2 Locals killed in RTA involving foreigner

Udon Thani news, views and comments
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: 2 Local kids killed in RTA involving foreigner

Post by vincemunday » June 22, 2017, 9:04 pm

Knowing some of the members on here I had already sent the link to Paul at Udon Map, he can make that call, I personally don't think it's right to post the video on here. The video is quite graphic and I definitely won't be posting it.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » June 22, 2017, 9:32 pm

Didn't ask you to post a video. Asked for the link. Bad enough that he hit and killed an innocent woman and child, now your suggesting that he backed-up over the victims. That would be the difference between a Involuntary manslaughter and murder charge.
A serious accusation to make if you don't have proof.
UFF DA!

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » June 22, 2017, 9:38 pm

I think the argument about honour and integrity vs. the truth can certainly be had.

I don't post / embed the video itself. I post the link to it (see below) because I hold the TRUTH more important than the other factors cited.

And the truth I'd like to point out here is that the first seconds of the video show the mother cut right in front of the speeding truck. She came from the partially developed lot area, and into the road, and her gamble in darting out with that much weight on the bike cost her and her child's life. How terribly the pickup truck driver then handled it is clear to all of us. He was going at an irresponsible rate of speed and did not stick to his lane. Note there is no police bike in hot pursuit behind the truck, they arrive later and from another direction.

I post this link to point out where two people were at fault, albeit in different ways, that when put together spelled tragedy this town won't be forgetting any time soon. I feel this truth is more important than anything else in the weighing of who was at fault and how.

To Thais who hate farangs now, if they saw her cut in front they might think twice. Some will some won't. My wife did and so have her friends. Locals are viewing this and going "oh crap, she cut right in front with two kids on." It in no way excuses what he did but it informs any grown-up person's view of the situation. Two wrongs occurred simultaneously. The truth is revealed in the video. That means something. I'd never embed this video though as yes even I think that's a bit overboard. The link should be enough.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1472697 ... 487581485/
Last edited by jimjay on June 22, 2017, 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » June 22, 2017, 9:45 pm

Thanks for the response jimjay. The still photos were bad enough so I'll take your word for it.
UFF DA!

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » June 22, 2017, 9:58 pm

Jello wrote:
June 22, 2017, 9:45 pm
Thanks for the response jimjay. The still photos were bad enough so I'll take your word for it.
The video is shot from very far away, like a hundred meters.

I think he gets a murder charge because even though she darted out in front, upon hitting them, he came to a momentary halt, then immediately speed up again with the bike under. Perhaps the murder charge warranted is not the most severe type.

I don't know what the types are.

Involuntary manslaughter upon killing the mother and murder for then hitting the gas and continuing onward / escape which wrought added / fatal trauma to one or both of the two other passengers.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 22, 2017, 11:07 pm

It looks like the woman on the bike crossed in front of the truck, that was her fault unless he was going way over the speed limit. As far as moving the truck he may have just wanted to get off the road and probably was in shock at the time and not thinking clearly. If he was drunk it won't help his case either. Now if he was related to the Red Bull family he would be fine.

magpie73
udonmap.com

Post by magpie73 » June 23, 2017, 12:25 am

throw the book at him as he's coming down the road he's kicking up some dust way over the speed limit in a built up area the fcuking retch rip to the mother and child

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 23, 2017, 1:45 am

magpie73 wrote:
June 23, 2017, 12:25 am
throw the book at him as he's coming down the road he's kicking up some dust way over the speed limit in a built up area the fcuking retch rip to the mother and child
From what I can see he was not going faster than the scooters travelling in the opposite direction before the accident and I do not know what the speed limit is there as well, do you? I am not saying he is 100% innocent because I do not know all the facts but I am surprised by how some of you act like a pack of wild dogs ready to pounce on someone when they are down. The truth is that even if he was going slower and that woman crossed in front of him at the last second like that she would have been hit. I have personally had Thais do similar to me with scooters and vehicles many times, it seems like they think if they don't look at you are not there.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » June 23, 2017, 2:48 am

He was driving way too fast, you can see him swerving in front of a bike further up the road, if he was going at the correct speed limit or slower he may have had a chance to swerve or brake hard and miss the biker but at this speed there was no chance, the biker has probably pulled of a similar move hundreds of times and didn't expect the pick up to be moving at such speed.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 23, 2017, 4:30 am

Anyone here read Thai, it would be interesting to know what's the concensus on the comments made on the facebook video.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » June 23, 2017, 7:47 am

jai yen yen wrote:
June 23, 2017, 1:45 am
magpie73 wrote:
June 23, 2017, 12:25 am
From what I can see he was not going faster than the scooters travelling in the opposite direction before the accident and I do not know what the speed limit is there as well, do you? I am not saying he is 100% innocent because I do not know all the facts but I am surprised by how some of you act like a pack of wild dogs ready to pounce on someone when they are down. The truth is that even if he was going slower and that woman crossed in front of him at the last second like that she would have been hit. I have personally had Thais do similar to me with scooters and vehicles many times, it seems like they think if they don't look at you are not there.
I'm not making any judgement yet, and am willing to listen to all the evidence,but at the moment the only thing that matters to me if he was drunk over the limit,if this is the case then he has no argument ,he certainly won't be the last selfish ***** to jump into a car after drinking and destroy the lives of families,if you need any more proof just turn on ch7
News every morning.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 23, 2017, 8:41 am

Yes, I'm with you Chuchi, you see it here all the time, selfish pricks who think they are fine to drink and drive, add a few drugs to the equation and you have a potential horror story.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » June 23, 2017, 8:58 am

I reckon I could easily be involved in several accidents just running my children to school every morning. People rarely follow road rules, ignore pedestrian crossings and don't wear helmets. I've stopped to block zebra crossings to allow children to cross the road safely only to have motor bikes shoot through the gap and nearly run the kids over. The point is you have to expect the unexpected driving over here especially around school times and you drive appropriately to have a reaction time that will hopefully allow you to avoid any accidents. Drink driving or mixing medication with alcohol is definately going to effect reaction times so if is what he's done he should have to pay the price. Tuk tuks and a room in a hotel aren't expensive so use one.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » June 23, 2017, 9:25 am

Neut
On the Facebook page to translate Thai to English they have a translation button on each comment

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » June 23, 2017, 10:11 am

grievous wrote:
June 23, 2017, 8:58 am
I reckon I could easily be involved in several accidents just running my children to school every morning. People rarely follow road rules, ignore pedestrian crossings and don't wear helmets. I've stopped to block zebra crossings to allow children to cross the road safely only to have motor bikes shoot through the gap and nearly run the kids over. The point is you have to expect the unexpected driving over here especially around school times and you drive appropriately to have a reaction time that will hopefully allow you to avoid any accidents. Drink driving or mixing medication with alcohol is definately going to effect reaction times so if is what he's done he should have to pay the price. Tuk tuks and a room in a hotel aren't expensive so use one.
Totally agree with the above,I couldn't have written your experience of the school run any better.

Jello
udonmap.com

Blood group A donations needed Re: 2 Local kids killed in RTA involving foreigner

Post by Jello » June 23, 2017, 10:13 am

Blood group A donations needed for the victim of this accident.
I don't know what hospital he's in, probably the Government hospital by Nong Prajak.
Give if you can.
UDON THANI: -- An appeal for blood has been made on Facebook for a 15 year old boy who remains in a critical condition in hospital in Udon Thani.

Wacharaphon Naononthong, 15, was the only one of three who survived when an Australian man driving a pick-up hit him as he rode home after being picked up from school.

"Worawut Lakchan" appealed for donations of blood group A.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/98 ... n-in-udon/
UFF DA!

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » June 23, 2017, 10:24 am

I would like to donate blood.Can someone confirm where and if the process is easy?
Thanks.
Voiceover for hire.

Jello
udonmap.com

Blood group A donations needed Re: 2 Local kids killed in RTA involving foreigner

Post by Jello » June 23, 2017, 10:53 am

Couldn't find a local # for the Thai Red Cross, this is the Bangkok #: 02 713 6793
I believe you need to be under 60 yo.

If your blood group A, I would go into any hospital and tell them who you want to donate too (Wacharaphon Naononthong, 15 yo boy, recent road accident victim). Sorry I don't have any more info.
UFF DA!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 23, 2017, 11:06 am

Raoul Duke wrote:
June 23, 2017, 10:24 am
I would like to donate blood.Can someone confirm where and if the process is easy?
Thanks.
in this instance go straight to the hospital and donate. Easy all you do is lay there , the nurse does the rest. 10 minutes resting with a sweet drink and a biscuit and your on your feet again, some people experience slight dizziness for a few minutes but no pain at all .good luck.
I should add the response has been enormous but I am sure further donations would be welcome .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 23, 2017, 11:21 am

A friend who is not a UM member asked me to post this for him .....

"I AM "A rhesus Negative - geno -type". Makes me of particular value to pregnant women in accidents. (UK blood donor for 30 years, Bone Marrow 3 times as part of Anthony Nolan Trust).

We need to narrow down WHICH they want for the boy."

Anyone know any further info

Return to “Udon Thani News”