TM30 to be or not to be

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: TM30 to be or not to be

Post by pipoz4444 » June 3, 2023, 1:41 pm

I suppose the first question is "Are TM30 still required to be done"?

Second question is "Who normally does the TM 30 or who is required to do the TM 30, is it the Landlord (Owner of the property where the individual is residing) or is it the Individual / Tenant himself" who should do the TM 30?

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 3, 2023, 1:50 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 3, 2023, 1:41 pm

Second question is "Who normally does the TM 30 or who is required to do the TM 30, is it the Landlord (Owner of the property where the individual is residing) or is it the Individual / Tenant himself" who should do the TM 30?

pipoz4444
Pipoz .. completing the TM30 is down to the landlord / owner of the property be it a private house , a resort or hotel etc ..
i still do the TM30 very often with all the traveling we do and always asked for passport when checking in so as far as im aware it is still a requirement if away from your usual immo visa address (more than 24 hours i think) ... its real easy to do online when i get back to udon takes 5 mins to complete to Tm30 confirming back at my Udon visa address.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » June 3, 2023, 1:59 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 3, 2023, 1:41 pm

pipoz4444
Perhaps STWW can tell us if they are required any longer or if they went the same way as the TM6. This link indicates if you are returning to your same residence it is not necessary: https://www.tilleke.com/insights/thaila ... in%201979.

In my case, my wife had to make an account for our home calling it a guesthouse as there was no homeowner selection. That indicates she is responsible as the owner of the property. I had the password so I actually filled in the online form every time I stayed overnight in a hotel (e.g. a BKK trip) and dutifully put a hard copy screenshot in my passport next to my TM6.

I was being quite religious about doing that since they fined me/her once at NKI IMM for not doing it when we both returned from a trip abroad prior to renewing/extending my Non-B. This was a few years back pre-covid. I have not done so since my last passport renewal and recent Non-B extension.

Let's hope STWW says its not needed any longer.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 3, 2023, 4:21 pm

Potamoi wrote:
June 3, 2023, 1:59 pm
[Perhaps STWW can tell us if they are required any longer or if they went the same way as the TM6.
The bad news, The TM30 still exists and must be completed.

The good news is that the rules state (this has been true for a number of years, 5+ in Udon but since June 30, 2020 everywhere else) that you only need to complete one once for your principal address. This means that short or medium length trips do not need a new TM30 for your return to your principal residence.

The regulation is
After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay tahat has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again. The alien mentioned in paragraph 1 shall include any alien receiving a multiply entry visa who departs the Kingdom and returns within the validity of visa and any alien permitted to re-enter into the Kingdom with a valid re-entry permit.
I have stayed in multiple hotels and had a couple of trips overseas since my current TM30 has been completed 5 years ago. The receipt has to be kept with your passport, and is checked by the IO when applying for an extension. AFIK It is not linked to your passport number, it may not be linked to your extension.

There are certainly rogue officers/offices that may not apply the same rules as the majority of immigration offices, Udon is not a rogue office.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on June 3, 2023, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 3, 2023, 5:30 pm

Hi STWW

Thanks

As you know, I pop in and out of Thailand from time to time, as a tourist, normally for less than week and haven't been doing a TM 30 when I stay up in Udon, so I thought I would ask given that I don't stay in a Hotel when in Udon.

I just stay at ..............and no one does a TM 30 for me while I am there.

Regards

pipoz4444

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2023, 8:51 pm

Pip, TM30's did not die totally in 2020 officially, but for all intents and purposes they might as well. I would pop into immigration of police station and check but I am of the opinion is nobody cares about them anymore.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 3, 2023, 9:19 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2023, 8:51 pm
Pip, TM30's did not die totally in 2020 officially, but for all intents and purposes they might as well. I would pop into immigration of police station and check but I am of the opinion is nobody cares about them anymore.
Thanks W

I am normally not in Thailand very long, maximum 8 days at a time, with maybe 4 days in Udon and only entering Thailand on a tourist visa, but will take your advice and pop into the Udon Immigration next time, to see what they have to say.

Thing is, I don't have a registered address in Udon Thani.

pipoz4444

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 3, 2023, 9:27 pm

Whistler wrote:
Not totally correct as Tiz my experience many hotels n resorts still insist on your passport to log a TM30 ...the ones i use regularly all do.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2023, 10:20 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 3, 2023, 9:27 pm
Whistler wrote:
Not totally correct as Tiz my experience many hotels n resorts still insist on your passport to log a TM30 ...the ones i use regularly all do.

DM
Good clarification, I only travel modestly these days, but have not seen a TM30 for ages. Like many things in Thailand, it has more to do with the individual you deal with than the zctual regulation.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 4, 2023, 7:14 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 3, 2023, 9:19 pm

pipoz4444
Are you sure that you didn’t register at the house you built? If you did and that or one of the surrounding properties is where you stay then you may actually have an address in Thailand.

Personal take on the situation is not to poke the bear. there is the fine for not reporting that the amount is small, and I don’t think that Udon usually has a problem with it.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » June 4, 2023, 8:58 am

Register your home (city) to match where you do the 90 day reporting as well as visa renewal. Don't show up in a different province expecting to accomplish these tasks, if that is not where your residence is on file with immigration.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » June 4, 2023, 9:46 am

rct wrote:
June 4, 2023, 8:58 am
Register your home (city) to match where you do the 90 day reporting as well as visa renewal. Don't show up in a different province expecting to accomplish these tasks, if that is not where your residence is on file with immigration.
Concur. Same goes with the 90 day online. Address needs to match the province on the visa extension which in my case (not every case) is less intuitive with an office in Nongkhai and house in Udon.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 4, 2023, 10:17 am

Potamoi wrote:
June 4, 2023, 9:46 am
rct wrote:
June 4, 2023, 8:58 am
Concur. Same goes with the 90 day online. Address needs to match the province on the visa extension which in my case (not every case) is less intuitive with an office in Nongkhai and house in Udon.
Also Nongkhai immigration office has been known in the past to be close to being a rogue office, having more restrictive requirements than the vast majority of offices, I don’t know if things have changed in the last couple of years for them to be inline with other offices.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 4, 2023, 11:41 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
June 4, 2023, 7:14 am
pipoz4444 wrote:
June 3, 2023, 9:19 pm

pipoz4444
Are you sure that you didn’t register at the house you built? If you did and that or one of the surrounding properties is where you stay then you may actually have an address in Thailand.

Personal take on the situation is not to poke the bear. there is the fine for not reporting that the amount is small, and I don’t think that Udon usually has a problem with it.
Hi STWW

I may have registered at the Udon Thani Immigration Office, when I got my Non Imm O-A a 4 years ago, even though I don't have it anymore.

It has been a while since I have been into the Udon Thani Immigration office

Regards

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”