Noise

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Noise

Post by parrot » September 23, 2021, 10:29 am

Just as I was thinking about how quiet things have been tucked away in the jungle 18km from the city center, the Singaporean AF started flying again. Although we don't experience the extreme noise levels that some do in the city, any noise in the jungle is too much noise. So, I was pleased to read this piece in ThaiRath:
https://www.thairath.co.th/news/local/northeast/2200605
Yeah, I realize things won't change overnight......like the tunnel at old Lotus or the proposed construction at the KK Hwy/Ringroad or the major improvement in the airport intersection......but at least the blip is on the radar.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Noise

Post by FrazeeDK » September 24, 2021, 9:30 pm

The Singaporeans already have a training agreemnt to use Nam Phong airfield. I would imagine their entire contingent of pilots, maintainers and staff tag-alongs add up to well over a 100, perhaps more. Do you think the Centara or whatever top flight hotel gets their business wants to give it up to a KK hotel if all training operations are moved down to Nam Phong? Other factors will enter into it. I wonder if since Udon is a joint use airport the Singaporeans aircraft are charged landing fees each time they do a touch and go?
Dave

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 25, 2021, 7:36 am

The Singaporeans stay at the Pannarai when in town. For the most part they do their maneuvers over our Tambon 17 km NE of Ban Dung, quite entertaining at times. Still the jet noise gets drowned out by the idiots on banged up Honda Waves.
The commercial airspace out here is very clear, over 20 years I've NEVER see a civilian airliner, light aircraft or vapour trails for that matter. Maybe the odd Military helicopter.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 25, 2021, 7:52 am

The commercial airspace out here is very clear, over 20 years I've NEVER see a civilian airliner, light aircraft or vapour trails for that matter

Dero, I Live in NK as you know Yesterday I Saw a Vapour trail over our house & It Looked like a BIG Jet,I Came in and tracked it on www.flightradar.com & It was a Air China Cargo A330 Out of BKK En-Route to PEK,iT WAS AT 33000 FEET....

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 25, 2021, 10:02 am

Comment on wiki about the rose garden at Nam Phong:
An on-site visit in January 2019 by several Marine veterans of Task Force Delta report that the base was minimally staffed and the runway surface is in poor condition and would not support non-emergency fixed-wing aircraft use.
http://www.namphong.com/
I'd guess there won't be any flight operations there anytime soon

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 25, 2021, 12:28 pm

well, here's the overhead view but don't know the date.. Got plenty of support vehicles near those hangars. Looks like the verge is kept neatly trimmed back.. https://www.google.co.th/maps/@16.65110 ... !1e3?hl=en
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 25, 2021, 3:25 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
September 25, 2021, 12:28 pm
well, here's the overhead view but don't know the date.. Got plenty of support vehicles near those hangars. Looks like the verge is kept neatly trimmed back.. https://www.google.co.th/maps/@16.65110 ... !1e3?hl=en
That imagery is February 2021. There was a lot of runway repair work going on then.
np.jpg
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Udon Thani News”