THE POTENTIAL PERILS OF MARRYING A FOREIGN HUSBAND

Udon Thani news, views and comments
dougness
udonmap.com

Re: THE POTENTIAL PERILS OF MARRYING A FOREIGN HUSBAND

Post by dougness » December 13, 2008, 4:02 pm

I can only say as a younger man than most of the formites,I won't get involved in Thailand twice,if Iam proved wrong about my wife.There are other countries without a doubt that are more transparent.A simple thing for your average joe from the west.Its too much for a man with an average amount of pain tolerence and patience. ](*,)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 20, 2008, 6:17 am

Well it seems one is born every minute, this woman seems to have got the first prize for stupidity.
I agree with BKK seems she has a downer on frangs, possibly due to her own ill concieved atempts in hooking a likely suspect. This may be down to her attitude bit one will never know.
Nice story, but ill concieved and ill thought out.

DeNuit
udonmap.com

Post by DeNuit » June 26, 2009, 11:25 pm

I suppose this beautifull research is about the exact reverse side of the fantastic notion that "thai girls just want your money" that some guys throw arround... What's the pourcentage of real "bad thing happened to the poor unsuspecting thai girl" and "bad thing happened to the cleaned-off unsuspecting farlang" anyway ? It happens yes, and it is bad as much for the thai girls to which it happens as for the farlang ruined, but it is what ? 5% ? 10% ? More ? Less ? Must be a minority anyway no ?

As for the pourcentage of divorces, do we do any better in Europe ? in the States ?... I don't think so no...

As for it is "discuting" (well it is not written like this but it is what she means) that a poor thai girl as to look after an older not wealthy husband... What happen to the hundreds of farlang husband of thai girls who take care financially of the medical problems of his thai wife parents ?

And as for the dirty b*stard farlang who abandon a thai girl who thought he would marry her after having sex with her... hum... how many farlang husband of thai girls mary them even if they have kids and take care well of all of them as if they were his own ?...

A totally one-sided research (if it can even be called that ^^) it seems to me no ?

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » June 27, 2009, 6:59 am

Does the "research" lady work for faux news? If not I'm sure they have a job waiting for someone with her credentials.

Could be one of the reasons that only 500 farang/Thai marriages recorded in Nongwuasor district is the fellow apparently in charge of issuing marriage certificates doesn't want farang/Thai marriages. He wanted my entire passport translated to Thai. Wrong! We just left (I can give the evil eye better than he can) went to Kut Chap with my wife's uncle and got it done.

Oh yea, my wife doesn't like farang breakfast, (she did try, the expresion on her face - priceless!) but she does a damn good job of cooking it, and that is the only farang meal I eat. I better hurry up and buy all those "european commodities" we don't have yet before she realises I was already supposed to have bought.

I didn't know that her parents were supposed to have encourged her to marry a farang. Aparently she didn't either as her parents are not exactly jumping with joy even though we have been together since '06. It seems her dad is under the impression that "farang only come to Thailand for sex" (ok, ok, so maybe he is right) and even brought in a Thai suitor to hopefully steal her away before we married. Because her mother still hasn't gotten that 200,000 baht kitchen from me (ah, duh) I not quite the most popular person at the parents house. I'll do better next year :roll: .

Yep, faux news is waiting for this lady for sure.

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » July 22, 2009, 12:17 pm

good...let the local ladies marry the faithful, well off & handsome local lads.

leave us retirees to enjoy our retirements.............. :guiness:

Thaitanium

Post by Thaitanium » July 22, 2009, 10:20 pm

Wisdom
udonmap.com

Post by Wisdom » July 24, 2009, 12:34 am

Fascinating and poignant story Fon has to tell Thaitanium, thanks for finding on Youtube and posting on Udonmap. It really gives background to Fon and other Issan girls in their desire to get a foreign husband. In poor Fon's case, i'd worry about about her boyfriend Mark. Certainly into the alcohol, three bottles of Hennessy a day is a staggering 84 UK units of alcohol, over a week, 588!!! :yikes: The UK weekly safe limit is 21, and a bit more on holiday of course, but 567 more. :guiness: By any standards a piss head, even drunk talking to Fon's son on the phone.

No problem of him trying to bring Fon to England. But, if he is not what she thinks he is, it puts her in a worrying situation 6000 miles from home. I hope for dear Fon it works out with her Mark. I wish her every good luck! :love: :D :love:

Thaitanium

Post by Thaitanium » August 6, 2009, 1:14 am

Thaitanium

Post by Thaitanium » August 6, 2009, 1:44 am

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMsrQR0mVUo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMsrQR0mVUo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MS_vDLfQhRg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MS_vDLfQhRg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOGpQ2-5T-Y[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FV2TyqWwo[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FV2TyqWwo[/youtube]

dainorth

Post by dainorth » September 4, 2009, 11:12 pm

Farming for a non Thai national is Illegal and will result depotation - seizure of all land and it will be auctioned off with the reciepts going to the Government .
Department of immegration is also investigatiing whether any foriener has provided the finance for any thai to purchase property.
Foriegners cannot buy land in thailand (unless theyre chinese).
This so called UNi proffessor does not tell us what are the educational levels of women in Udon to Thais are , what percantage of traditional to official marriages there are in Thai only partnerships or where she obtains her evidence.
Initial analysis should have the article headlined Thai agencies cheat Thai women because that is all the article really proves .
Thai women dont deal with Thai companies you will never get any money back for broken contacts

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » September 6, 2009, 3:43 pm

Sorry dainorth but I don't see the connection with big investors buying up Thai farm land and your average ex-pat marrying a falang. As for owning land the average ex-pat would be more than happy with 1 rai so he can grow his own vegie patch and run a few chickens to subsidise his income :-k

gdjohn2009

Post by gdjohn2009 » September 15, 2009, 5:13 am

I would like to talk with you about a woman who scammed an American. Please respond to me if you wish to learn about it.
GDJ

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » September 15, 2009, 6:21 pm

I have a friend who has a dating site for thai ladies to meet foreign men to marry the charge is free to the ladies only the men pay I will get his web site and posted in here if I get Lee approval so you can give it to all your lady friends who bug you about getting them a falong husband when they ask me I tell them you must learn to speak ENGLISH well and then they don't bug me any more

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 15, 2009, 7:36 pm

I would like to talk with you about a woman who scammed an American. Please respond to me if you wish to learn about it.
that would include all yanks, and everyone else, with there 1st encounter with yellow fever, with exception of a very lucky few.

if this woman's name happens to be Yupin (Pin) Phanphon, no need for any warning to foruml members, her reputation precedes her with as much help as i can provide. If you need a character reference of her, or testamony, i can definitely help. :D :D
friend who has a dating site for thai ladies to meet foreign men to marry
personally, i know very few successful internet meetings. serious people should just simply wait until they arrive and live here before the pitfalls of a long distance internet met relationship. IMHO. nothing like being here, on the ground, 24/7. it's quite eye opening.

Return to “Udon Thani News”