Non Wau Sor against drugs .

Udon Thani news, views and comments
trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 24, 2011, 10:30 am

As part of His Majesty an individual's cleaner Thailand project, we as a community in Non Wau Sor have been actively encouraging the youngsters of the area to contribute their own thought and ideas on the problems with the society they live in .As part of that, a competition for the best poster or idea in all age groups was instigated. The police also played an active part in visiting schools and telling children about the evils of drugs, smoking and drinking. (I know , I laughed at the last one as well), but their intention was good . :-" Well today, six months work culminated in a prize winning ceremony at Amphoe Non Wau Sor in advance of His Majesties designated day on Monday 26th .I attach some photos of the occasion .
anti drugs 010.jpg
Of course , led by a band .
anti drugs 013.jpg
. Depicting the evil of drugs and smoking .
anti drugs 014.jpg
A winning drawing .
anti drugs 015.jpg
and two posters .
anti drugs 016.jpg
More to follow .

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 24, 2011, 10:43 am

Some of the kids decided their contribution would be to encourage every one to use their vote .
anti drugs 066.jpg
While others said , Drink and drugs destroys families .
anti drugs 072.jpg
anti drugs 031.jpg
Symbolic burning of drugs .
anti drugs 036.jpg
anti drugs 045.jpg
Nai Amphor presented the prizes to the winning kids
anti drugs 041.jpg
and certificates to the police for helping the project .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 24, 2011, 10:48 am

What a line up!
anti drugs 065.jpg
When a community comes together it can make a difference. Thanks to every one that took part and a thanks for every one reading this for your time . :D

Sateev
udonmap.com

Post by Sateev » June 24, 2011, 12:13 pm

Commendable effort, great job.

It's nice to see someone who walks the walk...

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » June 24, 2011, 12:15 pm

Nice pics n report TB , well done to all involved .

Mash despises drugs of any kind , now in my mid forties i can proudly say i have never taken any drugs or had a cigarette in my mouth , the only "drugs" if they count as drugs are a beer or two now n then and salivating over a beautiful young woman whenever possible . I did recently try a slimming agent/tablet but made me feel strange ,,, stranger than normal should i say , i had some weird side effects the worst being an erection most of the day which wasnt very handy when dealing with customers in the shop !! tho came in handy after we closed >>>>>>>>

One quick look at how Yabba scrambles the brain of some of the younger Thais (and others) is enuff to prove just how damaging it is ,,,,,,,, there anit such a thing as a good drug except paracetemol and some would say Kamagra !! , socailising drugs like charlie , wizz . H, speed , yabba , crack yar ice , ganja , dope , blow call em wot u like theres abobsolutely no sense in using them.

Mash ..... says NO to drugs ...YES to sausages

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » June 24, 2011, 3:27 pm

Sateev wrote:Commendable effort, great job.

It's nice to see someone who walks the walk...

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 27, 2011, 12:58 pm

One of the problems with this type of project is monitoring the success of it. I am glad to say since we started the kids themselves are more aware of the danger of drugs, this has given them the confidence to speak up when someone approaches them to sell .They are more likely to tell their parents or teacher if offered any . This info is then passed on to the BIB. As a result of this several arrests have been made and more pushers are under observation . I am afraid to say , some of them just kids themselves :mad: .

Return to “Udon Thani News”