UFUN

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6266
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

UFUN

Post by GT93 » April 12, 2015, 3:08 am

Well, I hope some posters have managed to untwist their own knickers. It's not as if Richard Nixon is running udonmap.



User avatar
wazza
udonmap.com
Posts: 8995
Joined: April 2, 2006, 9:06 pm
Location: Cuba- Drove around in an Ol 55 Chev - On the Prowl
Contact:

UFUN

Post by wazza » April 12, 2015, 8:31 am

old timer wrote:OT says put the advertising subscriptions UNFUN have paid UM behind any one of the advertisers bars here on UM (could draw straws) so members can be compensated with free drinks for UNFUN trying to rip them off. :guiness: Burp!

OT............ \:D/
but perhaps paid in UFUN coins ??

Archa bottle tops worth more

timmy
udonmap.com
Posts: 628
Joined: June 27, 2014, 11:03 am

UFUN

Post by timmy » April 12, 2015, 8:42 am

wazza wrote:
old timer wrote:OT says put the advertising subscriptions UNFUN have paid UM behind any one of the advertisers bars here on UM (could draw straws) so members can be compensated with free drinks for UNFUN trying to rip them off. :guiness: Burp!

OT............ \:D/
but perhaps paid in UFUN coins ??

Archa bottle tops worth more
leave ARCHA out of this , at least with archa you get in the bottle what it says
on the label .... [-X

User avatar
wazza
udonmap.com
Posts: 8995
Joined: April 2, 2006, 9:06 pm
Location: Cuba- Drove around in an Ol 55 Chev - On the Prowl
Contact:

UFUN

Post by wazza » April 12, 2015, 8:52 am

I would be careful if a kiwi tried to pay with these or others ...

It might sound like - I bit these coins will pay for my fush n chups

User avatar
merchant seaman
udonmap.com
Posts: 2221
Joined: November 13, 2005, 2:58 pm
Location: looking out my backdoor

UFUN

Post by merchant seaman » April 12, 2015, 8:57 am

It seems when a new sponsor joins Udon Map the first post written by Udon Map says " Udon Map would like to welcome XYZ company," or words to that effect followed by a link to the new sponsor. In the case of UFUN the OP appeared to be written by Udon Map endorsing UFUN.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

User avatar
trubrit
udonmap.com
Posts: 6158
Joined: March 16, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Having a good time .

UFUN

Post by trubrit » April 12, 2015, 12:33 pm

merchant seaman wrote:It seems when a new sponsor joins Udon Map the first post written by Udon Map says " Udon Map would like to welcome XYZ company," or words to that effect followed by a link to the new sponsor. In the case of UFUN the OP appeared to be written by Udon Map endorsing UFUN.
Precisely, no mention of it being a sponsor but definitely appearing to be the writing and therefore recommendation of UM. This was very deceptive , whether intentional or not only time will tell .Of course we don't expect you to vet every new sponsor but please stick to the , I thought , established procedure of indicating it is someone trying to sell us something so we can use our own common sense to judge the product. I think in this instance you have done your own, and our forums credibililty tremendous harm by not doing so .However you obviously don't realise that and instead of apologising you appear to be trying to justify your mistake, if indeed mistake it was.?
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

mac1966
udonmap.com
Posts: 271
Joined: May 28, 2012, 5:59 pm

Re: UFUN

Post by mac1966 » April 12, 2015, 12:54 pm

Have to agree With ms and trubrit, this was either a big mistake or a con by udonmap.

Instead of trying to justify your error please apologise.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6266
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

UFUN

Post by GT93 » April 12, 2015, 1:05 pm

A con by udonmap? A big mistake? Not on my planet. If you want to think a shyster runs udonmap, then I guess you will.

Wazza's still upset that the Aussies didn't take the Kiwis 2 nil at the cricket. :D

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1947
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

UFUN

Post by Udon Map » April 12, 2015, 8:56 pm

OK, I'd like to respond to some of the posts here.

Let's take the easy one first. I have not invested anything in UFUN, nor would I. It's not the type of investment I prefer, -- even if it were legit, I have no interest in currency arbitrage, which is essentially what UFUN would have been if it were legit.

As you know and have pointed out, we normally indicate sponsor threads by including the word "Sponsor" in the thread title. It was entirely my oversight that that did not occur with UFUN. There are lots of reasons (broken foot, trip to Bangkok, couple of hospital visits, trip to U.S., U.S. business required a huge amount of attention over the past few weeks), but no excuse. I should have done it and did not. I apologize for that and will be more attentive to it in the future.

No, trubrit, I wasn't trying to justify anything. I was trying to explain to the readers what happened. More information often leads to increased understanding of a situation. As I said, I have invested nothing in UFUN.

I think that it's an interesting and good idea that I indicate when I make a post on behalf of a sponsor. (Yes, there are people who are computer illiterate and ask UM to do that for them.) How would you all prefer that I do that? Some sponsors don't like the "Udon Map Welcomes XXX as a Sponsor" intro. One approach would be to put at the end of such a post something like, "Posted by Udon Map on behalf of and at the request of the Sponsor" in a different color. I'm certainly open to other suggestions, too.

User avatar
trubrit
udonmap.com
Posts: 6158
Joined: March 16, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Having a good time .

UFUN

Post by trubrit » April 12, 2015, 9:35 pm

Thank you UM for clearing that up, as far as the future to prevent further misunderstanding just simply putting sponsor in the topic title would suffice for us to know it was an advert not a personal recommendation, who composed it doesn't really matter in my book .Perhaps this whole sad saga can now be put to bed .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

User avatar
mathusalah80
udonmap.com
Posts: 1484
Joined: November 4, 2011, 1:51 pm
Location: Ex Perth, now Udonthani

UFUN

Post by mathusalah80 » April 13, 2015, 1:19 pm

Udon Map wrote:OK, I'd like to respond to some of the posts here.

I think that it's an interesting and good idea that I indicate when I make a post on behalf of a sponsor. (Yes, there are people who are computer illiterate and ask UM to do that for them.) How would you all prefer that I do that? Some sponsors don't like the "Udon Map Welcomes XXX as a Sponsor" intro. One approach would be to put at the end of such a post something like, "Posted by Udon Map on behalf of and at the request of the Sponsor" in a different color. I'm certainly open to other suggestions, too.
Paul,
There is an old but well proven adage: K.I.S.S.
So, (a) It should be mandatory that all posts entered by, or on his/her behalf by an agent, should be posted under the proper name of the Sponsor, (i.e. the owner of the business, whether an individual or a company,) of the thread.
(b) The opening/introductory post, in addition to having the obligatory "Sponsor" word in the topic title should have the word "ADVERTISEMENT' as a heading within the body of this initial 'Presentation" post.

Also relevant to the REAL subject here,( which is transparency/openness/integrity), is the subject matter of the "Articles"?? appearing the Udonmap Magazine, written by your regular writers. You will be aware that, in many parts of Europe, Australia & NZ, it is against the law to present articles, which are really in fact ADVERTISEMENTS as being merely articles presented solely in the interests and benefit of its readers. The law requires that any articles appearing, in respect of which the individual writer or the publication owners receive a commercial or 'quid pro quo' benefit, MUST bear in clear lettering at the top of each page the word ADVERTISEMENT. This also includes, of course, the requirement that the writer/publisher, declare any interest or benefit he/it may have in the subject matter of the article. It would be most comforting, given this unfortunate UNFUN 'misunderstanding', to receive your personal assurance that you will carefully monitor to ensure any articles in your magazine will be clearly marked, as mentioned above, in the event of their being of a commercial nature. Thanks.

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 2253
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

UFUN

Post by noosard » April 13, 2015, 1:39 pm

All these knickers knotted over next to nothing
Saw UFun in the news
saw it was crook to start with
How many of you have invested in UFun
My bet is none

User avatar
old timer
udonmap.com
Posts: 334
Joined: March 31, 2015, 4:10 pm

UFUN

Post by old timer » April 13, 2015, 1:41 pm

mathusalah80 wrote: (b) The opening/introductory post, in addition to having the obligatory "Sponsor" word in the topic title should have the word "ADVERTISEMENT' as a heading within the body of this initial 'Presentation" post.
Yes that would work.

OT.............. \:D/

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 614
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

UFUN

Post by joepai » April 13, 2015, 2:24 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:
Udon Map wrote:OK, I'd like to respond to some of the posts here.

I think that it's an interesting and good idea that I indicate when I make a post on behalf of a sponsor. (Yes, there are people who are computer illiterate and ask UM to do that for them.) How would you all prefer that I do that? Some sponsors don't like the "Udon Map Welcomes XXX as a Sponsor" intro. One approach would be to put at the end of such a post something like, "Posted by Udon Map on behalf of and at the request of the Sponsor" in a different color. I'm certainly open to other suggestions, too.
Paul,
There is an old but well proven adage: K.I.S.S.
So, (a) It should be mandatory that all posts entered by, or on his/her behalf by an agent, should be posted under the proper name of the Sponsor, (i.e. the owner of the business, whether an individual or a company,) of the thread.
(b) The opening/introductory post, in addition to having the obligatory "Sponsor" word in the topic title should have the word "ADVERTISEMENT' as a heading within the body of this initial 'Presentation" post.

Also relevant to the REAL subject here,( which is transparency/openness/integrity), is the subject matter of the "Articles"?? appearing the Udonmap Magazine, written by your regular writers. You will be aware that, in many parts of Europe, Australia & NZ, it is against the law to present articles, which are really in fact ADVERTISEMENTS as being merely articles presented solely in the interests and benefit of its readers. The law requires that any articles appearing, in respect of which the individual writer or the publication owners receive a commercial or 'quid pro quo' benefit, MUST bear in clear lettering at the top of each page the word ADVERTISEMENT. This also includes, of course, the requirement that the writer/publisher, declare any interest or benefit he/it may have in the subject matter of the article. It would be most comforting, given this unfortunate UNFUN 'misunderstanding', to receive your personal assurance that you will carefully monitor to ensure any articles in your magazine will be clearly marked, as mentioned above, in the event of their being of a commercial nature. Thanks.
For articles in that sense the word : advertorial should be used
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11807
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

UFUN

Post by jackspratt » April 13, 2015, 2:37 pm

noosard wrote:All these knickers knotted over next to nothing
Saw UFun in the news
saw it was crook to start with
How many of you have invested in UFun
My bet is none
Agree. =D>

User avatar
old timer
udonmap.com
Posts: 334
Joined: March 31, 2015, 4:10 pm

UFUN

Post by old timer » April 13, 2015, 3:13 pm

noosard wrote: How many of you have invested in UFun
My bet is none
With that bet in mind OT is quite sure that noosard is the only person that will make money out of UFUN.

OT.............. \:D/

User avatar
mathusalah80
udonmap.com
Posts: 1484
Joined: November 4, 2011, 1:51 pm
Location: Ex Perth, now Udonthani

UFUN

Post by mathusalah80 » April 13, 2015, 4:45 pm

Joepai wrote: "For articles in that sense the word: advertorial should be used"

Another would be English Language expert! I thought the topic was UNFUN?
I recommend that, before publicly embarrassing yourself further, you learn the basics of context, grammar and punctuation. Then do your own, more considered, research, to discover why your ill considered opinion is both incorrect and rude.

User avatar
pomps
udonmap.com
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 18, 2014, 6:38 pm

UFUN

Post by pomps » April 13, 2015, 4:55 pm

jackspratt wrote:
noosard wrote:All these knickers knotted over next to nothing
Saw UFun in the news
saw it was crook to start with
How many of you have invested in UFun
My bet is none
Agree. =D>
Thawt there was at least one forum member placed an investment,thaivisa have a thread :-#

User avatar
wazza
udonmap.com
Posts: 8995
Joined: April 2, 2006, 9:06 pm
Location: Cuba- Drove around in an Ol 55 Chev - On the Prowl
Contact:

UFUN

Post by wazza » April 13, 2015, 7:12 pm

I would have thought that the original sponsor may have put a few bob into it ?

User avatar
pomps
udonmap.com
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 18, 2014, 6:38 pm

UFUN

Post by pomps » April 13, 2015, 7:54 pm

The reputable farang,an existing sponsor who paid for their ad :-k

Post Reply

Return to “Money, Banking & Investments”