Bangkok Hospital Addition

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Bangkok Hospital Addition

Post by parrot » September 23, 2019, 5:24 pm

Bangkok Hospital, Udon, is slated to build a 723million Baht addition. Due to open in 2565. GBATT
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Bangkok Hospital Addition

Post by Doodoo » September 23, 2019, 5:43 pm

The Medical system must be paying very well

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 23, 2019, 5:47 pm

They're calculating in the inflated price of fees to foreigners. Of course, those same foreigners will be treated and cared for in the barn out back. Ahhh paradise.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 23, 2019, 7:22 pm

I'd say a decent portion of their income comes from Lao folk.. That's a sad commentary on the inability of the kleptocratic Lao politburo to get decent care up there..
Dave

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 24, 2019, 9:05 am

Who cares where the money comes from to build it. 35 million AUD is nothing. If funding for better medical facilities comes from across the Mekong, so what, actually just I time for when the new Nong khai ringroad overpass opens. Spending money in UT has to be good. I worked in Bangladesh for 18 months and travelled in and out every month. Large amounts of Bangla's flying in for medical treatment and bringing in family members with them for holidays. They came in looking sick and going home cured, a miracle, but still in wheelchairs. Bangla's are the world champs for getting on planes in wheelchairs, India a very distant 2nd. Revenue no matter from where is good, isn't it?
Now is the time to be positive in your thinking on the benefits of a major hospital expansion. Has to be a very good thing for Udon Thani.
The flow on effect for the city will be huge.
Construction activity will create employment.
Service needed to do laundry , feed and cater for the workers will bring money.
Building materials required.
Accommodation requirements will bring in money for landlords for firstly the construction teams and secondly the large amount of medical staff, cleaning staff, maintenance people required. If you have accommodation and catering abilities then get your thinking caps on now for how you can take advantage.
Latest medial equipment installed will require additional highly trained technicians in town.
Trained medical, nursing staff required to be permanently in town, maybe you have kids who can now think about a career in medicine and be able to stay home sponging off your retirement money.
I'm trying to think of a negative???? If there is one then insignificant.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 24, 2019, 1:39 pm

no reflection on Bangkok Hospital's expansion just a comment on how piss poor the medical care is up in Laos. The level of corruption is such that although Bangkok Hospital will send up teams to publicize their services here in Udon they won't be going up there to build a clinic or hospital...
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 24, 2019, 2:04 pm

I'd say the few well-to-do in Laos are lucky that there's hospital facilities so close to home. I'm guessing it'll be a while before the average joe there will be able to afford private medical care.
Back to Udon.......AEK opened around 1996, PaoLo (now Bangkok Hospital) opened a year or so after. As I get into stroke/heart attack/serious ailment years, I'm thankful for the private medical care.......as I'm personally not a fan of the general hospital or the military hospital. We all get to choose our poison, whether it's the 30 baht street food or the same food in an upscale restaurant for 5 times the price. I'm thankful that I made a choice to retire in Thailand and more thankful that Udon continues to grow and offer improvements that make travel to Bangkok (villa, hospitals, etc) all the less necessary.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 24, 2019, 2:34 pm

Panyavey, Paolo, Bangkok Hospital.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 24, 2019, 3:03 pm

mak wrote:
September 24, 2019, 2:34 pm
Panyavey, Paolo, Bangkok Hospital.
Yes, I forgot about Panyavey.

I've been impressed with the upgrades at Bangkok Hospital over the past few years......haven't gotten to use them much, but glad they're available in town.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 25, 2019, 4:09 am

I'm another who is very happy with their medical service, though to add, also happy the government is "trying" to stop the pharmaceutical rip off which I have been subject too at this hospital!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 26, 2019, 11:28 am

With Zapps Bar getting annexed by the BH's parking lot, is it safe to assume that that whole tawdry corner of Soi Samphan will soon be bulldozed into extinction like the geriatrics they serve?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 27, 2019, 9:42 am

tamada wrote:
September 26, 2019, 11:28 am
With Zapps Bar getting annexed by the BH's parking lot, is it safe to assume that that whole tawdry corner of Soi Samphan will soon be bulldozed into extinction like the geriatrics they serve?
WIn , WIn , for Udon i say .

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » September 27, 2019, 1:07 pm

I did not realise that their were some 'Peter Pans' posting on Udon Map. Those who post uncalled for and unpleasant comments about older Udon residents, because as we are all aware, Peter Pan was never to grow up. Certainly fits the description of a couple of 'posters'.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 1, 2019, 1:01 pm

joudon wrote:
September 27, 2019, 1:07 pm
I did not realise that their were some 'Peter Pans' posting on Udon Map. Those who post uncalled for and unpleasant comments about older Udon residents, because as we are all aware, Peter Pan was never to grow up. Certainly fits the description of a couple of 'posters'.
My comment was more about the Soi Sampan Peter Pan.

Ta
tam

Return to “Udon Thani News”