Home Schooling?

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Home Schooling?

Post by chopperjoey » July 27, 2021, 6:02 pm

I am getting interested in the idea of home schooling; instead of sending your kid to school , instead let him learn at home.
various reasons, with the on and off school closings, i now see that learning at home can be better than learning at school, and, especially with the delta variant which is more contageous, also safety is an issue....
anybody home schools their kids insyead of bringing them to school? good or bad results? burocratic paperwork?

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Re: Home Schooling?

Post by Teacher Dan » December 10, 2021, 11:40 pm

Originally my kids were not interested in that as they had studied in actual schools and wanted the social interaction but after 8 years at Don Bosco, 4 years in Laos at a Cambridge school, and 2 years in Malaysia at an IB school, they were fed up with the schooling and hated the IB most of all for its obvious indoctrination into the gender nonsense combined with the lack of actual teaching. I taught English and one day had to substitute for my son in Y9's Chemistry class--his classmates said 'wouldn't you know it, the English teacher can actually teach chemistry' as I taught them and explained what they didn't understand on the unit they were on--I hadn't sat in a chemistry class in years let alone was I a chemistry teacher. After that my sons both decided online was a better option so we did online with Alpha Omega Academy. Now they were not as happy with that as they are now doing their university classes online because that class was more blackboard type system like when I went to uni years ago, but their current classes are actual video seminars and such.
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Bubbler
udonmap.com

Re: Home Schooling?

Post by Bubbler » September 21, 2023, 2:49 am

I like and understand your point. However, I feel like you are missing one crucial point. If your kid is homeschooled, he will automatically become more introverted, and it will be harder for him to communicate with others or make friends.

Return to “Education/Schools”