Overpass/tunnel Udon Ringroad Nongkai Hwy

Udon Thani news, views and comments
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Overpass/tunnel Udon Ringroad Nongkai Hwy

Post by stattointhailand » December 26, 2019, 12:05 pm

are you sure zid?

I heard it was just 3 wise men who were looking up at the sky and missed the "no entry" signs

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 26, 2019, 1:44 pm

Wonder what the odds are of a complete moron failing to negotiate the overpass and co e flying off, during the Seven Deadly Days and will it banned for Motor-cycles

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 26, 2019, 2:13 pm

I did the tunnel yesterday and the overpass today. For all the crying and gnashing of teeth about the construction, I see it as a plus to Udon.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 26, 2019, 2:35 pm

Well KP to answer your question
I figure the odds are fairly good that nothing will happen They have had an overpass to practice on for how many years at the BIG C corner

But if anything does happen so be it, too late to change now?

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » December 26, 2019, 2:43 pm

parrot wrote:
December 26, 2019, 2:13 pm
I did the tunnel yesterday and the overpass today. For all the crying and gnashing of teeth about the construction, I see it as a plus to Udon.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26545&p=557759#p557759

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2019, 2:45 pm

Doodoo wrote:
December 26, 2019, 2:35 pm
Well KP to answer your question
I figure the odds are fairly good that nothing will happen They have had an overpass to practice on for how many years at the BIG C corner

Yes, but that's a straight shot and not with a cunning dog-leg like the new one has. The 90-degree bend where Highway 7 kicks off northbound in Pattaya has claimed several bikes over the years, notably pissed-up farangs are well represented but we don't have any of that sort in Udon now do we?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 26, 2019, 3:55 pm

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 26, 2019, 4:17 pm

I agree ,too late to change anything , enforcement of vehicles etc will not be in plentiful supply so I will not be following a high sided overladen lorry onto it that is a, fact at any time.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » December 26, 2019, 6:09 pm

wow just wow
can't negotiate a well lighted, slight curve?
Then just maybe you should not be driving
any type of vehicle, either motor or pedal, is my thinking.

In america have seen all kinds of Bad drivers, seen all kinds of accidents on Straight Roads, and after what 19 years here, have seen very few, really none. Actually its shocking, but then again I don't get out much, I guess. Then again being retired in Thailand, with not much else to do, ....

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 26, 2019, 8:13 pm

hah! just watch any of the TV news channels early each morning for the day's digest of accidents, murders, robberies et al...
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 26, 2019, 9:08 pm

Think Im gonna wait until after the first "deluge" before declaring them "a plus to Udon" parrot

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » December 26, 2019, 9:25 pm

Why do people complain so much? I think under the circumstances,They do pretty good job.Funds are limited.The Construction was a effort to ease traffic congestion.A lot of money and work went into that project, and I think they did well! But all you get is negative reports! What about " Well done Udon. Thanks for that!"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 26, 2019, 9:39 pm

Well done Udon thanks for s*hgging up the last TWO years in order to produce something that wont be necessary when they finally get round to sorting out the bypass .... perhaps using the money & time to get the bypass done, and then building the flyover/tunnel if they still thought it was needed may have been a better option

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 26, 2019, 10:29 pm

Your expertise is somewhat wasted here on the Map, statto.

You really should chuck your CV into the Udon office of the Highways Dept, setting out in detail your experience in highway engineering and traffic management.

And public art, of course.

And if they won't listen, go to H.O. in Bangkok.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » December 26, 2019, 11:06 pm

Some farangs seem to forget They dont belong here. A foreigner.If dont like it Tough!
Thats the way it is here.Right or wrong.
As the old saying goes....If you dont like the system Then...
Well,. you know the rest

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 27, 2019, 6:54 am

Ah Choi choi, your comments are as usual unfounded and should be put in File 13, it is NOT the construction or even why it was built, many of the comments serious or humorous is based on years of driving around the world and seeing what works and what does not work based on the driving ability of the drivers.
When you have a country where enforcement is pitiful, laws are ignored on a whim and vehicles dangeropusly6 overloaded in many cases, then it is safe to assume that the over-pass may well be sound in its construction but it is the abilities of drivers that is questionable.
Nowhere have I see apart from here, drivers in ability to stop safely when the BRAKES ARE REPORTEDLY BAD , but here it is trotted out almost daily, most times used to hide the incompetence of the actual driver , which on a straight road with no turns is usually acceptable, but even then here more than many countries even that appears difficult. Put in a bend and hump even a slight problem chaos ensues.

You are right Farangs can go if they7 do not like it, but with Foreigners supplying nearly 11% of GDP maybe you should rethink your comments.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 27, 2019, 7:10 am

STOP STOP ALL ROADWORKS!!!
From now on the construction of any road, bridge, tunnel etc
shall be straight and smooth. No Humps no curves, no bends, nothing just straight.

The benefits will outweigh the downsides immensely

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 27, 2019, 8:44 am

Kp, do you have something to support "11% of GDP"?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 27, 2019, 11:21 am

If I remember correctly the last stat from the Thai Govt stated that Tourism ( which includes us ) was approx. 11% of GDP, now if you even take a conservative estimate of 7K farangs living in Udon Thani Province , each minimum 40 k per month the figure is startling over a year of Income brought into the country , for which that Thai economy has to do nothing just be polite and say WELCOME ( About 280 million by 12, you do the figures and that is just Udon Thani with 70 odd provinces you do the Maths and that is people who are here each and every month

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » December 27, 2019, 11:41 am

choi choi wrote:
December 26, 2019, 11:06 pm
Some farangs seem to forget They dont belong here. A foreigner.If dont like it Tough!
Thats the way it is here.Right or wrong.
As the old saying goes....If you dont like the system Then...
Well,. you know the rest
probably the most hated and disgusting comment on any expat forum in the world . First i do not think small . this is my world and i am entitled to live where i please . I cannot because of tribadism which created borders and economics .I am not a foreigner in my own world
Where do you come from as the immigrants in most western countries esp uk demonstrate frequently about things they do not like in the country they live in . Its called democracy . If nobody ever complains nothing will ever change . Lucky for you most people in the west did complain and change . You would have been a luddite i suppose.

Return to “Udon Thani News”