Ringroad/KK Hwy Intersection

Udon Thani news, views and comments
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Ringroad/KK Hwy Intersection

Post by stattointhailand » March 19, 2022, 2:34 pm

Will I have to register with the other channel to get daily Niggles shortcuts or can some fine upstanding citizen of the map transfer said information here?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 19, 2022, 3:16 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 19, 2022, 10:30 am
Whistler wrote:
March 19, 2022, 10:12 am
I live very near that interesection, so pass through intersection more than once every day. Cannot understand the fuss.

The widening of the Ring Rd does cause jams, been that way for quite a while along a lot of the Ring Rd. However, never a problem turning into or out of Hwy 2 (Khon Kaen Rd) onto Ring Rd, roadworks widening is a bit of a pain, but completing at a rapid rate.
Yes but if you remember the sheer chaos the overpass /underpass caused at the Ring Road junction with the Nong Khai road, and triple the traffic flow, two reasonably large schools in the vicinity plus the fact that HONDA has just rebuilt so no space on that side . Any construction of an overpass, times two would be nightmare even for a man in a disability scooter let alone fit people in cars etc.

Added to that signage and planning is not exactly used on the ground, might be on paper but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Execution is a completely different matter !!
Yep, was here for much of that, took years. Perhaps living in cities like Sydney, Melbourne, LA, Brisbane, London, plus a lot of time in other big cities etc, it makes traffic comparative. Bad by Udon standards, but not so bad compared to major cities.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 19, 2022, 4:55 pm

While the NK chaos was happening I avoided the area as much as possible
When I had to transit that work site it wasnt too bad at the right times
Have been caught on the ring road a few times,
but a small amount of pain for the gains to be had seem worth while
Now for KP suggest use ring road in the other direction or go thru town

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 19, 2022, 5:30 pm

Yes we are all lucky not having to do a daily commute we can pick and choose our travelling time .
But even if our journey is longer no queues means less idling and less fuel used .Just time lost but then nowadays time is not an issue

Return to “Udon Thani News”