Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Second Ring Road Plans

Post by Khun Paul » July 19, 2020, 4:25 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 19, 2020, 12:21 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
July 19, 2020, 12:15 pm
Oh Vince trying to score a point again, read the news, speak to people who know, after 16 years here, you get to klnow what is going on I can tell .
Sadly there appears NO Requirement for any Government Agency to tell anmyone what the hell is going on, but locals do know , Makes for buying land at best a gamble . By the way ot has taken Udon Thani just 14 years to move their Town Sign 2 Km s up the road towards Nonghan on the Sakon Nahkon Road , that will have an impact on land prices etc. So any MAJOR development regarding roads will take considerably longer it took them 15 years to compl;ete the Ring road between the KK and Nong Bua road ( making it a dual carriageway . So chill . By the timke it is real you will be deaf and/or probably blind so it will not worry you so much .
So basically you know nothing and you're full of **** as usual, you don't speak to people, you don't speak Thai, you don't have any friends so we can ignore that too and what part of they already own the land don't you understand? When you drive along the roads here there are signs saying that the land is owned by the army, airforce etc, I bought my land from the family of a soldier, my next door neighbor is a soldier and much of the land here is on the lowest form of por bor, the army can take the land back at any time, but of course you know that too right?
Sop what your basically saying is that you wanted the countryside but you bought lower class land that can be taken back by the Army at any time and your complaining about a possible road being built . If you wanted security you would buy land not so linked to the Thai Military and land that is free from being taken back .So stop bloody complaining .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 19, 2020, 5:05 pm

^ Good point well made.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 19, 2020, 6:07 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 19, 2020, 4:25 pm
vincemunday wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Oh Vince trying to score a point again, read the news, speak to people who know, after 16 years here, you get to klnow what is going on I can tell .
Sadly there appears NO Requirement for any Government Agency to tell anmyone what the hell is going on, but locals do know , Makes for buying land at best a gamble . By the way ot has taken Udon Thani just 14 years to move their Town Sign 2 Km s up the road towards Nonghan on the Sakon Nahkon Road , that will have an impact on land prices etc. So any MAJOR development regarding roads will take considerably longer it took them 15 years to compl;ete the Ring road between the KK and Nong Bua road ( making it a dual carriageway . So chill . By the timke it is real you will be deaf and/or probably blind so it will not worry you so much .
So basically you know nothing and you're full of **** as usual, you don't speak to people, you don't speak Thai, you don't have any friends so we can ignore that too and what part of they already own the land don't you understand? When you drive along the roads here there are signs saying that the land is owned by the army, airforce etc, I bought my land from the family of a soldier, my next door neighbor is a soldier and much of the land here is on the lowest form of por bor, the army can take the land back at any time, but of course you know that too right?
Sop what your basically saying is that you wanted the countryside but you bought lower class land that can be taken back by the Army at any time and your complaining about a possible road being built . If you wanted security you would buy land not so linked to the Thai Military and land that is free from being taken back .So stop bloody complaining .
Damn you're thick, my land is full chanote, the farmers land around it isn't, I seriously wonder why you bother
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 19, 2020, 6:08 pm

tamada wrote:
July 19, 2020, 5:05 pm
^ Good point well made.
Please.... don't be as daft as him, as if I would buy land that wasn't full chanote.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 20, 2020, 4:18 am

VM, don't be put off by the nay-sayers. Yes, the second ring road has been talked about for years.....as have alternate water sources for the main reservoir, as have now-in-progress plans for the Industrial Center just south of town, as have plans for a provincial university SW of town, as were plans to build the overpass/tunnel near Lotus (it's still NOT flooded), as are plans for building power plants fueled by trash in Udon, as are plans to use the area just N of Udon as a major water overflow area, as is the ongoing work in the Nongsamrong watershed, as are/were plans to develop a major potash mine area just south of Udon, as are city desires to move the prison outside of the city center, the list goes on.
When we first built our home 18km SW of the city, my big fear was that CP might build a chicken processing plan on the adjoining land. Then word of a juvenile detention center on the same land.
You can take a ไม่รูู้้อะไรสบาย attitude toward what's going on around you, or keep up with the plethora of social media/news sites that provide a wealth of information about the direction of things in Udon. Not much different than in the US.......in one of Texas's largest cities, there are inner ring and outer ring roads. Back in the 1980, city planners came up with an idea to build a parkway to relive some of the traffic burden near the airport. Construction began in the mid 1990's and 21 years later was completed. It's about 10 miles long. The concept is similar to Udon plans to build a bypass road between the eastern ring road and Hwy 22.
Big projects like the ones above typically don't come about in a vacuum. Before the city began construction on the Lotus tunnel/overpass, there were several community meetings to discuss the project and ask for input. There have been numerous activist projects against the potash mine and the trash plants. The chamber of commerce and the city have social media sites where citizens can air their views.......and they do.......from pot-holed roads to sugar cane field burning.

I should add that I'm still marooned in Texas......not yet able to return from a planned 3 month vacation, now entering the 6th month. But I still consider Udon my plan A home......so I try to keep up with what's going on there. They may not.....in my lifetime.....but then, I don't think anyone saw the ramifications of the pandemic coming either.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 20, 2020, 5:52 am

vincemunday wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
You stated this not me, so you are wrong then

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 20, 2020, 6:57 am

^^ It's strange how the much-needed new ring road that has been talked about for at least ten years (long enough for talk of two ring roads to arise) isn't happening anytime soon whereas the impressive but largely ineffective, vain boondoggle of the "Tesco Over/Under" was done and dusted, from dream to opening, in less than five.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2020, 7:11 am

The right wheels were oiled n greased n palms crossed with silver ..hence forth the overunder pass is a reality in quick time .. i must say its marvelous , i love it so much so i may call any future children after it ..

Its well known how these projects get done or not here ..take Buriram with the influence n power of Khun Newin not only a brand new 4 and 6 lane ring road but all main arteries into the city are now completed as well .. it seems the Chang race circuit and I mobile stadium being the catalyst for this along with shopping centers hotels and restaurants the provincial capital has been transformed beyond belief from the old days .. and whose to say it cant happen in Udon , i hope so but does Udon have a Newin ????

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 20, 2020, 9:03 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 20, 2020, 5:52 am
vincemunday wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
You stated this not me, so you are wrong then

You're such a div, why do you think people always take the pi$$ out of you?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 20, 2020, 9:04 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 20, 2020, 7:11 am
The right wheels were oiled n greased n palms crossed with silver ..hence forth the overunder pass is a reality in quick time .. i must say its marvelous , i love it so much so i may call any future children after it ..

Its well known how these projects get done or not here ..take Buriram with the influence n power of Khun Newin not only a brand new 4 and 6 lane ring road but all main arteries into the city are now completed as well .. it seems the Chang race circuit and I mobile stadium being the catalyst for this along with shopping centers hotels and restaurants the provincial capital has been transformed beyond belief from the old days .. and whose to say it cant happen in Udon , i hope so but does Udon have a Newin ????

DM

The catalyst could well be this super monk Jon, he is revered all over Thailand, if you're out this way go see the chedi they've built in his honour.

This very highly revered monk

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/-Udon-Th ... 20741.html

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2020, 12:16 pm

Vince ... Im not seeing the similarities of Khun Newin and the super monk ... i have met Newin a couple of times and he was a very nice guy whilst at the same gave gave off an aura of power you couldnt fail to sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newin_Chidchob

The super monk was as his title suggests but im not sure he or any other udon based person in high standing could ever achieve what Newin has in Buriram.

Unless Tam or KP throws a hat in the ring its gonna be bizz as usual IMO .

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 20, 2020, 1:04 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 20, 2020, 12:16 pm
Vince ... Im not seeing the similarities of Khun Newin and the super monk ... i have met Newin a couple of times and he was a very nice guy whilst at the same gave gave off an aura of power you couldnt fail to sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newin_Chidchob

The super monk was as his title suggests but im not sure he or any other udon based person in high standing could ever achieve what Newin has in Buriram.

Unless Tam or KP throws a hat in the ring its gonna be bizz as usual IMO .

DM
i-dont-always-throw-my-hat-in-the-ring-but-when-i-do-i-do-it-with-class.jpg

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 20, 2020, 3:02 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 20, 2020, 7:11 am

DM
Not so much Khun Newin but the Chang racing Circuit was the main reason everything was done, could not have visitors seeing Buriam as it was could you eh ?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2020, 3:49 pm

It was because of Khun Newin the I mobile stadium and the following Chang Arena were built there...without him neither would be there.

I remember Buriram 20 years ago with one supermarket called Tweekit .. nowadays that site is a large shopping center stilled called the same but now has Makro tesco Big C and Robinsons for company , Home pro Thaiwatsadu n Global in fact there just about everything in Buriram now even 5 star hotels where cow sheds once stood.. n most of it down to one man who set his stall out for the city and province to become the hub it is today.

Whilst Udon has all the above its infrastructure is tosh compared to Buriram and many others.

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 20, 2020, 5:11 pm

Khun Newin has proven over many years to be a cut above your average corrupt and venal Thai politician.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 20, 2020, 5:28 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 20, 2020, 5:11 pm
Khun Newin has proven over many years to be a cut above your average corrupt and venal Thai politician.
I stand corrected , yues my latest info was that he was instrumental in part for the change to modernity in Buriam.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 20, 2020, 5:43 pm

I guess I would have been shocked if you had grasped what I was saying, KP.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 20, 2020, 5:57 pm

Dumb and dumber...

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 21, 2020, 7:08 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 20, 2020, 5:43 pm
I guess I would have been shocked if you had grasped what I was saying, KP.
Unlike our resident idiots, I do in fact make enquires and I am willing to admit my error in any previous statements I have made concerning notable people . I was informed that K Newin had the ear of the shakers and movers who listened . .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 21, 2020, 10:27 am

Newin was once Thaksin's acolyte... and then they fell out. Then he threw his hand in with the Democrats, getting them in power for whatever that was worth. More recently and through the defection of former MP's of the now-banned Future Forward party, his Bhumjaithai party is second largest in the current coalition and has blessed us with DPM/Health Minister Anutin. So understandably Newin has got Prayuth's full attention.

Same old same old.

Return to “Udon Thani News”