Microwave problem

the-monk
udonmap.com

Microwave problem

Post by the-monk » December 16, 2022, 12:18 pm

Microwave problem.
Our microwave makes a loud humming noise when we press the start button. The platter won't turn, repositioning the food plate on the platter will eventually solve the problem after several trials.
Anyone knows a solution?
Thanks and regards.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: Microwave problem

Post by Potamoi » December 16, 2022, 1:53 pm

Sounds like the motor or gearing for the rotation is bound. Possible years of spillage has affected the bearing? May be a simple fix if you are handy but stay away from the flux capacitor, 555. Don't plug in the mains while cover off for sure for shielding reasons as well as electrical shock. In fact, I would take to a small appliance repair shop or the manufacturer repair shop if you don't see obvious debris sticking out of the turntable connection hole under the plate.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 16, 2022, 2:48 pm

I've had popcorn mishaps along with a variety of overflows. If it were my machine, I'd unplug it and turn it upside down to see if anything falls out.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 16, 2022, 4:25 pm

I'd buy a new microwave. Life's too short and they're cheap and plentiful. We have two, sometimes three on the go as I throw them out if they've done too much stinky food or fish. Tried making a "farang only" one but as soon as they stuff up one of theirs, they nuke some pla-rah in mine. I used to wonder if they just didn't like me, now I know.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 16, 2022, 4:46 pm

The buzzing sound could be the turntable motor stressing, I would turn over see if I could access the motor and check that no foreign object (like popcorn) is jamming the drive.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » December 18, 2022, 10:31 am

Good day. Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.
After spending 1 hour with my friend Google last night, i had made a plan to try to resolve the grinding sound problem.
So this morning ....
Throughout cleaning - in and out - of the microwave.
Leveling of the microwave.
Inspecting and cleaning the rollers and roller guide and drive coupler.
Sprayting alcohol in the motor draft shaft hole.
Cleaning the drive shaft and access hole with Q-Tips - cotton swabs - and alcohol.
Test run without motor drive coupler without any food.
Perfuming the microwave , boiling a bowl of water and limes and running at max capacity for 3-5 minutes.
Test run with drive coupler in place and roller guides without any load.
Test run with drive coupler and turntable no laod.
Test run with load. NO NOISE.
Several more test runs NO NOISE NO PROBLEM.
Thanks ALL
Stay safe
Have a nice Sunday.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » December 18, 2022, 10:48 am

Good, safe method and outcome
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Return to “IMPORTANT NOTICE TO OUR READERS”