New Rules,re 90 day report

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 12, 2015, 9:55 am

Shado wrote:I did a 90 day report yesterday. No picture taken.
Hmm, guess he just needs to see me. WTF

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » May 12, 2015, 10:01 am

Things could be more difficult if your first name is Peter.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 12, 2015, 2:48 pm

90 day report for me today,as well.
Just took a couple of minutes to complete and friendly service.No-one asked me for a photo and no-one asked me if I was American ! ;)
But the office is CLOSED TOMORROW 13TH MAY....public holiday for Royal Ploughing Day ! =;
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 19, 2015, 4:17 am

Hoopoe wrote:I'm due 9o day report .will try it on the 19th , it's the earliest i can try it .
online report ,went on internet EXPLORER , filled in 2 pages , all simple, recieved PENDING =D>

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » May 19, 2015, 4:26 am

Sounds marvellous although am due to visit immo end of june,hope to see Mr Happy face again,he was miserable last time 8)

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 19, 2015, 6:50 am

Hoopoe wrote:
Hoopoe wrote:I'm due 9o day report .will try it on the 19th , it's the earliest i can try it .
online report ,went on internet EXPLORER , filled in 2 pages , all simple, recieved PENDING =D>

Hoopoe, Did you get a control or some type of transaction number with your pending notification?

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 19, 2015, 12:44 pm

Stantheman wrote:
Hoopoe wrote:

Hoopoe, Did you get a control or some type of transaction number with your pending notification?
you get a ref number ( albeit a mile long )and you can check your status online using it ,for me it would only work using Explorer \:D/

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » May 19, 2015, 4:53 pm

It tell you on the website. It only works on internet Explorer.
I tried it on google & it came up with the message to use Internet Explorer.
Dont know why it only works on IE.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 19, 2015, 5:04 pm

pal52 wrote:Dont know why it only works on IE.
very simple - because it's meant to be like this.
cross-browser compatibility is a rather expensive and tricky thing to achive.
that's why many programmers focus on IE only.

the manual for the 90-days-online can be downloaded here > Link
and the website can be found here > Link

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » May 19, 2015, 6:14 pm

samuel wrote:
pal52 wrote:Dont know why it only works on IE.
very simple - because it's meant to be like this.
cross-browser compatibility is a rather expensive and tricky thing to achive.
that's why many programmers focus on IE only.

the manual for the 90-days-online can be downloaded here > Link
and the website can be found here > Link
Thanks for the explanation Samuel.
Maybe the immigration could have used some of the Tips/Extra payments to provide a better service if it is more expensive.
:lol: :-"

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 19, 2015, 8:36 pm

if you take a look at the html-coding of this web-based service, you'll find out that it is designed only for IE.
coding.png

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 19, 2015, 8:53 pm

samuel wrote:if you take a look at the html-coding of this web-based service, you'll find out that it is designed only for IE.
coding.png
I know it is a few months away but for those that eventually get Windows 10 with it's replacement browser for IE, this may be a problem. Hopefully Windows 10 will let you run older IE browsers.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 20, 2015, 1:01 am

Hoopoe wrote:
Stantheman wrote:
Hoopoe wrote:

you get a ref number ( albeit a mile long )and you can check your status online using it ,for me it would only work using Explorer \:D/
today received via E mail application not approved,went to check status also not approved , only contact your Immigration office ,no rhyme or reason , all info filled in correct :oops:

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » May 20, 2015, 2:12 am

Hoopoe wrote:today received via E mail application not approved,went to check status also not approved , only contact your Immigration office ,no rhyme or reason , all info filled in correct :oops:
Could this be the reason that they keep telling us, that it won't work with the database of Esarn yet?

Would it be not very much more likely that they triumphantly tell us it would work now for us too? IT-Freaks may of course try constantly. :D
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 20, 2015, 3:06 am

Maybe their online program, or whoever might be reviewing report, can't count days correctly for example do they count due date or not. The website example, if I read correctly, shows 7 day before due does not count due date but 15 days before does count due date

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 20, 2015, 6:50 am

Stantheman wrote: I know it is a few months away but for those that eventually get Windows 10 with it's replacement browser for IE, this may be a problem. Hopefully Windows 10 will let you run older IE browsers.
Yes, Microsoft has said that IE will still be available with Windows 10, although it will not be the 'preferred' browser..
Very shortsighted of whoever designed the Immigration system to make it usable only with Internet Explorer.
The fact that even Microsoft is moving away from the product shows just what a crap, vulnerable browser it is.

I can apply on line, including adding a photograph, then pay & get electronically mailed a Visa to visit an undoubtedly third world country like Cambodia via their Government website on any system or browser that I care to use.
Apparently Thailand can't even manage to allow a confirmation, of already validated data, electronically. :shock:

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 20, 2015, 7:11 am

BobHelm wrote:
Stantheman wrote: I know it is a few months away but for those that eventually get Windows 10 with it's replacement browser for IE, this may be a problem. Hopefully Windows 10 will let you run older IE browsers.
Yes, Microsoft has said that IE will still be available with Windows 10, although it will not be the 'preferred' browser..
Very shortsighted of whoever designed the Immigration system to make it usable only with Internet Explorer.
The fact that even Microsoft is moving away from the product shows just what a crap, vulnerable browser it is.

I can apply on line, including adding a photograph, then pay & get electronically mailed a Visa to visit an undoubtedly third world country like Cambodia via their Government website on any system or browser that I care to use.
Apparently Thailand can't even manage to allow a confirmation, of already validated data, electronically. :shock:
Last year my stepdaughter, a newly certified government teacher, drove all the way to Khon Kaen to register at the big hospital there for her health benefits. The clerk couldn't find her in the system so advised her to drive all the way to Nong Khai and resolve the problem at the teacher's administrative offices and then return. Nobody would pick up the phone and call on her behalf. God forbid they would dare ask the Nong Khai office to "fax" them the details, so a round-trip drive and a face to face intervention was needed to resolve her problem.

The Thais are light years away from accepting modern technology into their dealings with government agencies. After all, these problems must be resolved face to face because they present opportunities for bribes to be asked for.

The Immigration office in Udon will in no way shoot themselves in the foot and cut off their gravy train. Makes perfect sense to me that the online reporting scheme doesn't work!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 20, 2015, 10:23 am

semperfiguy wrote:The Thais are light years away from accepting modern technology into their dealings with government agencies. After all, these problems must be resolved face to face because they present opportunities for bribes to be asked for.
sorry to say but you're wrong. last week i went to the local municipality because i needed the so called "Kor Ror 22" for my annual extension based on marriage. my wife just showed her ID-Card and the employee at the desk just entered her ID-number into her pc - and within not even a single minute out came the Kor Ror 22 from her printer. just take notice of the fact that we had our marriage registered at the ministry of foreign affairs in bangkok back in 2013 and NEVER informed the local municipality about this.
fee for the Kor Ror 22 was 20 THB.
Udon Thani > welcome to the presence!
=D>
semperfiguy wrote:The Immigration office in Udon will in no way shoot themselves in the foot and cut off their gravy train. Makes perfect sense to me that the online reporting scheme doesn't work!
have you ever worked in the it-business and have you ever established a web-based service with interfaces to different databases? i guess not.....
i can tell you from my personal professional experience within the it-business - it's not that simple.

BTW: did you notice the passport-reading-scanners at the UD immigration office? future is coming to udon.

Are YOU ready as well?

Mudguard
udonmap.com

90 Day Reporting..Too easy.

Post by Mudguard » May 28, 2015, 8:38 am

Just to let members know, I did my 90 days on line I.E. in 15 minutes, and too easy..

Copied the finished TM 47 form with all details and ref / completion number...and bar code..in Sawang Darn Din..area.

Cheers, Mudguard... \:D/

stereolab
udonmap.com

90 Day Reporting..Too easy.

Post by stereolab » May 28, 2015, 10:26 am

Same here, took about 15 minutes, very straightforward, just awaiting the return e-mail from Immigration, to print out the receipt and insert in my passport. All in all a very straightforward process, longest thing was finding out my phone number.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”