2 Locals killed in RTA involving foreigner

Udon Thani news, views and comments
Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: 2 Local kids killed in RTA involving foreigner

Post by Marcosteffano » June 22, 2017, 12:43 pm

Maybe he crashed into the scooter first and a copper run over and shot out the tyre to stop him fleeing the scene.ive watched a few vids of the boys in blue trying to shoot and think they need to go visit speck savers especially on a fast moving vehicle.a friend of mine stays at bb resort and he told of the nutter running around with a knife so maybe he's related the chopper Reid.the man sounds like a right nasty piece of work with a mental instability problem.all this has come about because he's probably clipped mirrors with another car.anyway god bless all the family and I hope they get good compo for this rotten event.reading Thai visa and it there's some crazy amount of keyboard detectives on this case with some right old theories.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 22, 2017, 12:54 pm

"Let the cops do their jobs"

well said tamada ........... their job is to PROTECT THE PUBLIC, so if going in all guns blazing endangers members of the public ....... they shouldn't do it, if giving chase to someone they can arrest without a chase endangers members of the public ........they shouldn't do it ........ firing a weapon at an unarmed person /vehicle ..... they shouldn't do it.

Would have thought if someone is "unstable" in their mind and the doctors/authorities know this, he should have had his driving license revoked/temp suspended BEFORE he can cause a problem.

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » June 22, 2017, 1:04 pm

Starts having his licence revoked is NOT going to stop him driving...if he is the 'nutter' he is being made out to be then I am sure he does not give a damn about the law...nor about harming others...
We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing......"George Bernard Shaw"...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 22, 2017, 1:26 pm

"Starts having his licence revoked is NOT going to stop him driving...if he is the 'nutter' he is being made out to be then I am sure he does not give a damn about the law...nor about harming others..."

But if it were revoked due to medical reasons and his car was impounded or he was forced to sell it, he wouldn't have had a car to drive.

If, as has been stated earlier in the thread, he is known to the BIB, and has been arrested for making injury/death threats to innocent members of the public, can someone please explain to me why he was not deported after that incident, as it is (slightly?) more dangerous than an overstay which can get you deported.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 22, 2017, 1:28 pm

I've just watched the cctv footage of the Aussie guy killing the people on the motorbike. The reason he hits them in the first place is because they are waiting on a bend which he tries to take at an alarming speed and ends up running over them. Then he revs and revs the pickup to try to roll over the people and the bike to escape and when he realises it isn't going to happen he pulls over onto the verge on the right hand side with the bike and I guess the people still under the pickup. It then looks like he tries to pull away again and as far as I can tell, it's only then do the police shoot out his tyres and pull him from the vehicle. The police acted appropriately IMO and the guy deserves to spend a long time in prison, all he cared about was escaping. I'm not going to put the footage up on here, I don't think it's appropriate to do so but it's doing the rounds and other people must make that judgement for themselves.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » June 22, 2017, 1:38 pm

Thank you for that Vince...now it may put an end to all the speculation and 'if's' etc...your description of what happened is horrendous. ..no one can defend this man for his actions on the day...a very long term in a Thai prison is even too good for him...
We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing......"George Bernard Shaw"...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 22, 2017, 2:13 pm

nmcd/vince, I don't think anyone would try to defend the actions of the driver, or in fact anyone would want to (apart from a paid lawyer). Unfortunately a series of events led to the death of innocent people. Nobody can bring them back, but the least that can be done is to learn lessons from the incident so as it does not get repeated at a later date.
Many questions have to be asked and answered .....

Why was he still able to drive with an "unstabalising" mental illness?
Why was he not deported before?
Why did the police need to chase a vehicle through a crowded town for a minor road accident?
Why on earth did a police officer need to shoot a bullet (which could have ricochet in any direction) into a stationary vehicle that was not moving anywhere fast?
These and many more have to be openly answered and not swept under a carpet on payment of a few thousand Baht

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 22, 2017, 2:46 pm

I can answer just one of those questions, the bullet was fired to take out the tyres to prevent him driving off again, he was certainly trying to give it another go, he didn't care who was under his wheels. IMHO the policeman acted entirely correctly and followed the same practice as they would in the States to immobilise the car. In any case, where he took the shot wasn't really near any of the public.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 22, 2017, 2:52 pm

On our way back from Makro today, I was thinking about how in the 20 years we've been here, I've never seen a police car/bike giving chase. I've been at a red light with a cop alongside me and see someone go through the red light....the police ignore it.
Besides the tragedy of the accident, the community will likely never know the details.....what exactly happened at the scene of the minor accident, were words or other actions exchanged, along with the details of what happened with the police shootout of the tires and the tragic accident itself. There's rarely any followup reporting in the press on these things....except in the very high profile cases. Without the details, all our thoughts are pretty much speculation.
So, sure enough, just as I'm thinking about the accident, we pass AEK and there are 2 police on the side of the road, I assume looking for traffic violators. And along with the 2, another police sitting on one of the higher powered police motorbikes, looking like he was ready to chase down the next violator who didn't stop (the police generally have little mercy for motorcyclists who try to escape the cop standing in the middle of the road.)
t.i.t.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 22, 2017, 5:54 pm

At least after his prison term he will speak perfect ladyboy Thai!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 22, 2017, 6:03 pm

Trouble is, after talking to a few Thai, if he can "prove" he's a nut job and has enough money, he can buy his way out of it if the husband accepts the blood money offer, apparently he will be deported after, it doesn't seem right, but who are we to judge Thai law?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 22, 2017, 6:16 pm

Either way the wife & kids will not be returned to him so ..... If he doesn't accept it he will be poor and having to work everyday, if he accepts he will be comfortable, have loads of mates to drink with, and plenty of applicants to fill the "wife" duties. If he's got money there's no need for the kids as he will provide for himself in old age ...... it's a whole different way of thinking to us vince

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 22, 2017, 6:31 pm

If you see the way that b*****d runs them over then keeps trying to roll over them so he can escape it will definitely convince you he should never be free, ever, and the thought that daddy is kept comfortable for the rest of his days without justice being meted sort of makes me feel a bit ill to be honest, I really try not to judge Thai laws, as an outsider I don't feel it's my place but in this instance I hope they kill him.

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » June 22, 2017, 6:46 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 22, 2017, 6:31 pm
If you see the way that b*****d runs them over then keeps trying to roll over them so he can escape it will definitely convince you he should never be free, ever, and the thought that daddy is kept comfortable for the rest of his days without justice being meted sort of makes me feel a bit ill to be honest, I really try not to judge Thai laws, as an outsider I don't feel it's my place but in this instance I hope they kill him.
I have not seen the video Vince, but if as you have described I am with you 101%.
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

tonytuy2005
udonmap.com

Post by tonytuy2005 » June 22, 2017, 7:22 pm

who is the guys from Tontan place ?? Farang ??
jimjay wrote:
June 21, 2017, 2:51 pm
Our relatives in Bangkok saw this on the news. It's gone national.

My wife says the deceased are the wife and nephew of a security guard at UD Town.

He heard the commotion and went to check, only to discover it was his wife, nephew and son laid out.

What a terrible tragedy.

If the perpetrator would have STOPPED and dealt with the issue when he clipped the car at Central this could have all been avoided.

No sense trying to blame the cop that took up the chase.

The perpetrator obviously had a criminal mindset from start to finish. It took his tire being shot out to stop him. A bike dragging underneath wasn't enough.

To escape he would have killed many others.

It'll take months of not years for locals to scrub their already low opinions. :(

Another long stay expat fleeing a crime by all means necessary, just like the one from TON TAN Place who clipped those motorbike riders and was aided and abetted in his quick escape from Udon / Thailand.

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » June 22, 2017, 7:32 pm

tonytuy2005 wrote:
June 22, 2017, 7:22 pm
who is the guys from Tontan place ?? Farang ??

https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/45101-ud ... ped-wanted
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 22, 2017, 7:35 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 22, 2017, 6:31 pm
Vince, I have looked all over the web and can't find that CCTV footage. Can you post a link to it here, but if you prefer not to, then could you send me a PM with the link?

Thanks, Semper
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 22, 2017, 8:34 pm

Sorry, I think it's inappropriate.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » June 22, 2017, 8:51 pm

If you think it's inappropriate to post the link then it was equally inappropriate to provide the description that you did.
There are already links in this thread to horrific photos of the accident. If your going to add fuel to the fire here by making statements like "If you see the way that b*****d runs them over then keeps trying to roll over them..." then please back up your statement with fact and post the link.
UFF DA!

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » June 22, 2017, 9:01 pm

Jello AGREE
But I do not want to see This Link as I hope we are not TMC, Hiraldo, Jerry Springer or any of those other trash shows or media

Return to “Udon Thani News”