Chinese new year

Udon Thani news, views and comments
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Chinese new year

Post by stattointhailand » January 24, 2023, 5:57 am

I struggled to hear the commentary on the toon game Sat, just Boom,Boom,Boom Boom bloody Boom. Watched Arsenal v Man U Sun night coz it was pointless trying to sleep with the row going on

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 24, 2023, 9:20 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 24, 2023, 5:57 am
I struggled to hear the commentary on the toon game Sat, just Boom,Boom,Boom Boom bloody Boom. Watched Arsenal v Man U Sun night coz it was pointless trying to sleep with the row going on
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 25, 2023, 11:24 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 24, 2023, 5:57 am
To soothe your tortured soul, watch and listen to Cantonese Opera for the next 3 hours. All things considered, mor-lam isn't all that bad, is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6EVeQ9r0gc
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 25, 2023, 12:34 pm

Most inconsiderate of you, Uncle, not to include subtitles.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 25, 2023, 2:23 pm

True, but he doesn't seem to need them for morlam so he can try to figure out what is going on in Cantonese opera for himself. If he concentrates enough, he'll get the hang of it.

Okay, okay, here is one with subtitles,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rgNRdbPdtg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 25, 2023, 2:36 pm

Back to the thread header ... ive been informed by a reliable sauce that today is the last day of any real CNY festivities / traditions including temples n fire crackers so things may get back to normal re transiting that part of the town ...

Having said that above at the moment and running from 18 to 30 Jan there are thousands of extra visitors here for the 48th National University Games as every Uni in the country is participating in numerous events including the Bkk rugby 7s n 15s teams who are smashing everyone in sight as per usual.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 25, 2023, 3:43 pm

Smaller hotels in town and in the 'burbs chock full of students. Many small groups seen on the sidewalks and in Central. Out of town uni buses badly parked is another bonus. Saw a couple of lads on a rental scooter. Apart from the bright green jackets, driving around like lost Chinese in Pattaya was the clue.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 26, 2023, 9:11 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 25, 2023, 2:36 pm
Back to the thread header ... ive been informed by a reliable sauce that today is the last day of any real CNY festivities / traditions including temples n fire crackers so your lei si forthings may get back to normal re transiting that part of the town ...

Having said that above at the moment and running from 18 to 30 Jan there are thousands of extra visitors here for the 48th National University Games as every Uni in the country is participating in numerous events including the Bkk rugby 7s n 15s teams who are smashing everyone in sight as per usual.

DM
Your second paragraph lost track of the thread header, DM. What's on the agenda for the remainder of Chinese New Year? I guess cleaning the house was early on, perhaps the second day. Keep your lai si winnings for supporting the Iron.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 26, 2023, 9:45 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 26, 2023, 9:11 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 25, 2023, 2:36 pm
Back to the thread header ... ive been informed by a reliable sauce that today is the last day of any real CNY festivities / traditions including temples n fire crackers so your lei si forthings may get back to normal re transiting that part of the town ...

DM
Your second paragraph lost track of the thread header, DM. What's on the agenda for the remainder of Chinese New Year? I guess cleaning the house was early on, perhaps the second day. Keep your lai si winnings for supporting the Iron.
Well spotted LYM ..twood appear i went on topic then back off again .. my humbliest apologies.

great win for the Iron last night , just gonna watch the highlights via BT Sports re run...

Another 4 days of student filled Udon here for the Uni sporting extravanganza thingy.

Back on topic .. CNY .. i reckon its done n dusted , my red envelope must be lost in the post ..there again im not of C hink ancestry so checking my postbox daily a tad hypocritical perhaps

DM

Return to “Udon Thani News”