Technical Problems

User avatar
Brian Davis
udonmap.com
Posts: 2303
Joined: January 26, 2008, 8:14 pm
Location: Phen (Udon Thani Province)

Re: Technical Problems

Post by Brian Davis » July 17, 2019, 5:21 pm

Why is my main page and the User Control Panel indicating I have one new message, when I've opened everything in my inbox already? OR is there, indeed, a new message but it's not showing? I had fairly recent problems, which I believe 'cleared up' and was, maybe, part of the larger technical problems the site was having. Thanks.

Ah, am trying to send PM to Udon Map, but it is not being submitted.



User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 13200
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Technical Problems

Post by jackspratt » July 17, 2019, 5:40 pm

Is your inbox full?

If so, you may need to delete some older messages.

User avatar
Brian Davis
udonmap.com
Posts: 2303
Joined: January 26, 2008, 8:14 pm
Location: Phen (Udon Thani Province)

Re: Technical Problems

Post by Brian Davis » July 18, 2019, 5:15 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 17, 2019, 5:40 pm
Is your inbox full?

If so, you may need to delete some older messages.
Thanks Jack, but it's saying only 16% full.

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1753
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Technical Problems

Post by pipoz4444 » December 7, 2020, 8:05 pm

How does one delete a Post in one Double Posts in a thread

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 3694
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Living in Doug’s Flop House Head rent free. It’s nice, lots of empty space

Re: Technical Problems

Post by Niggly » December 7, 2020, 9:17 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 7, 2020, 8:05 pm
How does one delete a Post in one Double Posts in a thread

pipoz4444

There is a certain length of time where a delete button is available within the edit function. Don’t know how long you get here as it’s set in the admin panel.
When this has expired you could just edit the text to say duplicate post or such like. If you still want to get rid of it completely report the post & ask the mods to delete it in the free text field
Coordinator for Tesco Lotus Boxing Events, fun times, eh

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1753
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Technical Problems

Post by pipoz4444 » December 7, 2020, 9:27 pm

Niggly wrote:
December 7, 2020, 9:17 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
December 7, 2020, 8:05 pm
How does one delete a Post in one Double Posts in a thread

pipoz4444

There is a certain length of time where a delete button is available within the edit function. Don’t know how long you get here as it’s set in the admin panel.
When this has expired you could just edit the text to say duplicate post or such like. If you still want to get rid of it completely report the post & ask the mods to delete it in the free text field
Thanks Niggly, I didn't realize about the Time to the Delete button.

I thought the Delete button had just disappeared :D

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 3694
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Living in Doug’s Flop House Head rent free. It’s nice, lots of empty space

Re: Technical Problems

Post by Niggly » December 7, 2020, 9:35 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 7, 2020, 9:27 pm
Niggly wrote:
December 7, 2020, 9:17 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
December 7, 2020, 8:05 pm
How does one delete a Post in one Double Posts in a thread

pipoz4444

There is a certain length of time where a delete button is available within the edit function. Don’t know how long you get here as it’s set in the admin panel.
When this has expired you could just edit the text to say duplicate post or such like. If you still want to get rid of it completely report the post & ask the mods to delete it in the free text field
Thanks Niggly, I didn't realize about the Time to the Delete button.

I thought the Delete button had just disappeared :D

pipoz4444
Just noticed a cross appears in the toolbar next to the edit button. Don’t know whether this is there for a different length of time

Image

Image
Coordinator for Tesco Lotus Boxing Events, fun times, eh

Post Reply

Return to “IMPORTANT NOTICE TO OUR READERS”