Annual Tungsri Muang festival.

Udon Thani news, views and comments
trubrit
udonmap.com

Annual Tungsri Muang festival.

Post by trubrit » January 21, 2017, 4:37 pm

The normal funfair held at Tungsri Muang each year has been, due to the period of mourning, been rebranded this year to GMS Fabric Expo2017. The funfair aspect has been replaced by an emphasis on Thai fabrics including silk.It will run from the 15th till 25th Feb. There will still be lots of entertainment in the evening each day.
S__6193160.jpg[/attachmen [attachment=1]S__6193161.jpg
S__8560959.jpg
Attachments
S__6193161.jpg
S__6193160.jpg

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

mak
udonmap.com

Re: Annual Tungsri Muang festival.

Post by mak » November 26, 2022, 9:30 am

Looks like it has started (maybe unofficially). OTOP is open.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 26, 2022, 9:41 am

If you're not planning on going, best to preplan any trips to avoid the traffic around that immediate area.
Attachments
pix2vcnt423.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 26, 2022, 11:20 am

..and go the last weekend as the vendors don't want to repack their junk and there are bargains galore (if you are into junk).
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 26, 2022, 12:11 pm

tamada wrote:
November 26, 2022, 11:20 am
..and go the last weekend as the vendors don't want to repack their junk and there are bargains galore (if you are into junk).
Also lots of wooden things , plants and food poisoning ... avoid the late night concerts as it kicks off every night both on site and on the journey home , usually see fisty cuffs at the AP/RR junction a few times a fav spot for rival gangs to meet up.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » November 26, 2022, 4:13 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 26, 2022, 12:11 pm
tamada wrote:
November 26, 2022, 11:20 am
Also lots of wooden things , plants and food poisoning ... avoid the late night concerts as it kicks off every night both on site and on the journey home , usually see fisty cuffs at the AP/RR junction a few times a fav spot for rival gangs to meet up.
Never ever seen any trouble there,It is actually well policed and alchohol is banned .My wife has worked on the Red Cross stand for many years now and I wouldn'tl let her do that if I thought for one minute she would experience any problems. I admit the concerts are a bit noisy and not my cup of tea but they are much later when people my age are safely tucked up in bed .Please go it is the result of a lot of hard work by many volunteers and it is the main source of income for the Red Cross to fund their numerous good work in the local community for the coming year.There are many good prizes on the raffle stall including several motor bikes and I think even a car but I can't confirm the latter right now, tickets are from just 20baht each and you might be lucky, som eone has to be and if your not you will know you have donated to a worthwhile cause .Starts 1st Dec withthe usual Chinese prarade around town so traffic will be disrupted around town on that day, so best avoided unless you want to look at it .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 29, 2022, 3:02 pm

If you're interested in seeing the parade, or if you're interested in avoided traffic tieups caused by the parade:
It's due to start at 2PM on 1 Dec, from Rahjapat University....follow the red arrows.

The route begins from Thahan Road, Rajabhat University > Statue Circle > Fountain Circle > Clock Circle Prajak Road => Si Phra Thammakhan Intersection Turn right into Mak Khaeng Rd. => Next to Udon Thani Municipality Office => Turn left into Attibodi Rd. => Udon Thani City Hall and entered the ceremony hall at Thung Si Mueang Udon Thani Stadium
Attachments
317711546_604545014903904_5516078470052988983_n.jpg

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 7, 2022, 4:29 pm

Can confirm there is not just one car on offer but a second prize of a new pickup as well, after that numerous prizes of Thai gold chains. tickets are 100 baht each and draw for winner takes place the last day of the fair 12th. Come on get yourself a couple of tickets you may win , someones got to, and I'm sure my wife will be happy to see you.All takings go to thenumerous good causes the Red Cross supports around the area
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » December 12, 2022, 3:28 pm

The family have been several times now with cousins, friends, etc and are really enjoying it and the Raffle.

So far they have won tins of fish, mama noodles, fish sauce and some flavoured milk. Hoping for a Car and Gold Chain on there next visit!!

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 12, 2022, 4:13 pm

deankham wrote:
December 12, 2022, 3:28 pm
The family have been several times now with cousins, friends, etc and are really enjoying it and the Raffle.

So far they have won tins of fish, mama noodles, fish sauce and some flavoured milk. Hoping for a Car and Gold Chain on there next visit!!
Glad your family enjoyed the fair, the winners of the car and associated goodies are being drawn tonight just before the fair closes at midnight, fingers crossed.Winning numbers will be published on line.
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

Return to “Udon Thani News”