a couple of questions

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
bigchang
udonmap.com

a couple of questions

Post by bigchang » September 5, 2007, 5:31 am

hi as my time to come to udon is getting closer i have a couple questions again,maybe someone can help me

first ive heard,that the carrental companies sometimes sell there old cars(7years)or so for around100k baht,any experience with that and anybody know about it in udon?
as i will need a car for two month which would cost me about 60k baht or is there any cheaper but good carhire in udon(i need a suv)

second i will have my 40th birthday in feb and want to do a couple suckling pigs or so on a spit and need to hire a spit,preferably with motor,any idea where?and how much the cost is?dont need the pigs as we have the party on my wifes farm about 100km away from udon

all the best and thanks for the help,matt

bigchang
udonmap.com

Post by bigchang » September 5, 2007, 4:00 pm

59 views and no ideas?

greetings matt

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » September 5, 2007, 4:06 pm

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 5, 2007, 11:17 pm

i will need a car for two month which would cost me about 60k baht or is there any cheaper but good carhire in udon(i need a suv)
Found a place which advertise's almost new Chevy Colorado 5-Seat SUV for 42000 baht for 60 days(700 per-day), inc ins ?? not sure !! you will have to contact them and ask,also i don't know the people or used them to say if they are good or not but by the looks of it they are cheaper than what you have been quoted if its all inc, will give you details in a pm if you like.
if not leks have a wide choice of vehicles if you have'nt checked already

bigchang
udonmap.com

Post by bigchang » September 5, 2007, 11:24 pm

yes please send me pm,sounds interesting,lek wants 1100 per day which is a bit steep

thanks matt :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 5, 2007, 11:38 pm

As for your spit for the little piggies try the traditional Issan way and would cost zero baht, someone must know how to do it in your wifes family, all you need is fresh bamboo and a couple of metal rods to put in the ground to hold it over the hot coals and you can have differant levels but someone will have to turn it over occasionally great fun with a few beers to drink watching the little porker go crispy on the outside, make sure you spread the coals evenly on the ground they don't have to be piled up high, get them up to temprature in the old charcoal burner pots(or what ever the family use) till they are white hot then you are in buisness, brush with oil regular.
See photo.

bigchang
udonmap.com

Post by bigchang » September 6, 2007, 8:21 am

thats how we did it last time just fancied a spit with motor as we want a bigger pig and it will take loooong to cook

matt :D

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » September 6, 2007, 8:38 am

From what I've noticed at pig roasts and on tv in the US, the pig will cook more evenly if it is enclosed so the heat will build up and cook it from all sides.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 6, 2007, 9:16 am

I did this in August for TW's birthday. 35Kg (with head that was being boild for the Thai consoires) Took 6 hours and I had an uncle turn it every 20 mins or so - PERFECT.

You can borrow the spit if you are prepared to pick up and return. 80 KM NE of Udon.

EDIT: By the way the pig cost me 1600 Baht dressed and ready to cook.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 6, 2007, 4:03 pm

Fine looking Swine you had there Bandung D.
My tiddler was 600 ready to cook,only down side with the small ones not much Juicy fat to be had.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Return to “Open Forum”