The swastika

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Alex Jones
udonmap.com

Post by Alex Jones » October 30, 2007, 10:37 pm

Alex Jones
udonmap.com

Post by Alex Jones » October 30, 2007, 10:38 pm

Franco
udonmap.com

Post by Franco » October 30, 2007, 10:41 pm

Roy said,
ban humans from the planet!
I second that, with the exception of all Thai females below the age of 40, and all those males living in Essex, Uk, whose names begin with an F and R.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 30, 2007, 11:10 pm

wokkawombat wrote:From memory the Tuborg or Carlsberg brewery in Copenhagen has two elephants adorned with the swastika at the enterance to the brewery. I was there 30 years ago so I may be wrong... :D

John
Your right....found this.
Carlsberg was founded by J. C. Jacobsen; the first brew was finished on November 10, 1847.
Exportation of Carlsberg Beer began in 1868; foreign brewing was begun in 1968 with the opening of a Carlsberg brewery in Blantyre, Malawi. Some of the company's original logos include an elephant (after which some of its lagers are named) and the swastika. Use of the latter was discontinued in the 1930s because of its association with political parties in neighboring Germany.
The Elephants at the entrance to the brewery in Copenhagen.

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » October 30, 2007, 11:53 pm

40 Franco?
Thats older than me!

Yeah yeah yeah before the smart asses get in, yes I've had a hard life. :drunk:
Free the Doug 1

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 31, 2007, 3:35 am

Swastika Town Refused to Change Name

Our previous post on Swastika is all about how the symbol meant other things before it was co-opted by the Nazis.

Neatorama reader Gitai found something else: a town In Ontario, Canada, named Swastika that refused to change its name during World War II, claiming that they had the name before the Nazis ruined it!

During World War II, the provincial government sought to change the town

Franco
udonmap.com

Post by Franco » October 31, 2007, 4:34 am

Sorry Roy,

I just assumed that LOS is where all the Ole boys over 50, like me, come to, cos they cant pull anything under 40 in their localle, did'nt realize that there are some spring chickens amongst us. :guiness:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 6, 2007, 9:05 am

we must be very scholastic :lol:

noticed in rule of forum (was wondering why the word was highlighted)
8. It IS illegal to show Nazi flags in Germany and various other countries. The same is true for other Nazi symbols (e.g. related to the SS) or Nazi propaganda material, including songs etc. Any links posted to a scenario or mod which includes a Swastika or other illegal Nazi symbols will be deleted. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed. You may also be subject to disciplinary action for having done so.
and german law
The German (and Austrian) postwar criminal code makes the public showing of the Hakenkreuz (the swastika) and other Nazi symbols illegal and punishable, except for scholarlyreasons. It is even censored from the lithographs on boxes of model kits, and the decals that come in the box. It is also censored from the reprints of 1930s railway timetable published by Bundesbahn. The eagle remains, but appears to be holding a solid black circle between its claws. The swastikas on Hindu and Jain temples are exempt, as religious symbols cannot be banned in Germany. It has been proposed that this law be applied to all of the European Union.[42]

mixed feelings about that, since a yank, and we get to say anything, usually in states. 8)

ok, last post on subject
=D> :roll: :roll:

Return to “Open Forum”