covid insurance for all visa extensions ?

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: covid insurance for all visa extensions ?

Post by Doodoo » November 5, 2021, 12:05 pm

You are looking for CLARITY in this country Good luck

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 5, 2021, 1:00 pm

I'm not interested in speculators...but anyone with first hand knowledge of insurance requirements (or not) for a Non-O returning on a reentry permit.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 5, 2021, 2:03 pm

Me as well, that's why I have been tracking every thread I can. Seems the closest I have come, since the introduction of the Thailand Pass, expats returning on a reentry permit must have 50K coverage up to the expiry of the permit (extension). I guess if one does another trip in the mean time he/she is still covered on return as the policy has not expired.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 5, 2021, 2:08 pm

I've read that also. That's why some of them have decided to wait until they only have one or two months left before their expiration date to return.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 5, 2021, 7:05 pm

so the trick here would be for those of us retired U.S. military to get TRICARE to give us a letter specifically saying COVID is covered and that TRICARE meets the 50K requirement (less patient 25% cost payments up to the $3000 catastrophic cap). The Thai embassy in DC is accepting letters from U.S. insurance providers to meet the requirement..Another tossup would be for the local Immo folks to accept TRICARE as meeting the O-A annual medical insurance requirement..
Dave

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 5, 2021, 7:38 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 5, 2021, 7:05 pm
so the trick here would be for those of us retired U.S. military to get TRICARE to give us a letter specifically saying COVID is covered and that TRICARE meets the 50K requirement (less patient 25% cost payments up to the $3000 catastrophic cap). The Thai embassy in DC is accepting letters from U.S. insurance providers to meet the requirement..Another tossup would be for the local Immo folks to accept TRICARE as meeting the O-A annual medical insurance requirement..
That's the biggest issue, the verbiage. My Blue Cross Blue Shield will cover everything they require, and then some, but my policy, like most health insurance policies, only refers to co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket. I guess when the time comes I will contact Blue Cross Blue Shield and see what kind of letter they can give me.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 6, 2021, 9:56 am

A buddy came in back in September on an "O" family support for his Thai son. The Thai Consulate that processed his visa accepted a letter from BC/BS outlining coverage and stating it would pay in excess of $100,000 if required. The Consulate wouldn't go for "unlimited" they wanted a monetary figure. Again, the question is will this filter down to Immigration for annual O-A renewals. The orignal legislation accepted foreign insurance coverage. It was Immi's policy addition that made it for only "approved" Thai insurance carriers.
Dave

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 6, 2021, 10:03 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 6, 2021, 9:56 am
A buddy came in back in September on an "O" family support for his Thai son. The Thai Consulate that processed his visa accepted a letter from BC/BS outlining coverage and stating it would pay in excess of $100,000 if required. The Consulate wouldn't go for "unlimited" they wanted a monetary figure. Again, the question is will this filter down to Immigration for annual O-A renewals. The orignal legislation accepted foreign insurance coverage. It was Immi's policy addition that made it for only "approved" Thai insurance carriers.
I appreciate that response sir, that's great news. I was just concerned about getting in there with my Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance, I'm definitely not going the O/A route.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 6, 2021, 1:38 pm

be advised my buddy got his "O" visa at the Thai Consulate in Fukuoka Japan. Other Thai embassies and consulates may deal with it differently.. Getting a coverage letter from your insurance company should be fairly easy. When you apply for your Thailand PASS just upload it with the packet and see what they say...
Dave

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » November 6, 2021, 3:49 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 10:03 am
FrazeeDK wrote:
November 6, 2021, 9:56 am
I appreciate that response sir, that's great news. I was just concerned about getting in there with my Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance, I'm definitely not going the O/A route.
Better not come Ken. Too dangerous.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 6, 2021, 4:10 pm

It's all good. You are correct, it will be the Thai consulate/embassy decision, at least I know Blue Cross Blue Shield will do it. The rest of it would be out of my hands.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 9, 2021, 11:34 am

Look at the clown, always talking but never saying anything.

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » December 15, 2021, 6:47 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 5, 2021, 7:05 pm
I renewed my visa here in Udon on Nov 12th and actually switched from a married visa to a retired visa and I didn't need any proof of insurance at all--COVID or otherwise--a couple of years ago they wanted proof of insurance so I just went online to either the VA E-Benefits or Tricare, can't recall which, and had their generic letter printed out that I had insurance and that was all I needed--didn't even have to get it translated or certified or anything.
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”