Matayom 4 and onwards

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Re: Matayom 4 and onwards

Post by pepesgrill » June 16, 2022, 12:56 pm

im not so sure about last bit? i think there is scouting here? certainly more after hrs tutorial
places than you can count. jr footy league maybe?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 16, 2022, 1:12 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
June 16, 2022, 12:56 pm
im not so sure about last bit? i think there is scouting here? certainly more after hrs tutorial
I said OUTSIDE School , I was one and I can assure that Thai Scouting bears zERO resemblance to REAL Scouting teachers with the Wood badge and other so-called abilities when they do not even know 50% OF THE Knots.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 16, 2022, 1:20 pm

For those who are motivated/studious and have the financial wherewithal, we've known some from Udon who went on to become doctors, nurses, a pharmacist, a high level Kapinski Hotel manager, a DEA (US) agent, a Forest/Wildlife agent (US), two working at the US embassy, one running a very successful translation/English school, a health care worker in the UK, and a math wiz who went to Udonpit/Chula/Oxford and now teaching at Chula (part of the payback program). They all started out in places like St Mary's/Don Bosco/Udonpit. There are opportunities out there for those who want to succeed and have the capacity.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 16, 2022, 2:15 pm

Maybe the successful ones Parrot refers to were lucky enough to have had teachers who could punctuate, capitalise, spell and generally structure a piece of prose so it's relatively cogent.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2022, 3:29 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
June 16, 2022, 12:56 pm
My oldest had to get his Scout kit together for today, the first BS day of the new term.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2022, 3:31 pm

samster wrote:
June 16, 2022, 2:15 pm
Maybe the successful ones Parrot refers to were lucky enough to have had teachers who could punctuate, capitalise, spell and generally structure a piece of prose so it's relatively cogent.
And maybe the rest wrestled with KP?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 11, 2022, 1:46 pm

Thread bump...the clock is ticking.

I chatted with a parent who has a similar age boy who is in Udon Pitt. He enrolled him a few years back and paid the extra for the English language curriculum. He did well but after maybe a couple of years, the brightest (including him) tend to 'top out' as there's nothing new for them to be taught. Maybe this is a limitation of staff shortages, foreign language ability or just no proper curriculum? Faced with paying extra for fundamentally nothing, he took him out of that program where class sizes were 20-25 and dropped back into 'regular' with it's 40-ish sized classes. His lad hates it as he finds nothing in common with his new classmates where nobody tries to speak anything but Thai.

Anyway, my oldest has stated a wish to go the vocational route whereas Mrs tam isn't totally onboard with that. We will see what his Onet says. He pointed out Udon Thani Technical College (วิทยาลัยเทคนิคอุดรธานี) on Watthananuwong to me the other day as we were headed to Nong Praajak, He says he's heard good things about it and he's looking for more information himself. As usual, their web presence seem a bit light but I found their website anyway.

http://www.udontech.ac.th/web59/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 11, 2022, 3:04 pm

20 years ago when I worked in Thailand for Siemens and Tyco we were awarded the contract to do the E&I on Thai copper refinery.

My head supervisor asked me to start a Electrical leading hand who was only 24 years old.
He told me he had been to Technical College in Udon Thani which he said was recognized as one of the best in Thailand for Electrical training.

He was an excellent electrician and soon was made up to Foremen.
He asked me to teach him about Installation of Instrumentation as he was keen to learn about it.
he was very good and I heard that a few years later he made site manager for Tyco.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2022, 9:35 am

pal52 wrote:
December 11, 2022, 3:04 pm
20 years ago when I worked in Thailand for Siemens and Tyco we were awarded the contract to do the E&I on Thai copper refinery.

My head supervisor asked me to start a Electrical leading hand who was only 24 years old.
He told me he had been to Technical College in Udon Thani which he said was recognized as one of the best in Thailand for Electrical training.

He was an excellent electrician and soon was made up to Foremen.
He asked me to teach him about Installation of Instrumentation as he was keen to learn about it.
he was very good and I heard that a few years later he made site manager for Tyco.
Thanks for that. Twenty years is a long time ago but it does show that there are opportunities for clever lads and lasses. Hopefully as his parents, we are doing decent job helping our lad find his way. He has shown a more hands-on aptitude over the past 18 months or so, helping with fixing stuff around the house, building his own skateboards and the like. Now, if only he could remember to put dad's tools back...
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Education/Schools”