500 Protest against Proposed Biomass Plant

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

500 Protest against Proposed Biomass Plant

Post by parrot » July 2, 2018, 4:54 pm

More than 500 villagers voiced their concerns and protest against a proposed biomass plant along the Udon-Nonghan Hwy (about 2/3 to Nonghan) in Ban Pa Kao (บ้านป่าก้าว). Similar protests were held in Srisaket against a proposed biomass plant there.
https://udon-today.com/2018/07/02/610702/

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: 500 Protest against Proposed Biomass Plant

Post by glalt » July 2, 2018, 6:56 pm

Good example of short sightedness. Is it better to dump it in the Gulf of Thailand? Or maybe bury it and allow it to create methane? Properly designed biomass burning is clean safe and beneficial by creating electricity.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » July 2, 2018, 7:06 pm

The village mentality strikes again. Much better to just dump it along the roadsides like they do now. Totally irresponsible people when it comes to dealing with trash.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 2, 2018, 8:29 pm

hmm.. must be a new one being built. I haven't seen anybody protesting Borisat Bua SomMai BioMass Limited which is located about 7km east of the Ring Road off Rte 22. Its been operational for near four years I'd say. The only person I've spoken too that has a beef with it is the German fellow who runs a hotel/resort right behind it.. The fellow built a 25-30 meter hill to block views of the very large biomass storage sheds and power house.. These protesters should be picketing the Rubber Ag factory that's about 5km further east down Rte 22 that regularly stinks up kilometers of air...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Udon+ ... 02.7872325
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 2, 2018, 8:31 pm

Oh, and our place is perhaps 4km west as the crow flies of the SomMai Biomass plant. I've never ever seen any smoke coming out of the area or stench from them running it.. Funny thing though, there don't seem to be any large high tension lines exiting the plant just normal large lines you see interconnecting villages..
Dave

Return to “Udon Thani News”