Bangkok -Udon bus crashes, 5 dead

Udon Thani news, views and comments
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Bangkok -Udon bus crashes, 5 dead

Post by tamada » April 16, 2021, 4:33 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 14, 2021, 11:33 am
Udon Map Traffic Review Board has nothing on Udon Map Air Crash Investigation Panel. Come on geezers, put on yore thinkin' caps. It had to be faulty brakes.
Looks like the official accident investigation concurs with you.

How wrong can you be, eh?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 16, 2021, 4:41 pm

24 years ago we rented a house behind the bus station that's on the ring road, just before the Ban Leuam/Phosri Rd intersection. There was a shop near there that took torn up 2 story buses and refurbished them. There was lots of hacking and slashing and welding then painting to make them look good as new. I'd doubt any sort of OSHA (haha) line of thinking goes into placement of a CNG tank here. There are plenty of songtaews plying the city streets with passengers sitting inches above an LPG/CNG tank. And many many more motorcycle delivery guys with a refilled LPG tank rubber strapped to the back of their motorcycle. On that thought, take a look at your kitchen gas tank......it should have an expiration date painted on the side........if you're lucky, yours hasn't expired. But for those who live outside the city limits, don't be surprised if your tank has gone far beyond the expiration date.
It's funny how some who dislike the idea of babysitting regulatory organizations like OSHA will point fingers at the Thai style of using rubber bands and bamboo ladders to fix problems.
There's probably a good reason you don't see 2 story buses winging their way on major highways in most any other country.
Attachments
sddefault.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 16, 2021, 6:04 pm

The shop that repairs and services the 407 and other company's fleets of buses is directly opposite Toolpro, just east of the northside flyover. Chock a block with buses right now. Check it out.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 16, 2021, 7:07 pm

Dikky LPG tank as previously stated ... no way was a fuel draine notorsai ever ginna cause that sort of fire ball.. driver gets done but owners get away with a fine for a sub standard bus ... cos the BIB n others were paid off by the ricjh owners .. disgrace and i hope the families of the dead recwive more than the ususal 100k thai bt compo ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 16, 2021, 9:16 pm

hang on .. brake failure to mega inferno .. what happened in between .. and how was it the drivers fault surely the responsibility of the company owner at source oand the mechanics that let it operate..

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 17, 2021, 7:09 am

Cause brake failure, but in fact in truth you follow almost any vehicle here and the brake lights act like hazard warning lights, on and off for the slightest reason , if you have Air brakes which most large vehicles have the resovoir tank gets depleted and the braking ability suffers requiring harder pressure on the pedal and subsequent action by the actual brakes themselves, ( my theory ) . Control of speed is not done by changing down nor lifting said foot off the accelerator but just braking , hence the multiple accidents attributed to Brake failure, when it is the failure of the driver to maintain speed by utilising the massive brake installed in every vehicle THE ENGINE . Lack of training and education of drivers is sadly the reason . I am sure .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 17, 2021, 11:44 am

Phew, I’m glad that’s been settled. I was fearful I may have had to leave the house for my daily dose of mild racism. Lucky for me, I’ve been able to stay at home which is presumably the same approach that UM CSI has taken with the crash investigation.

RIP to the deceased by the way
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 7, 2022, 10:43 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 17, 2021, 7:09 am
Cause brake failure, but in fact in truth you follow almost any vehicle here and the brake lights act like hazard warning lights, on and off for the slightest reason , if you have Air brakes which most large vehicles have the resovoir tank gets depleted and the braking ability suffers requiring harder pressure on the pedal and subsequent action by the actual brakes themselves, ( my theory ) . Control of speed is not done by changing down nor lifting said foot off the accelerator but just braking , hence the multiple accidents attributed to Brake failure, when it is the failure of the driver to maintain speed by utilising the massive brake installed in every vehicle THE ENGINE . Lack of training and education of drivers is sadly the reason . I am sure .
That is not correct. Vehicles with air brakes rely on air pressure to release the brakes, not the other way around. If air pressure is low, the brakes activate automatically with heavy springs. The brakes are applied automatically if air pressure is lost.

When you see long black tracks on the road,made by dual wheel tires, that means the air pressure failed one way or another. When large truck drivers say they lost their brakes, that would normally mean that the brakes were tampered with and that safety system no longer works.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 7, 2022, 10:44 am

That is not correct. Vehicles with air brakes rely on air pressure to release the brakes, not the other way around. If air pressure is low, the brakes activate automatically with heavy springs. The brakes are applied automatically if air pressure is lost.

When you see long black tracks on the road,made by dual wheel tires, that means the air pressure failed one way or another. When large truck drivers say they lost their brakes, that would normally mean that the brakes were tampered with and that safety system no longer works.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 7, 2022, 11:14 am

glalt wrote:
March 7, 2022, 10:43 am
Khun Paul wrote:
April 17, 2021, 7:09 am

Thanks for correctng my misunderstanding

Return to “Udon Thani News”