Getting married.!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Getting married.!

Post by trubrit » February 2, 2018, 9:25 am

Thinking of tying the knot, well what more romantic day to do it than Valentines day. The amphur at Non Wau So, located at Nong Wai is making special arrangements for those wanting to get married on that day.They are invited to attend on that day with both wearing traditional Thai dress, where a fully decorated special set has been constructed and photographs taken . They will be given a special wedding certificate to commerate the occasion which is a full and legally binding document. It is hoped about 50 couples will participate and Thai/Farang ones are especially welcome .
20180202085830.jpg

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: Getting married.!

Post by trubrit » February 5, 2018, 2:27 pm

Just like to add, as this is a fully recognised legal wedding the usual documents including Embassy freedom to marry certification translated and certified to Thai, your passport and a copy translated to Thai, proof of address for the groom are required and for the bride,if previously married, the divorce/death certificate , her housepaper and ID card.
NB the divorce or death from a previous spouse must have been more than 310 days since the event .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 13, 2018, 11:28 pm

trubrit wrote:
February 5, 2018, 2:27 pm
Just like to add, as this is a fully recognised legal wedding the usual documents including Embassy freedom to marry certification translated and certified to Thai, your passport and a copy translated to Thai, proof of address for the groom are required and for the bride,if previously married, the divorce/death certificate , her housepaper and ID card.
NB the divorce or death from a previous spouse must have been more than 310 days since the event .
So not quite like your spontaneous Las Vegas wedding chapel with the Elvis impersonator presiding.

You know what they say though, "What happens In Nong Bua Lamphu, stays in Nong Bua Lamphu."

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » February 14, 2018, 12:25 am

Will they have bacon available?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 14, 2018, 4:50 am

jimjay wrote:
February 14, 2018, 12:25 am
Will they have bacon available?
Maybe it's a sign of my age but I really haven't got a clue what your on about . :-s

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » February 14, 2018, 5:04 am

So, are you tying the knot today?

:D

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 14, 2018, 5:14 pm

Faraday wrote:
February 14, 2018, 5:04 am
So, are you tying the knot today?

:D
No, did that 15 years ago but 28 couples did on this romantic day. Picture shows them waiting to start the traditional walk/dance before entering the temple .
IMG_8955.jpg

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 14, 2018, 5:22 pm

Wow look at all those smiling faces. \:D/

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 14, 2018, 6:48 pm

Were the Sin Sods all collated & shared out equally at the end ? :D
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 14, 2018, 7:11 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
February 14, 2018, 6:48 pm
Were the Sin Sods all collated & shared out equally at the end ? :D
A more pertinent question for you is, will you be able to meet the sin sod requirements of Kylie?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 14, 2018, 7:40 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 14, 2018, 7:11 pm

A more pertinent question for you is, will you be able to meet the sin sod requirements of Kylie?
555, me & my little antipodean darling have an understanding. Its just about s e x, in my mind, without her being there :shock:
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 14, 2018, 11:55 am

trubrit wrote:
February 5, 2018, 2:27 pm
Just a quick question

If you go to the Embassy with your "Statutory Declaration Form" document completed/witnessed & signed, along with the accompanying documentation to prove that any previous marriage was dissolved (in Australia it is called a "Decree Nisi for Dissolution of Marriage") - Can you get your Affirmation of Freedom to Marry in Thailand from the Embassy, that same day whilst in Bangkok.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » October 14, 2018, 4:11 pm

I got married in Bangkok in June 2016. You should allow 3 days to get your paperwork approved. The step that took the longest (2 days) was legalizing the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. On the 4th day, we were ready to register the marriage at the Amphur office.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 14, 2018, 5:31 pm

bamakmak wrote:
October 14, 2018, 4:11 pm
I got married in Bangkok in June 2016. You should allow 3 days to get your paperwork approved. The step that took the longest (2 days) was legalizing the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. On the 4th day, we were ready to register the marriage at the Amphur office.
For me it was 1 afternoon, the following morning and early afternoon. All the MOF paperwork in the morning and marriage was on the second day early afternoon at Lak Si Amphur

YMMV
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » October 14, 2018, 7:03 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 14, 2018, 5:31 pm

For me it was 1 afternoon, the following morning and early afternoon. All the MOF paperwork in the morning and marriage was on the second day early afternoon at Lak Si Amphur

YMMV
For many years, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was willing to expedite the legalizing the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry, having it ready in hours rather than days As of 01/01/17, they are no longer doing so.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 15, 2018, 6:57 am

bamakmak wrote:
October 14, 2018, 7:03 pm

YMMV
For many years, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was willing to expedite the legalizing the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry, having it ready in hours rather than days As of 01/01/17, they are no longer doing so.
So they have stopped the official extra fee fast service?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » October 15, 2018, 7:18 am

So they have stopped the official extra fee fast service?
[/quote

Yes, they stopped that service on 01/01/17, 6 months before I was married. I can't say for sure if it has been reinstated since, but I don't believe that it has.

Return to “Community Events”