University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post Reply
User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1290
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by pipoz4444 » October 24, 2020, 2:32 pm

Hi

Does anyone have any recent or current experience, in what is the current/likely cost of University Fees, at Udon Thani Rajabhat University and or Khon Kaen University, for either a Graduate course (Bachelor) or Masters course.

Likely Yearly Tuition Fees, ideally in the fields of Medicine or Law.

pipoz4444




User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1290
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by pipoz4444 » October 24, 2020, 3:22 pm

Thanks Doodoo, and yes I saw the first link before, but it didn't make sense to me. Tuition Fees of B 3000 ??

Like may Thai web pages, they always fail to clearly state whether the Fees are, per Week, Per month or Per Year and often just state an amount. :confused: :confused:

In the first Link Khon Kean University, when it say Law, 4 Years and Tuition Fee of 2000 B, it must mean per Day?? :-k :-k I am, guessing or is it per week?

pipoz4444

eagle
udonmap.com
Posts: 284
Joined: April 15, 2006, 4:10 pm
Location: Nong Na Kham, Udon Thani

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by eagle » October 24, 2020, 6:32 pm

I have been following costs for my daughter. Not yet going, but good to know beforehand.

1st year minimum would be 200 000 thb, including courses, room and admin. I believe above mentioned fees are per course and those will be 60-100 courses per year. 2nd and 3rd year would be about 150 000 thb and last year only 100 000 thb. Totally 600 000 thb, but excluding English program, which would cost 100 000 thb more. Better room also etc. Some strange reasons room is mandatory even home located nearby. So for my daughter room will cost about same never mind if Uni in Udon or Khon Kaen.

it would be very difficult to get less than 500 000 thb costs, that 600 000 thb up to 800 000 thb would be avg. cost and then more wanted Universities will be clearly over one million.

To compare: International school in BKK can cost over 200 000 thb per year and that is price before University. So 200 000 thb is not so much...

https://www.ic.kku.ac.th/?page_id=669

That link is not the best. I could find better, but only in Thai. They have even rooms types, locations, food etc. described with prices. Shared fan is cheaper than private A/C. In Udon reasonable room is 6 000 thb/month. It will be 72 000 thb per year. Yes, have to pay holidays also. Mandatory 2 first years, then can live outside.

So I am prepared to pay at least 600 000 thb for 4 years and have a reserve to pay 300 000 -500 000 thb more. Same program, but different University can mean over 200 000 thb difference.

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1290
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by pipoz4444 » October 25, 2020, 4:06 am

Thank you eagle

pipoz4444

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 5028
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by Khun Paul » October 25, 2020, 6:47 am

Although I applaud all of you who pay up to educate your child , here it seems that those that do graduate and get a degree, as it is considered almost next to useless in the wider world of employment outside Thailand, one wonders if the right question would better be, what do you want out of your time in University a worthwhile degree or a chance of meeting a good partner .
You could say I am being cynical but in all honesty when you speak to most University Students that have Majored in English then you really wonder what they learn as again most cannot hold a sensible conversation in English even after three years of learning .

I cannot comment on other professions or courses, but it does raise the question .

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 6132
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 25, 2020, 8:06 am

You are being cynical KP .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Mosquito
udonmap.com
Posts: 863
Joined: November 23, 2009, 4:19 am

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by Mosquito » October 25, 2020, 8:42 am

Couple of years away for my daughter and niece, sucks that both will enter college at the same time.

Question: So, is it a one-time payment at the start of the school year (400k) or can you pay by semester or month??

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1290
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by pipoz4444 » October 25, 2020, 10:32 am

Mosquito wrote:
October 25, 2020, 8:42 am
Couple of years away for my daughter and niece, sucks that both will enter college at the same time.

Question: So, is it a one-time payment at the start of the school year (400k) or can you pay by semester or month??

Hi and are you saying that both your daughter and niece will be starting at either Udon Thani Rajabhat University and or Khon Kaen University in a years time and that it is 400K K for the two or for each, per Year

pipoz4444

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1290
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by pipoz4444 » October 25, 2020, 11:14 am

KP,

It is never a waste of time to educate your children, and I am not being rude.

I am not sending my daughter to University to be a Rocket Scientist. I am sending her to University so as to give her a chance in life, in what will be a very competitive working/lifestyle environment over the next 40 years, for her generation. Ideally she will come out of University having learnt somewhat more, along with how better to prepare herself to live and work in the future.

As to what she technically learns at University, it will only be part of that process, as a vast majority of what is taught at the University does not equate into practice in the real workplace. University may train their minds in more specific ways than that of School, but her real learning will come later, when she has to apply it and interact with others.

With regards to major in English, it’s purely her choice, if she every intends to work oversees. Personally, I will be encouraging her to become fluent in Chinese as a second language, as I believe the future of Thailand lies more with China, than with the that of English speaking countries.

With regards to the second suggestion, I am not sending her University to meet a Partner. Financially she doesn’t need one in her life, that I have already taken care of.

My father gave me two things in life, which I thank him for, one was an Education. In his last years, he simply said to me, “Use what you have been given and achieve what you can”. :-k

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on October 25, 2020, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
deankham
udonmap.com
Posts: 622
Joined: March 17, 2008, 5:24 am
Location: Alseep under the tree

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by deankham » October 25, 2020, 2:10 pm

My step daughter has just graduated from Bangkok University where she studied for a Bachelors degree in Hotel Management.

There are 2 semesters per year and each semester is between 40 - 50K baht. So total tuition fees are over the full 4 years are approx 360k baht.

Of course your living costs are all on top of that. She stayed in University owned accommodation and had her own en-suite room for around 5K baht per month (can't remember the exact figure).

Originally she wanted to go to a Uni in KK or Udon but my wife pushed her to go to Bangkok to try and broaden her horizons.

One thing she quickly realised in Bangkok is that her English was very low compared to most of the other students. I'd like to say it quickly improved but I'm not so sure as I've still never managed to hold an actual conversation with her!

For the cost I had no hesitation in paying this money for 4 years.

Good luck

https://www.bu.ac.th/en/curriculum/bach ... -fees/2564

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1290
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by pipoz4444 » October 25, 2020, 3:15 pm

deankham wrote:
October 25, 2020, 2:10 pm
My step daughter has just graduated from Bangkok University where she studied for a Bachelors degree in Hotel Management.

There are 2 semesters per year and each semester is between 40 - 50K baht. So total tuition fees are over the full 4 years are approx 360k baht.

Of course your living costs are all on top of that. She stayed in University owned accommodation and had her own en-suite room for around 5K baht per month (can't remember the exact figure).

Originally she wanted to go to a Uni in KK or Udon but my wife pushed her to go to Bangkok to try and broaden her horizons.

One thing she quickly realised in Bangkok is that her English was very low compared to most of the other students. I'd like to say it quickly improved but I'm not so sure as I've still never managed to hold an actual conversation with her!

For the cost I had no hesitation in paying this money for 4 years.

Good luck

https://www.bu.ac.th/en/curriculum/bach ... -fees/2564
Thanks Dean

Are you still over in Q.

pipoz4444

User avatar
deankham
udonmap.com
Posts: 622
Joined: March 17, 2008, 5:24 am
Location: Alseep under the tree

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by deankham » October 25, 2020, 3:40 pm

^ yep still in Q doing battles with Ashghal on a daily basis! Been Jan since i was last outside 8-[

Mosquito
udonmap.com
Posts: 863
Joined: November 23, 2009, 4:19 am

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by Mosquito » October 25, 2020, 5:44 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
October 25, 2020, 10:32 am
Mosquito wrote:
October 25, 2020, 8:42 am
Couple of years away for my daughter and niece, sucks that both will enter college at the same time.

Question: So, is it a one-time payment at the start of the school year (400k) or can you pay by semester or month??

Hi and are you saying that both your daughter and niece will be starting at either Udon Thani Rajabhat University and or Khon Kaen University in a years time and that it is 400K K for the two or for each, per Year

pipoz4444
No, still 5 years away. Yes, to the 400k per year (200k x 2).......if the numbers provided above are correct and the same 5 years from now. More likely it'll be over 500k per year.

User avatar
deankham
udonmap.com
Posts: 622
Joined: March 17, 2008, 5:24 am
Location: Alseep under the tree

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by deankham » October 25, 2020, 6:15 pm

Mosquito wrote:
October 25, 2020, 8:42 am
Couple of years away for my daughter and niece, sucks that both will enter college at the same time.

Question: So, is it a one-time payment at the start of the school year (400k) or can you pay by semester or month??
For my step daughter at Bangkok uni, fees were payable on a semester by semester basis at the start of the semester. Same for the room, had to pay at the start of the semester for the full semester

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1290
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by pipoz4444 » October 25, 2020, 6:46 pm

Mosquito wrote:
October 25, 2020, 5:44 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
October 25, 2020, 10:32 am
Mosquito wrote:
October 25, 2020, 8:42 am
Couple of years away for my daughter and niece, sucks that both will enter college at the same time.

Question: So, is it a one-time payment at the start of the school year (400k) or can you pay by semester or month??
Hi and are you saying that both your daughter and niece will be starting at either Udon Thani Rajabhat University and or Khon Kaen University in a years time and that it is 400K K for the two or for each, per Year

pipoz4444
No, still 5 years away. Yes, to the 400k per year (200k x 2).......if the numbers provided above are correct and the same 5 years from now. More likely it'll be over 500k per year.
Thank you Mosquito, good to know. She is still several years away

pipoz4444

eagle
udonmap.com
Posts: 284
Joined: April 15, 2006, 4:10 pm
Location: Nong Na Kham, Udon Thani

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by eagle » October 26, 2020, 7:20 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
October 25, 2020, 6:46 pm
Mosquito wrote:
October 25, 2020, 5:44 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
October 25, 2020, 10:32 am
Mosquito wrote:
October 25, 2020, 8:42 am
Couple of years away for my daughter and niece, sucks that both will enter college at the same time.

Question: So, is it a one-time payment at the start of the school year (400k) or can you pay by semester or month??
Hi and are you saying that both your daughter and niece will be starting at either Udon Thani Rajabhat University and or Khon Kaen University in a years time and that it is 400K K for the two or for each, per Year

pipoz4444
No, still 5 years away. Yes, to the 400k per year (200k x 2).......if the numbers provided above are correct and the same 5 years from now. More likely it'll be over 500k per year.
Thank you Mosquito, good to know. She is still several years away

pipoz4444
The big difference between prices is related to University, not years. Of course some increase, but if same Uni, price would not go up very much. Room to stay will be same and so the price. Tuition fee does not go up so fast and same everything else.

I was worried about the same thing, but learned that 1st year would be most expensive, because of some extra admin costs and maybe some tests also. Then, depending the location, no need for room and that lowers cost quite much.

I would guess that after 5 years cost could increase from 200 000 thb to 220 000 - 230 000 thb, but for the 1st year. Then next one would be lower.

As I have been told, it is not one time cost for one year/semester. But as I am getting money monthly, I have to prepare to have that money when term begins -or every year as yearly base, but saved before next school year.

I prepare to have at least 600 000 thb for University costs, but same time must have some extra to pay up to 1 000 000 thb. I have some relatives, who had their kids graduated and cost (Khon Kaen, Udon, Sakon Nakhon) was around 450 000 - 600 000 thb.

Cost for the room... 6 000 thb. Not mandatory after certain time. Find company there, rent a room somewhere else. Could be less than 12 000 thb. I know one couple here in Thailand. I do know one couple even in my home country to made same. Two years, maybe 5 000 thb per month makes 120 000 thb saving.

Just want to tell that this is not so easy and simple matter.

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1290
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: University Tuition Fees at Udon Thani or Khon Kaen

Post by pipoz4444 » October 26, 2020, 10:08 pm

Thanks eagle for the information and I actually have 2 brats, to put through the University, one in say 2 years time and another two years after the first. So from what you guys are saying, I think I will bank on around minimum TB 1.0 Mill each, in two years time, plus of course extra for the usual laptops, phones, clothes, allowances, nightlife, motorbikes and whatever. :confused:

May have to work a wee bit longer, beyond my planned retirement date.

pipoz4444

Post Reply

Return to “Education/Schools”