Carlson Gaawn!

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Carlson Gaawn!

Post by jackspratt » April 25, 2023, 8:41 am

Not sure what is going on at the cesspit known as Fox News.

Tucker Carlson, the whiny, racist dog-whistling misogynist has been unceremoniously shown the door, without (to date at least) any explanation.

I am sure that there are plenty of right wing "pundits" ready to jump in to fill the miniscule intellectual gap he will leave at the Murdoch bullshite factory. 🤮

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Carlson Gaawn!

Post by Whistler » April 25, 2023, 8:58 am

Your parting words are much too generous in spirit, he even wasn't that good. He will however be missed by several forum members who hung on his every lie.

I remember Glalt posting about the muckraker naming dead people voting, trouble was when fact checked Carlson was wrong

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-ca ... n-his-face
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » April 25, 2023, 9:21 am

Finally, Fox apologies.
Listen here:
https://www.michaelmoore.com/p/finally- ... es#details
:lol:
UFF DA!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2023, 11:04 am

Finally, a reason for that gormless look on his face

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2023, 5:08 pm

foxy.png

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 25, 2023, 8:20 pm

Just a further reflection on the welcome demise of this pimple on the arse of humanity.

Fox News has admitted it lied, deliberately, during its coverage of the 2020 election. If it lied in this instance, where else has it lied, and at what cost to democracy?

Yet the ignorant, the cultists and the deplorables will continue to sit down and watch and believe every lie Fox promulgates day after day.

And then they vote. :shock:

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 25, 2023, 8:45 pm

For some people the truth is irrelevant. Fear and hate is all they understand, and it's easier to blame others for their own problems or what they perceive as problems than to acknowledge that they are the problem or no problem actually exists.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 26, 2023, 12:02 am

I understand Don Lemon has suffered the same fate at CNN.

To quote Mr Jackspratt;

the whiny, racist dog-whistling misogynist has been unceremoniously shown the door, without (to date at least) any explanation.

\:D/

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 26, 2023, 12:24 am

Not sure, is this symbolic, significant, etc

His contract was paid out, I read one report that he was on $10M and another $20M, so he walked away well. Does this clown have a conscience, I doubt it, maybe a bit of a bruised ego, but he will pop up again as a syndicated commentator or onto Newsmax or similar and the same brain-dead fans will go with him.

Fox will replace him with somebody else that caters to their audience, and probably corral that successor a bit more, but the world of Fox continues to turn as long as they have a following that craves more of the crap that TC has delivered over the years.

Murdoch has not gone all touchy-feely, he just burnt a one-time favorite as it suits his purposes.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » April 26, 2023, 7:52 am

I don't watch Fox or CNN for that matter on purpose anyway. The odd hotel room may have them on for something to click through but I suppose I wonder why our members who obviously dislike everything about these channels choose to watch them?

Is it morbid curiosity or is it just to have something or someone or some swath of people with views unlike your own to hate? I would suggest limiting the exposure to such media in order to enjoy your lives a bit more but that's just my opinion.

If you wish a more balanced (IMHO) look at US politics and news surrounding it you may want to try this growing channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@breakingpoints/videos

https://open.spotify.com/show/4Kbsy61zJSzPxNZZ3PKbXl

Some more facts surrounding this item of mainstream media making its own news. Carlson bit starts at 4:55:

Enjoy the morning...
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 26, 2023, 9:04 am

We have fake news and celebrities that we obviously cannot trust. Mix that with two corrupt presidents and and many other corrupt career politicians. Money corrupts and even Thailand has follow the money laws. How many poor career politicians are there? It has become obvious that we need new blood in high offices.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 26, 2023, 9:19 am

glalt wrote:
April 26, 2023, 9:04 am
We have fake news and celebrities that we obviously cannot trust. Mix that with two corrupt presidents and and many other corrupt career politicians. Money corrupts and even Thailand has follow the money laws. How many poor career politicians are there? It has become obvious that we need new blood in high offices.
What does your need to always talk about corrupt politicians have to do with Tucker Carlson getting axed?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 26, 2023, 9:31 am

Given that Carlson had often become the "news" during his time at Fox, there was no need to "watch" him, or it, to gain a pretty good understanding of what he and they are about.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 26, 2023, 9:37 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 26, 2023, 9:19 am
glalt wrote:
What does your need to always talk about corrupt politicians have to do with Tucker Carlson getting axed?
If you can read, it should be obvious that corruption is endemic with politicians and news networks. Money corrupts.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 26, 2023, 10:07 am

glalt wrote:
April 26, 2023, 9:37 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
If you can read, it should be obvious that corruption is endemic with politicians and news networks. Money corrupts.
Oh, I can read, but I don’t see a correlation between corrupt politicians and as to why Tucker Carlson was fired. Please explain.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 26, 2023, 10:18 am

I've never heard of him, but there was a guy years ago that seemed okay...O'Brien...but he got axed for his many women. I think I've watched more RT, ABC (Australia) than Fox, or CNN in the past five years.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 26, 2023, 10:52 am

glalt wrote:
I would be interested in your naming the corrupt presidents and the crimes they committed, possibly a different list than I would compile.

But riddle me this. You were a Carlsen fan, but he has now been thoroughly exposed as a hypocritical and a liar of the highest order. Do you feel duped?(

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 26, 2023, 12:30 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 26, 2023, 10:07 am
glalt wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
Oh, I can read, but I don’t see a correlation between corrupt politicians and as to why Tucker Carlson was fired. Please explain.
If you cannot see any connection between Tucker and politicians, I cannot explain it to you.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 26, 2023, 12:39 pm

glalt wrote:
April 26, 2023, 12:30 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
If you cannot see any connection between Tucker and politicians, I cannot explain it to you.
With Tucker's deliberate lies and misinformation over the years, he was much more corrupt than the vast majority of politicians.

He corrupted the truth so he could hold on to his gullible fan base and has admitted he did just that.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 26, 2023, 1:59 pm

glalt wrote:
April 26, 2023, 12:30 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
You can’t explain it because no connection exists. Fox firing Carlson, which this thread is about, has nothing to do with corrupt journalism or corrupt politicians.

Return to “Open Forum”