Non Wau Sor News

Udon Thani news, views and comments
phen
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by phen » February 2, 2012, 1:25 pm

Trubrit thanks for sorted out.
How many deadly accidents we get in Nong Wua So?
This is all the second deadly accident on the big road near Nong Wua So.

Kevro
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by Kevro » February 2, 2012, 1:40 pm

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I was a bit worried at the time that it might have been our neighbour who is a tuk tuk driver based at the intersection but have since seen him and another we see around the place.

These sugar cane trucks and there drivers are a menace on the roads. I have personally seen (Not actual / soon after) 3 accidents involving these trucks this last month and they are still so many plodding around and way to top heavy.

Kevro

Aptera
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by Aptera » February 26, 2012, 12:46 pm

There was an accident last night at the Nong Wua Sor traffic lights.... again

2 young boys and one young girl are dead ....

The boys were from Ban Mak Ya

All of them were last night at the school party ....

I don't know all the details yet , but they were on a motorbike and in the accident involved a big truck

phen
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by phen » February 26, 2012, 1:36 pm

An other big accident last night by the stoplights off Nong Wua So.
3 young people lost there live when there motorbike come to a big truck.
Very sad that so many people have died by accidents.

stoneman
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by stoneman » February 26, 2012, 8:26 pm

Guys...that highway is getting more dangerous every day...We live on Mhu 6 on the east side of the highway and north of the traffic light...We have to take our son to school in Udon every morning and there is so much traffic on that road, it is very difficult and dangerous to try to get on there...I am now taking the back roads to the Nong Wauso main street and going up to the traffic light and making a right turn there onto the road to Udon...The answer is better traffic enforcement along this road 24 hours a day...There are 2 very large schools on this road and the turning traffic and foot/motorbike traffic is huge and it is just a disaster waiting to happen...

Kevro
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by Kevro » February 27, 2012, 7:26 am

The traffic lights there have always been an accident waiting to happen. If waiting to cross the road and you get a green light and you proceed straight away you take your life in your own hands. I have sat there and watched half a dozen cars blast through the intersection under a red light as the green light people are half way through the intersection.

The police routinely set up license and rego checks all around this intersection but red light running is ignored.

Kevro

trubrit
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by trubrit » February 27, 2012, 5:56 pm

phen wrote:An other big accident last night by the stoplights off Nong Wua So.
3 young people lost there live when there motorbike come to a big truck.
Very sad that so many people have died by accidents.
Not just a simple accident I'm afraid according to witness statements the deaths were due to a schoolboy gang feud.The details of which appear to be. The three deceased, two age 16 the other just 15 were being pursued by two other youths on another motorbike, the pillion passenger of which was firing a gun at them .It was around 1.00am and the traffic lights were set at red/amber for all directions. The siplor loaded with gravel was making a turn at the cross roads when the motor bike ploughed into the side of it, killing the three riders. It is not known where the pursuers went, but police are making investigations, following information they may have been pupils at the same school .
This whole episode raises the question of lack of parental responsibility, age , time and guns, which I won't go into in respect for the grief of the three families of the deceased. Just say RIP kids it was such a short life.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Kevro
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by Kevro » February 27, 2012, 7:10 pm

Trubrit

We were at the Rongrian Thepnasorn (the school mentioned having a show in the initial post) for the school show on Saturday night. On leaving at around 9.45pm we had to make our way through several gangs of youths facing off in the car park outside the school, none belonging to the school I believe.

Kevro

phen
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by phen » February 28, 2012, 9:37 am

Trubritt thanks for the update.
This kind off thinks you know from Bangkok, but you not expect this in Nong Wua So.
What's happing in this crazy world?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by trubrit » February 28, 2012, 11:45 am

An addendum to my post . Whilst my information came from a credible source in Udon the local BIB say they know nothing about a chasing motorbike and are treating the incident as a normal traffic accident .I will refrain from using a smiley.

phen
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by phen » February 28, 2012, 1:52 pm

Believe the big bosses and you can sleep well.
Accident??? Which accident

trubrit
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News.Mango Fair

Post by trubrit » March 1, 2012, 2:08 pm

trubrit wrote:The date for the annual mango fair that takes place in the grounds of amphoe Nong Wai every year will be the first weekend in March this year . !st -3rd. More details nearer the time .
Well despite the hurricane that swept through the village two nights ago destroying the tents and stalls on the site it was opened on time this morning by the assistant governor of Udon .
A few pics .
vals 046.jpg
Lots of mangoes as you would expect .
vals 037.jpg
The smiling ladies of the Red Cross with Nai Amphur .
vals 040.jpg
All ages help the good cause .
vals 039.jpg
Nai Amphur and his Lady prepare to give out the first bike to the lucky winner .
There's lots of fun for everyone over the next three days. With Mor lam singers and an all night movie tonight . :roll:

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by Asiaphile » March 1, 2012, 8:05 pm

I went to the Mango Fair this afternoon, and, frankly speaking, the visit didn't make me overly enthusiastic.
Maybe I'd set my expectations too high, but I'd hoped to see a wide variety of mango species, just like you do in Indonesia and South America. However, you see the exact same varieties you'll find here in the talads in Udon City, and, the prices are exactly the same (B30/35 a kilo).
What a waste of the fuel consumed for the trip :(

trubrit
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by trubrit » March 1, 2012, 8:13 pm

Asiaphile wrote:I went to the Mango Fair this afternoon, and, frankly speaking, the visit didn't make me overly enthusiastic.
Maybe I'd set my expectations too high, but I'd hoped to see a wide variety of mango species, just like you do in Indonesia and South America. However, you see the exact same varieties you'll find here in the talads in Udon City, and, the prices are exactly the same (B30/35 a kilo).
What a waste of the fuel consumed for the trip :(
Well its just a walk from my house so cost of fuel is not a consideration for me . Had a great time . :roll:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by trubrit » March 2, 2012, 9:24 am

Mango Fair 2nd day. Perhaps I should start by explaining.This is not intended to be a cheap market place, although I bought mangoes of different varieties from 20-35 bht a kilo, not expensive in my book. It is designed solely to celebrate the start of the Thai mango season with a fun filled festival for young or old, with entirely free entertainment. Today for example we have a Miss Mango competition, a continuation of the team aerobic dancing contest and this evening another movie show, plus more local music . There is also a food and drink party for the village heads etc from around the area, but this is invitation only .There is also the fun fair, big wheel etc and numerous activities going on all day around the grounds .A few more pics to illustrate.
vals 020.jpg
A model of a Thai jumbo illustrating the important role the mango plays in the export market .
vals 030.jpg
Kids enjoying the lucky dip. Every ones a winner .
vals 051.jpg
vals 055.jpg
The team aerobic competition .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News.New market in Nong Wai .

Post by trubrit » March 16, 2012, 10:17 am

Grand opening this morning of a new market /shopping complex in Nong Wai. Right opposite the temple on the main road.Some photos :
vals 022.jpg
vals 019.jpg
The opening party.
vals 011.jpg
The food stalls
vals 009.jpg
Still lots of space to rent .
vals 015.jpg
Shops down each side.22 in all .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by trubrit » March 16, 2012, 10:29 am

A very spacious area for car parking in front and nice modern clean toilets .
vals 014.jpg
At the back is a nice garden area ,today being used for cooking for the party, but eventually being run as a nice place to relax over a cup of coffee.
vals 012.jpg
vals 013.jpg
A brilliant addition to our village by the owners of the building supply shop .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by trubrit » March 16, 2012, 2:01 pm

Now the parties over been speaking to the owner. All the shops have been snapped up @2k a month and the entire stall area is fully booked. They have been given 3 months rent free to get established before a full commitment is made. An interesting innovation is a telephone line connection is available to all so that those who wish can offer a home delivery service locally . I am told the cost of the project was 8mill without the land .So good luck to them . \:D/

sabaidee_mike
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by sabaidee_mike » March 16, 2012, 9:20 pm

Very good! We could do with a nice new indoor market in the vicinity. Looking forward to checking it out in April!

parrot
udonmap.com

Non Wau Sor News

Post by parrot » April 1, 2012, 7:26 pm

Wat Khantha Semaram is located in Nong Bua Ban, about half-way between Nongwahsaw and Huai Luang Reservoir. I've ridden my bike there many times and my wife and I will often stop by on our way home from the market. Today, in the mini-zoo there, we saw a multitude of white squirrels, a full size horn bill toucan and a smaller female, several very large turtles, whistling tree ducks, and a beaded lizard that was at least 6 feet long (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkrQW5sEF6g for an example). The temple sports an impressive number of mature trees including several very large mahogany. White squirrel and loads of red jungle fowl play among the many trees and leaves on the ground.
All in all, a nice escape from the daily routine and there's no separate pricing system for foreigners!
Google map "Wat Khantha Semaram" for directions

Return to “Udon Thani News”