House Robbery, Ban Chiang

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 15, 2015, 2:53 am

There are boatloads of foreigners coming through the Udon airport these days.......it's hard to believe these guys just pull a few straws out of the pile and target them. There's a precious few meters of space between the baggage door and the exit door......and judging from the crimes, most of the arrivals probably aren't waiting for public/rental transportation to take them to their homes. I'd guess most arrivals have already made any currency exchange in Bangkok.
I'm glad they caught the guys.....but wonder if there's more to the story.
t.i.t.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 15, 2015, 3:20 am

Once upon a time a group of criminals drove into a village and swapped Ice / Yah Bah for information from locals on where Expats live and knows them.

Khon Kaen and Korat have their own airports...BTW

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 15, 2015, 5:17 am

Yes I agree it does not sit well , following farangs to burgle them, I too thought with the numbers of foreigners exiting Udon daily increasing which ones do you follow and also hope they have loose cash lying around lus vast amounts of jewellery just waiting to be plucked from hidden places.
This wealth NOT locked up in a large safe, not kept on the person, in fact a foreigner being bloody stupid in my book with his money. This does not smell right and shouts collusion . But the sad story is, we will ever know the truth, simple answer NO.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 15, 2015, 9:39 am

A followup article at https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/%E0%B8 ... 7907507531
2 brothers and 6 others involved in incidents in Nongkai, Khonkaen, Korat and Udon among other places.

The MOP seemed to be to target foreign arrivals at the airport and follow them to their home. Homes with address signs out front were targeted, as were large homes as they were assumed to have lots of possessions. Police are still looking for the other 6 involved.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 15, 2015, 10:02 am

as for "large safe" the now disappeared posting on a farang being robbed involved a very large safe that was evidently wheeled off between 3-6AM, taken down the road, broken into and looted.. Having a large seemingly difficult to move safe doesn't guarantee anything... The thieves outlined in the article seemed to have the same modus operandi.. Could be they were excellent readers of people's actions and seeing a Farang-Thai couple coming out of the baggage claim area with the wife clutching a huge bag perhaps was a good tell...
Dave

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 15, 2015, 10:26 am

Apparently police are looking for further gang members that operated out of Bangkok airport including one who sold food, who observed the arriving farangs, then notified other gang members operating in Issan of which flights they were onward travelling on .So they were marked before boarding the domestic flight .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » August 15, 2015, 11:14 am

Trubrit while what you describe might be plausible, it also seems rather far fetched to make something like that work. Will be interesting to see the denouement on this one.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 15, 2015, 12:18 pm

rct wrote:Trubrit while what you describe might be plausible, it also seems rather far fetched to make something like that work. Will be interesting to see the denouement on this one.
I don't have any information on the workings, other than what I previously wrote, just simply reporting on ongoing police investigations and now further arrests.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » August 16, 2015, 3:43 pm

May also be plausible,as mentioned 6 bahts worth of gold,could the wife have been wearing all that bahts worth while travelling :-k

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » August 17, 2015, 9:54 am

Interesting, Udon Thani airport mentioned

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/6 ... -northeast

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 17, 2015, 5:23 pm

Right, we better read up on counter-surveillance before going through Udon Airport. Next time I meet a former MI 5 or 6 officer in an Udon bar, I'll ask for some real life tips. Oddly I don't tend to run into blokes with these sorts of occupational histories in Auckland.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » August 17, 2015, 5:28 pm

That's because their all in Udon 8)

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 17, 2015, 9:07 pm

Aardvark wrote:That's because their all in Udon 8)
There's A Few in Nong Khai Too, Mark.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Udon Thani News”