Udon to have it's first 5* hotel .

Udon Thani news, views and comments
trubrit
udonmap.com

Udon to have it's first 5* hotel .

Post by trubrit » April 12, 2018, 9:42 am

Found out yesterday that on Thanan Wattana right opposite the road with Sawang Daeng there is to be what is claimed to be Issans first Internationally rated 5 star hotel. With the purchase, just completed of three adjoining properties including my hairdresser for 35 million baht, bringing a spend on land alone to over 300 million. The transaction was in a holding company name so I can't determine what hotel chain it is but it is said to be a major international chain already established in Bangkok and elsewhere around Thailand . Completion is expected to be in 2 years .
A sure vote for an upmarket expansion of our city .

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

rct
udonmap.com

Re: Udon to have it's first 5* hotel .

Post by rct » April 12, 2018, 9:59 am

Would love to see verification of this, eg in a press release or news link of some sort.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 12, 2018, 10:20 am

rct wrote:
April 12, 2018, 9:59 am
Would love to see verification of this, eg in a press release or news link of some sort.
Posted before..
topic46940.html

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » April 12, 2018, 3:40 pm

The facebook link does not seem to verify anything as far as I can tell. The previous thread only shows a discussion, not verification. Parrot is consistently an accurate source, so perhaps he can post another link to this news? I googled "skyscraper city kantary udon" etc and came up empty handed.

By the way, on Udonmap last year there was a 4 meter wide shophouse for sale very near there virtually facing the Centara, next to the duck shop, and as of 2 weeks ago it was still for sale. Somebody might want to grab it now!!!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 13, 2018, 5:57 am

rct wrote:
April 12, 2018, 3:40 pm
The facebook link does not seem to verify anything as far as I can tell. The previous thread only shows a discussion, not verification. Parrot is consistently an accurate source, so perhaps he can post another link to this news? I googled "skyscraper city kantary udon" etc and came up empty handed.

By the way, on Udonmap last year there was a 4 meter wide shophouse for sale very near there virtually facing the Centara, next to the duck shop, and as of 2 weeks ago it was still for sale. Somebody might want to grab it now!!!
As I said in my opening post, the land has been bought by a holding company ,this can be verified by anyone, as I did, by looking at the register in the land office .No I didn't have any special privilege, it's open to all. However who they are acting for, or they may be associated with , is not yet known,certainly not by me .I had previously seen the link BH posted and like you cannot see where that info has come from or even who the poster was to gain that knowledge, at the time it wasn't even known to those in higher authority in Udon that surely would have known, so I chose to ignore it, in line with most rumours that float around generally , not just on this forum .My interest this time was stirred by my hairdresser telling me he is moving as they have sold the premises, I don't make a habit of sniffing around the land office .'So I reiterate, what group is opening a hotel here is not yet known, to me anyway, simply that there is a lot of money involved and it is" Rumored" to be a 5* establishment .I will however post as soon as I do. Be interesting if it is the one already mentioned :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 1, 2018, 5:13 pm

On the subject of new hotels, as you're heading from the statue to the fountain circle.....turn left at the center of the circle.......the Civilize Hotel is apparently open for business. As with most all new hotels in town, they look great when they first open.
https://www.facebook.com/civilizehotel/

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » May 1, 2018, 5:51 pm

If you click on the link in the preceding post you will be directed to a Facebook page with a photograph taken from what looks like a hotel room...and looking out of the window you will see a Bangkok skyline. So if you were able to look in the other direction you might see palm trees, golden sands, and mountains.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 1, 2018, 5:53 pm

caducus wrote:
May 1, 2018, 5:51 pm
If you click on the link in the preceding post you will be directed to a Facebook page with a photograph taken from what looks like a hotel room...and looking out of the window you will see a Bangkok skyline. So if you were able to look in the other direction you might see palm trees, golden sands, and mountains.
I saw that! Reminded me of some of the early adverts for the condos that were built around Udon.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 1, 2018, 7:46 pm

for any old timers the hotel was built off Ha Yak circle where the old Sri Udorn movie theater was located many years ago..
Dave

Return to “Udon Thani News”