BREAKING: Govt approves 10 year visas for foreigners over 50

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
JR
udonmap.com

Re: BREAKING: Govt approves 10 year visas for foreigners over 50

Post by JR » December 18, 2016, 2:48 pm

Just a note. It is a bit silly when they talk about a tourist visa for five or ten years. If you live here for that time, you are not a tourist.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » December 18, 2016, 3:50 pm

As far as I can tell they are not talking about a tourist visa. The only advantage I can But, a big one to me. Is not having to do the paper chase every year.

I will turn in next year the same thing I turned in 13 years ago, down to the address. Just new year and more money.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 18, 2016, 4:32 pm

bumper wrote:As far as I can tell they are not talking about a tourist visa. The only advantage I can But, a big one to me. Is not having to do the paper chase every year.

I will turn in next year the same thing I turned in 13 years ago, down to the address. Just new year and more money.
but that's the bit I don't get, you'll still have to do a yearly paper chase anyway, they will still want to see bank books as after the first year you still prove annually that your maintaining at least 1.5m or still getting 100,000b a month, you'll also have to show health insurance, and of course while your there you'll still have to prove address .
surely maintaining 800,000b in a bank and not having compulsory insurance is easier than maintaining 1.500,000b in the bank and having to get expensive insurance, and I bet they will be asking for medical certificates too.
maybe more information of what the yearly process will be after. other than that it just sounds like getting a different stamp
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 18, 2016, 5:21 pm

I will stick with the yearly extension which I can support with out any problems as single guy at 70 years of age why would I want a 10 year visa.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » December 19, 2016, 12:23 pm

If it turns out you till gig to jump through the hopes each year. Simply not worth the bother. We may see the a ctual finished product someday or may not :D
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » December 20, 2016, 11:53 am

papafarang wrote:you'll still have to do a yearly paper chase anyway, they will still want to see bank books as after the first year you still prove annually that your maintaining at least 1.5m or still getting 100,000b a month, you'll also have to show health insurance, and of course while your there you'll still have to prove address .
surely maintaining 800,000b in a bank and not having compulsory insurance is easier than maintaining 1.500,000b in the bank and having to get expensive insurance, and I bet they will be asking for medical certificates too.
Fully agree. A new bureaucratic monster that still drives people to the Elite option.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”