the skepticism. I guess we will find out soon enough. The auto insurance company needing it seemed okay over the phone from what my daughter relayed. The notary company did send along a way to verify the authenticity as part of the ZIP file. For me, it is worth the twenty five bucks to try it. I will certainly report back if it does not meet their requirements.

NOTE: I see that TN had a digital Notary Act in place since 2019 https://sos.tn.gov/businesses/guides/ho ... he%20page.
Benjamin Franklin

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 1, 2023, 2:07 pm

Made an appointment at the US Embassy in Laos for a notary, earliest available slot was 18 July at 0900.

Cost 50.00. Nice that (according to their website) they'll accept cash or credit card....unlike US Embassy Bangkok that only accepts bank drafts.

US Embassy Laos Notary Page.

https://la.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... es-public/

Potamoi
udonmap.com

Post by Potamoi » July 1, 2023, 4:39 pm

Mosquito wrote:
July 1, 2023, 2:07 pm
Made an appointment at the US Embassy in Laos for a notary, earliest available slot was 18 July at 0900.

Cost 50.00. Nice that (according to their website) they'll accept cash or credit card....unlike US Embassy Bangkok that only accepts bank drafts.

Another 50 for an eVisa, right? May be worth trying the online thing while you are waiting.

And further to the "will they accept an emailed digital copy?" question. Several years ago my ex-wife decided to get a US passport and needed a copy of our divorce decree. They accepted a PDF copy of the ruling with its notarized stamp etc without additional verification.

This may be helpful too: https://notary.pandadoc.com/blog/what-s ... y-in-2022?
Benjamin Franklin

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 2, 2023, 7:28 am

Potamoi wrote:
July 1, 2023, 4:39 pm
Mosquito wrote:
July 1, 2023, 2:07 pm

Another 50 for an eVisa, right? May be worth trying the online thing while you are waiting.

And further to the "will they accept an emailed digital copy?" question. Several years ago my ex-wife decided to get a US passport and needed a copy of our divorce decree. They accepted a PDF copy of the ruling with its notarized stamp etc without additional verification.

This may be helpful too: https://notary.pandadoc.com/blog/what-s ... y-in-2022?

Did a day trip to Laos last month, US Citizens 40.00 USD for Lao Visa on-arrival.

Basics on the Day Trip.
Border Parking - Under 60 baht for 5 hours.
At Parking Office had Lao visa paper work filled out - 100 Baht (1 Passport Photo Required).
* Forgot to get the return Thai form filled out at the same time.
* Parking Lot had a free tuk tuk to the border w/ pick you up on the return.
Cross Border Bus - 30 Baht Per Person X2
Van Border to Vientiane to Border (basically a driver for 3 hours) - 1000 baht.

Return to “Open Forum”