Udon Thani news, views and comments
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Immigration Visa Announcement

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 9, 2020, 1:46 pm

tamada wrote:
April 9, 2020, 1:23 pm
[

Worth popping by Immigration tomorrow to inquire I reckon. They may lump you in with the current 30-day 'tourist amnesty' in which case you haven't lost anything as both your current and the 'amnesty' expires the same date and there would be notification before 30 April of any rollover.

If not, they may decide to do your 60-day extension there and then which would be a bonus so make sure you bring all the paperwork and wife with you. Downside of early renewal is you lose a week? Not significant in these challenged times IMHO.
No downside to early applications unless you change the reason for the extension. Except for that case the time is always added on to the existing time. So no loss of a week.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 9, 2020, 1:48 pm

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 9, 2020, 1:53 pm

tamada wrote:
747man wrote:
April 9, 2020, 1:15 pm
tamada wrote:
April 9, 2020, 11:52 am
747man wrote:
April 9, 2020, 11:48 am
tamada wrote:
April 9, 2020, 11:15 am
747man wrote:
April 9, 2020, 10:51 am
So What Happens when my 60 Day Extension ( Based on Marriage ) Expires ?? Do I Just get Another 30 Days Automatically ??
When is it due to expire?
I Will apply for it Next Thursday & IF I Get it, It will expire on June 29th
So you haven't applied for the 60-day thingmie yet? What entitlement are you currently staying in Thailand on?
My Final 90 Day stamp in on my Non-Imm " O" Visa which was issued in Savanakhet in Febrary 2019....The Stamp Dated as of 01 Feb 2020,Permission to remain until 30 April 2020...
Worth popping by Immigration tomorrow to inquire I reckon. They may lump you in with the current 30-day 'tourist amnesty' in which case you haven't lost anything as both your current and the 'amnesty' expires the same date and there would be notification before 30 April of any rollover.

If not, they may decide to do your 60-day extension there and then which would be a bonus so make sure you bring all the paperwork and wife with you. Downside of early renewal is you lose a week? Not significant in these challenged times IMHO.
O.K Tam, We'll see what Happens......

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 9, 2020, 2:11 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 9, 2020, 1:46 pm
tamada wrote:
[

No downside to early applications unless you change the reason for the extension. Except for that case the time is always added on to the existing time. So no loss of a week.
Good point. I was thinking in terms of the holder of the multi-entry O having to time the last exit/re-entry to maximise the amount of days that the initial visa + extensions will yield.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 9, 2020, 6:22 pm

I am going to be a bugger here, IF you can read English then it is clear, so many are asking irrelevant questions before actually thinking . I understand English is not everyone's native language but it is clear, if the problems regarding the Covid and no planes and borders shut persist, even I a really thick man can see it will be further extended. Those whose Yearly visas that need extending or renewing are not as I understand included in this but check with Immigration. The exception is the 90day reporting .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 9, 2020, 6:34 pm

^ Not so many people asking questions on this thread KP. Maybe you meant to post your "bugger" post on that other, less sanguine forum?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 10, 2020, 5:53 pm

tamada wrote:
April 9, 2020, 6:34 pm
^ Not so many people asking questions on this thread KP. Maybe you meant to post your "bugger" post on that other, less sanguine forum?
Nah would not waste my time on the other forum, I would get more pleasure farting in crowded room

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 11, 2020, 6:23 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 10, 2020, 5:53 pm
tamada wrote:
Nah would not waste my time on the other forum, I would get more pleasure farting in crowded room
How do you do that if isolated ? :-k

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 11, 2020, 2:01 pm

saint wrote:
April 11, 2020, 6:23 am
Khun Paul wrote:
April 10, 2020, 5:53 pm
tamada wrote:
How do you do that if isolated ? :-k
Ha ha ha ha

Return to “Udon Thani News”