Second Ring Road Plans

Udon Thani news, views and comments
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Second Ring Road Plans

Post by tamada » July 18, 2020, 8:29 am

^ With virtually all heavy goods vehicles traveling NK-BK and vice versa on the yet to be built outer ring roads, I reckon the existing ring roads dual-carriageway will be more than adequate for local traffic. It's the important cross-town arterial links for local businesses and commuters that look to remain soi's.

^^ With Thailand's economy languishing near the bottom of the ASEAN league, I doubt that there will be enough money to pay for the national highway expansion that was revealed last month. Back in 2016, they had similar plans for upgraded national railways that included virtually the same east-west routes. After a couple of false starts and circle-jerking with the Chinese, only BK-NK will be built.

Good information though.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 18, 2020, 11:55 am

Don't most major Thai cities have an inner and outer ring road? Has anyone got access to a clear map of the proposed second ring road, particularly of the Southern section, I have an idea it may come close to me so perhaps it's time to look for another bit of land a bit further out.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 18, 2020, 11:56 am

Please don't send links to the crappy, blurry version that's flying about.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 18, 2020, 12:33 pm

OMG panic alert, over a proposed road that will in all probability never be built going by the long term plans and in any event it is the NK to BKK route liable to be built first as that is where the traffic is heaviest, by the time it will ever be built you will add at least 15 years to your current age I suspect

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 18, 2020, 12:57 pm

No, not a panic but being a boy scout it's best to be prepared and in any case, it never hurts to have a spare plot of land.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2020, 1:03 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 18, 2020, 11:56 am
Go to city hall and get your own, unblurred version on A4?

Meanwhile...
little bit blurry.jpg
little bit blurry
not so blurry.jpg
not so blurry
Unless you missed out on Ordnance Survey maps when you was growing up, should be clear enough to work out roughly how far that's from your place, no?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 18, 2020, 1:22 pm

Just so KP is aware, there is a HUGE (see the clever use of caps there!) encampment in Kham Khling that is housing hundreds of workers with lots and lots or road rollers etc to build the outer ring road!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 18, 2020, 3:02 pm

Photos courtesy of Peter Hellery
Attachments
FB_IMG_1595052087329.jpg
FB_IMG_1595052090934.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 18, 2020, 3:06 pm

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2020, 1:03 pm
vincemunday wrote:
July 18, 2020, 11:56 am
Go to city hall and get your own, unblurred version on A4?

Meanwhile...

little bit blurry.jpg

not so blurry.jpg

Unless you missed out on Ordnance Survey maps when you was growing up, should be clear enough to work out roughly how far that's from your place, no?
I already said I was a boy scout, of course I never missed out on ordnance survey maps, absolutely clear enough, many thanks.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 18, 2020, 3:29 pm

Going by those maps the ring road passes very, very close to my house and as we are near Wat Pha Ban Tad there's a good chance we'll be in the first phase (I hope not).

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 19, 2020, 9:51 am

To my knowledge none of land has yet been obtained for the ring road, plans have been made for the northern one ( ie Nk to KK roads ) but like many plans here none have as yet made it into something tangible.
There is a lot of resurfacing work going on around here and upgrading of current roads, they have to put the damn equipment somewhere .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 19, 2020, 11:01 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 19, 2020, 9:51 am
To my knowledge none of land has yet been obtained for the ring road, plans have been made for the northern one ( ie Nk to KK roads ) but like many plans here none have as yet made it into something tangible.
There is a lot of resurfacing work going on around here and upgrading of current roads, they have to put the damn equipment somewhere .
Got to agree. The outer ring-road is ages away, if ever. They've been debating the inner ring-road since at least 2016 and Mrs tam and some neigbors have attended a few EIA-related public consultation meetings for T. Nongbua but the last one was maybe 2018?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 19, 2020, 11:32 am

Khun Paul wrote:

So come on then Paul tell me how you know if they've been buying land and tell me how you would know? You're full of it. By the by, much of the land by Kham khling, Ban Chan and Ban Tad is already government owned but i'm sure you know that already.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 19, 2020, 11:40 am

tamada wrote:
July 19, 2020, 11:01 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Got to agree. The outer ring-road is ages away, if ever. They've been debating the inner ring-road since at least 2016 and Mrs tam and some neigbors have attended a few EIA-related public consultation meetings for T. Nongbua but the last one was maybe 2018?
Hope you're right Tam but this museum and chedi dedicated to the monk that died a while back is a huge thing, I'm pretty sure some of the road improvements we've already had in the South are because of that, plus I don't fancy a motorway a few hundred meters from my front gate.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 19, 2020, 12:15 pm

Oh Vince trying to score a point again, read the news, speak to people who know, after 16 years here, you get to klnow what is going on I can tell .
Sadly there appears NO Requirement for any Government Agency to tell anmyone what the hell is going on, but locals do know , Makes for buying land at best a gamble . By the way ot has taken Udon Thani just 14 years to move their Town Sign 2 Km s up the road towards Nonghan on the Sakon Nahkon Road , that will have an impact on land prices etc. So any MAJOR development regarding roads will take considerably longer it took them 15 years to compl;ete the Ring road between the KK and Nong Bua road ( making it a dual carriageway . So chill . By the timke it is real you will be deaf and/or probably blind so it will not worry you so much .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 19, 2020, 12:21 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 19, 2020, 12:15 pm
Oh Vince trying to score a point again, read the news, speak to people who know, after 16 years here, you get to klnow what is going on I can tell .
Sadly there appears NO Requirement for any Government Agency to tell anmyone what the hell is going on, but locals do know , Makes for buying land at best a gamble . By the way ot has taken Udon Thani just 14 years to move their Town Sign 2 Km s up the road towards Nonghan on the Sakon Nahkon Road , that will have an impact on land prices etc. So any MAJOR development regarding roads will take considerably longer it took them 15 years to compl;ete the Ring road between the KK and Nong Bua road ( making it a dual carriageway . So chill . By the timke it is real you will be deaf and/or probably blind so it will not worry you so much .
So basically you know nothing and you're full of ---- as usual, you don't speak to people, you don't speak Thai, you don't have any friends so we can ignore that too and what part of they already own the land don't you understand? When you drive along the roads here there are signs saying that the land is owned by the army, airforce etc, I bought my land from the family of a soldier, my next door neighbor is a soldier and much of the land here is on the lowest form of por bor, the army can take the land back at any time, but of course you know that too right?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 19, 2020, 12:42 pm

Oh I just had a thought... it's your "friends"... 555

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 19, 2020, 1:43 pm

Here's the road in Bangkok that I was telling you about. Makes for easier access to your place if they do the same, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utthayan_Road

"The road, 90 metres (300 ft) in width, runs a short distance of 3.86 kilometres... Costing over one billion baht, it is also the most expensive road in the country."
utthayan road.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 19, 2020, 2:11 pm

tamada wrote:
July 19, 2020, 1:43 pm
Here's the road in Bangkok that I was telling you about. Makes for easier access to your place if they do the same, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utthayan_Road

"The road, 90 metres (300 ft) in width, runs a short distance of 3.86 kilometres... Costing over one billion baht, it is also the most expensive road in the country."

utthayan road.jpg
Yes easier access for sure and the prices of the land will rise, I'm sure about that too, but the whole point of moving out here was we were out in the countryside away from it all as it were. Even if the worse does happen I'll just wait and see how it impacts us.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 19, 2020, 3:33 pm

Hopefully we are all wrong and it's this!

3 hours 15 minutes to Bangkok would be a right result.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9573177234

Return to “Udon Thani News”