Nongkai Highway Speed Check

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 25, 2016, 7:51 pm

There's a new speed check area between kilo 485-494 on the Udon-Nongkai Hwy, in the vicinity of Naka. Speeds will be displayed overhead....and cameras will record those violating the speed limit.....90kph for private vehicles, 80 for transportation vehicles, and 60kph for trailers. The area is undergoing tests, but speeds will be enforced once completed.
https://www.facebook.com/Home-News-172001899544472/

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » February 25, 2016, 9:27 pm

Wish I bad brought my radar detector with me when I moved here, anyone seen any for sale?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 25, 2016, 9:28 pm

They'll CLEAN Up on the fines there.....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 25, 2016, 9:30 pm

kubotatim wrote:Wish I bad brought my radar detector with me when I moved here, anyone seen any for sale?
Some Sat Navs have them pre-set & Will Ding a warning when you approach a speed camera / check...

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 25, 2016, 10:54 pm

one on the way out of nong khai too, spotted them both on sunday, not activated yet... speed said 000
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » February 26, 2016, 2:02 am

Still gonna do 140-160 if there's nothing on the road ahead. :badteeth:
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 26, 2016, 6:37 am

About bloody time in my book while trundling along at 100, being passed by a coach doing at least 10-20 kph more is scary, considering the quality of most coach drivers.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 26, 2016, 7:04 am

I remember when they built that highway and it was a pleasure to drive between Nong Khai & Udon. I travel that road every day and recently there are more & more accidents. Yesterday I sat and watched the part of the road where the speed cameras are and it didn't deter any driver from speeding!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 26, 2016, 9:28 am

Twood appear these fixed speed check areas are becoming more n more prevalent , did a full lap of the Udon ring rd , Nong Khai and KK out doing deliveries yesterday there were stop n check points everywhere ... all busy .

Whilst Udon still suffers from red light jumpers and general road chaos i must say in KK it seems way better , the new 80 km max speed limit with hundreds of signs and cameras on the main highway thru the city are working as i didnt see any one speeding within that zone , also signs in KK stating red light jumping cameras at road intersections / traffic light signals with fixed penalty posted fines also seems to be working.

Agree totally with KP on this one .. when driving to Bkk i trott along at a steady 80-100 max then like a flash a fully loaded tour bus screams past doing 120-140 swaying all over the place ...no wonder so many of these things end up smashed up roadside.

Last trip to Bkk i did manage to get a 200 bt fine ... not a first but a bit of a sneaky one by the BIB as our truck is fully legal licensed as a delivery vehicle , tax papers all in order , drivers license all docs produced ...the killer blow being the truck log book said the truck is white colour which it is BUT the ""rear box cover has many colours the officer smiled"" and rather than an ensuing argument i gave him the 4 quid he asked for .

IMO the road conditions in general are very good here ,,, the other question is do members think things on the road are improving here , such as the perminent speed check areas ? ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 26, 2016, 11:38 am

face it jon, if they pull you over they will find any ridiculous reason to fine you ."where you come from "..."England"..."ok 200 baht" :? . well hopefully the cameras will end up saving lives. kk is turning into a much safer place to drive for sure
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

reddevil
udonmap.com

Post by reddevil » February 26, 2016, 6:46 pm

747man wrote:
kubotatim wrote:Wish I bad brought my radar detector with me when I moved here, anyone seen any for sale?
Some Sat Navs have them pre-set & Will Ding a warning when you approach a speed camera / check...
Not in Thailand

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » February 26, 2016, 11:29 pm

Speed cameras have never saved any lives, a total political lie, just cash generators.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » February 27, 2016, 5:38 am

I presume you've got accurate statistics from locations of before and after locations to support this not just in Thailand but from, the UK, for example as well. I think you may find different results for example;

The UK safety camera programme was launched in April 2000. Eight regional partnerships in the UK piloted the system, over two years.

The results of the national pilot after 2 years showed:

• a 35% reduction in people killed or seriously injured at sites with cameras.
• a 14% reduction in personal injury accidents
• a 56% reduction in number of pedestrians being killed or seriously injured at sites with cameras.
• average speed at all camera sites fell by 10% or 3.7mph
• the number of vehicles speeding at camera sites dropped by 67%
• 80% of people surveyed in the pilot areas agreed that cameras are meant to encourage drivers to keep to the speed limit, not to punish
them
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 27, 2016, 5:48 am

I have to agree even as an ex-plod, speed cameras per se do not really deter the hardened speeder. In the UK they were initially set up at dangerous places , and they worked generally but then Councils saw them as a cash cow and their use was abused to the extent, that people ignored them and as nearly 20-30 per cent never worked they became redundant. They worked on motorways and with the later ones actrually showing photgraphs of driver and passenger they did in fact to my knowledge became evidence in many a divorce.
having said all that here as DM has stated it is safer driving in KK then Udon, here the mentality is ignore all driving laws, be they red lights or even speed, I am as guilty as many , speeding the slow Thai drivers who seem incapable to doing two things at the same time, turning and keeping a good speed as well as pulling off at 2 miles and hour forgetting they do actually have an accelerator is mind numbing.
It would be interesting to see how many lorries buses and these pesky mini-vans get fined, I would suggest the Sakon nakhon Road about KM 7/8 from the town, they could fund the entire RTP for a month on one days fines here.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » February 27, 2016, 6:48 am

I worked very closely with the London speed camera guys, installing thousands for them and they never saved lives it is a total political lie with invented statistics just to rip the drivers off. typical uk.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » February 27, 2016, 7:04 am

Australia is no different is probably one of their best revenue raisers.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 27, 2016, 7:24 am

kubotatim wrote:I worked very closely with the London speed camera guys, installing thousands for them and they never saved lives it is a total political lie with invented statistics just to rip the drivers off. typical uk.
I thought you actually had a company that installed them mykthemin ? those average speed cameras are all over Peterborough, hardly any police on the roads there now days, they pick you up on one camera ,you drive 5 miles and if you reach the next one too quick they work out you must have been speeding in between, bingo there's a ticket. I suppose the moral is just don't break the law

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » February 27, 2016, 9:15 am

Can't you read?

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » February 27, 2016, 9:26 am

Khun Paul wrote:It would be interesting to see how many lorries buses and these pesky mini-vans get fined, I would suggest the Sakon nakhon Road about KM 7/8 from the town, they could fund the entire RTP for a month on one days fines here.
This is last 24 hours Sakhon Nakhon Highway 22 about 9/10 km from Udon. Traffic both in and out from Udon. All traffic goes under 90 km/h and most of the traffic under 80 km/h. If overspeeding here, a ticket would be send.
Attachments
Sakhon Nakhon.png

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 27, 2016, 1:47 pm

I would much prefer driving in a country where the road rules are enforced then one where they're not. I've seen the cops by the Nadi Big C pull over countless vehicles for running a red light or without current vehicle registration.....not to mention the motorcyclists without helmets. Where's the money go? I don't really care. I never asked a state trooper in Texas where the $240+ dollars for speeding goes either.

Return to “Udon Thani News”