Swiss Expat/Intruder

Post by parrot » October 4, 2021, 1:14 pm

Probably more to follow, but the translation below is excellent

https://aseannow.com/topic/1233987-udon ... -his-home/

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Swiss Expat/Intruder

Post by Khun Paul » October 5, 2021, 6:56 am

Yes this is interestin g, although the Police have a braod remit as to how they deal with this, an arrest and detention while they slowly investigate is rather severe as escaping is not opn the mind of the Home defender, but then they may state it is for his p[rotection ?????
We will all watch this with interest and hopefully the media will keep us updated.

rct
udonmap.com

Swiss Expat/Intruder

Post by rct » October 6, 2021, 5:41 am

Surprised there aren't more reactions to this sad event.

And that it doesn't happen more often!!

Reminds me of visiting a nice Thai lady with a farang husband in their new two storey palace built on 2 rai with grand gate and lush garden, surrounded by neighboring rice fields. He was often away, so she was often alone. I asked if she felt safe, and she replied "I want to get a gun." I realize many readers believe they are safe, though the odd incident like this makes one wonder a bit.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/s ... lf-defence

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 6, 2021, 1:05 pm

There are now up to 16 pages of "analysis" on the link in the Asean forum. Here's a Thai news link that contains the re-enactment on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0cIi7Co7J8

The commentary is in Thai language but I think the video is still worth watching.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 6, 2021, 3:10 pm

I note that a lot of the Thai comments posted on the YouTube are very critical of the Thai police and why they needed to parade the guy with handcuffs. Most say he was defending his life and property.

On another YouTube about the American masseuse rapist in Khon Kaen, they are also critical of the Thai police and Thai laws. Some suggest that if the perpetrator goes free, a bit of vigilantism would be quite acceptable.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 6, 2021, 3:25 pm

parrot wrote:
October 4, 2021, 1:14 pm
Probably more to follow....
yep
here we go….
https://aseannow.com/topic/1234346-deat ... GVOc_g6foU

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » October 6, 2021, 3:41 pm

Aseannow investigative writing is too notch!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 6, 2021, 6:23 pm

The plot thickens by the minute......I suspect we'll be hearing about this story for some time.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 6, 2021, 7:00 pm

I rarely intrude into to Thaiger Forum (unless I have been pointed to another Vlad whine), or AseanNow/ThaiVisa forum (because I value my sanity).

But every time I do - particularly on topics such as this - I am reminded of how our own local forum rises above the pack.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 6, 2021, 7:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 6, 2021, 7:00 pm
I rarely intrude into to Thaiger Forum (unless I have been pointed to another Vlad whine), or AseanNow/ThaiVisa forum (because I value my sanity).

But every time I do - particularly on topics such as this - I am reminded of how our own local forum rises above the pack.
I used to like Thai Visa when they had a poster who used a 'Stalin smoking a pipe' avatar. That was a few years back. I've never heard of Thaiger, and won't bother looking for the moment. I do agree that with Texpat, Lone Wolf, Westerby and you on this forum, we have to be a cut above everyone else.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 7, 2021, 1:22 am

Thank you, UncleT, your mind reading powers are still impressive. Interesting story, Khun Parrot, does anyone feel the Swiss guy will go down for this?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 7, 2021, 7:39 am

Earnest wrote:
October 7, 2021, 1:22 am
Thank you, UncleT, your mind reading powers are still impressive. Interesting story, Khun Parrot, does anyone feel the Swiss guy will go down for this?
Thats anyones guess Ernie .. more than likely he will have to pay some money to the right people to gain a favourable outcome.
Sounds like the the Thai fella was sneaking in looking for either a bit of nookie with the wife a robbery or even worse murder the Swiss guy so could move in full time...all very messy with the new gorey details that the guy was banging missus Swiss though the law here does say if a person enters your property you can defend it , alas in this case it may get twisted so extract dosh from the falang.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 7, 2021, 3:10 pm

Many many years ago in Pattaya, when Soi Buakhao was un-named, un-paved and on the very edge of town, my Rhodesian mate capped a burglar as he was escaping over the front wall with the dead guy falling back inside the property. The cops told him that he was lucky that the body had fallen inside his wall since there is some sort of 'protecting your property' law. If the guy had fallen outside into the soi, he would have been in for a mountain of woe.

From what we read, I think Swissie will go free but it does seem like the dead guy's relatives are claiming he was wandering about with almost half a mill in his pocket and it has disappeared. This reminds me of the usual pathetic claims for instant money in a car accident, when a Thai finds out that the farang driver wasn't breaking the law, was fully insured and they aint getting one satang more.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 9, 2021, 8:54 am

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2021, 9:10 am

AS if said burglar/come victim was carrying 300k in the early hours of Sunday morning

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » October 9, 2021, 10:52 am

Maybe the horny Somchai came to give the Swiss guy 300k to buy his wife off him… He was carrying a gun to protect his wad of cash he was carrying…. There was an argument and The Swiss guy got the better of him... and gave him too much of a beating. If he had wanted to kill him he would have used the Somchai’s gun surely…? The cheating sleazy wife of the Swiss guy on seeing the money decides to pocket it for herself… She proberly knew Somchai had the cash on him and about the proposition he was going to put to Mr. Switzerland… I am rooting for the Swiss guy in all of this… He didn’t ask for any of this… all brought on by typical Thai people who don’t take marriage seriously… just a theory….

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » October 10, 2021, 11:57 pm

Crikey I just looked at the pictures. The wall is only bloody 3 feet tall!! Sure I read one reporter say the thai bloke 'scaled' the wall. You could trip and clear that wee thing.

I was expecting something like the 'great wall of Nong Khai' that big Al's neighbour built to keep him out.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » October 11, 2021, 12:33 am

A week on - any update from the BiB ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 8:52 pm

Seven weeks on. Anything?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » November 22, 2021, 8:56 pm

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2021, 8:52 pm
Seven weeks on. Anything?
not to my knowledge.
did not see any news.
just like always - the reporters rushed to the next hotspot…..

Return to “Udon Thani News”