Nonghan Accident

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Nonghan Accident

Post by parrot » May 6, 2018, 4:47 pm

There are far too many local accidents in the local news to report here....but an accident on the Nonghan-Phen road deserves mentioning. Around 5pm on 5 May a 15 year old boy, driving a Honda sedan, hit a tree on the side of the road. His 12 year old passenger later died in Udon Hospital.
Police are investigating.
https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1274076

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Nonghan Accident

Post by parrot » May 7, 2018, 2:46 pm

The link below has a bevy of accident stats for Udon and surrounding areas. Comparative charts for the current year and 5 years previous. Nonghan came out on top with deaths from accidents in the previous year. Nonghan had 3 deaths in the first 5 days of May. ChaiYuan (ไชยวาน) which is the area immediately next to Nonghan (on the way to Sakon Nakhon) is at the top of the death list.....followed closely by Nonghan.
Lots of data.....for anyone who might be interested in such things. Not so many years ago, stats like these were (seemingly) treated as state secrets.....but just like back in Taksin days, every province wanted to be noted for having the cleanest bathrooms, today, areas compete for having the lowest (or, is it the highest??) accident/death rates.
https://udon-today.com/2018/05/07/610507/

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Nonghan Accident

Post by Lone Star » May 7, 2018, 4:13 pm

I've driven and ridden all over this Kingdom. I've always said that Hwy 22 to Sakhon Nakhon is on of the most dangerous in Thailand -- and not because of road conditions. On the 2-lane stretches, many drivers have no regard for oncoming traffic. They just pull out and signal "I'm going to run over you" with their headlights flashing. Add the fact that the shoulders and scooter lanes are extremely narrow in many places, and the risks double.

There are rude drivers everywhere, but I've never seen so many willing to put so many lives at risk on Hwy 22.

Now I have some stats to back up my beliefs. Thanks, parrot.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Return to “Udon Thani News”