Thailand to launch new 10 year multiple entry visa for over 50s

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
mickojak
udonmap.com

10 Year Visa

Post by mickojak » February 16, 2017, 9:15 am

Has anyone had anything to do with, or heard anything about the new 10 year visa?
There was lots of chat before it was introduced but gone pretty quiet since.
Mick

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: 10 Year Visa

Post by minimiglia » February 16, 2017, 9:23 am

Yes I was thinking the same?

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » February 16, 2017, 10:06 am

Don't forget T I T lads

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 16, 2017, 10:35 am

If you have the cash anything is possible. Look up Thailand Elite Visa.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 16, 2017, 10:46 am

It is available, as far as I can tell.
difficult to see who would want it though, unless you had a deep fear of the existing visa rules changing for the far worse than they currently are..

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/b ... 43033.html

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » February 16, 2017, 2:02 pm

It is not available as the imigration offices did not get any information/orders how to deal with it in detail - yet.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » February 16, 2017, 3:46 pm

Techland wrote:It is not available as the imigration offices did not get any information/orders how to deal with it in detail - yet.
Well, that would explain it.

Let us know if it happens.
Mick

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 16, 2017, 4:53 pm

it would appear that it should be available from next month...

http://pattayaone.news/en/9570-2/

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 16, 2017, 5:23 pm

Went and re-newed my annual marriage extension yesterday. Had EVERY paper perfect. Cept.. "didnt bring a witness from the village". Same hurdle last year. (Which was our first). Was offered "witness papers" for 1k baht. We did that last year. Police arrived at house 2 days later.. all good. Reported that previously in another thread. THIS year same issue. "Big guy" came over.. said must all be secret.. took 3k baht.. and handed me 1,900 receipt for visa. F.e.c.k it. Would have cost me 500 baht to taxi over the village elder who I paid 300 last year when the police turned up.. and NO mention of police visit THIS year.. especially as I included pics of them shaking hands and signing papers from last year. After went for some Aussie rum with married mate.. who has been her 15 years and said he has NEVER been asked for village witness! Usually "big guy" or "cat eye girl" deals our stuff.. this time it was "acne girl".. sits far right.. I watched him fold 1k bill and slip it to her.. and then return his originals to his leather briefcase under table. Its all fun n games.. so we have budgeted 3k for extension visa next year. Slightly wrong thread.. but vaguely relevant. If it was big guy or cat eye.. I would have thought.. HAH they remember.. but it was acne sneezing girl... so MAYBE new dynamic.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 16, 2017, 7:14 pm

Nice to see corruption still alive and well at Udon Immigration.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 16, 2017, 8:42 pm

I thought there was a NACC office in Udon? If its still operational, I'd have been inclined to stop the application, take details of the Immo Officers & toddle off to report it & to hell with the consequences. The odd tea money donation is neither here nor there but over 150% increase with blatant pocketing of the cash is not on
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 16, 2017, 8:47 pm

Nigglyb wrote:I thought there was a NACC office in Udon? If its still operational, I'd have been inclined to stop the application, take details of the Immo Officers & toddle off to report it & to hell with the consequences. The odd tea money donation is neither here nor there but over 150% increase with blatant pocketing of the cash is not on
I hear you Niggly.. but at the end of the day.. we have more interesting things to pursue than idealism SOMETIMES.. If they said to me.. "your annual visa will cost 3,100 baht.. I wouldnt give a tinky.. saves us going to Vientiane 4 times a year = 32k baht.. cos we do it comfortably.. :-)

I accept Thai goalposts for what they are.. grr and grumble for 12 hours.. qq in this forum.. and happily getting on with a life that earns 3.1k in A DAY.. IF i focus.. ;-)

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 16, 2017, 9:06 pm

I know what you're saying but I'd have trouble letting this pass. I really can't lose sleep over the little tips because TIT but this would eat into me

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » February 16, 2017, 9:17 pm

Anyone know if the 10yr is in addition to existing 1 year or replacing
If replacing I think a lot will move to Cam , Vietnam or Phily

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 16, 2017, 9:21 pm

So.. would you stand there YELLING in immigration.. and LOSE your app.. it is PEANUTS in our personal economies.. as I said (sort of).. if they said.. 5k baht for an annual visa.. personally Nigglyb.. I wouldnt give a monkey mate.. pedantics.. why waste energy let that "eat into you".. really fella.. pay 3.1k.. and go visit Vince wife cafe for a really good yum yum.. and then home for a year.. :-0

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 17, 2017, 9:57 pm

Is it just me, my eye problems, or is this guy talking really talking some sort of twilight zone encripted language?
"would you stand there YELLING in immigration"...is PEANUTS in our personal economies", "I wouldnt give a monkey mate." (???), and " why waste energy let that "eat into you"....??
Sounds like "hold that anger inside, let it eat at you until you develope an ulser.
Just my thoughts

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 18, 2017, 1:16 am

Liam Dale wrote:So.. would you stand there YELLING in immigration.. and LOSE your app.. it is PEANUTS in our personal economies.. as I said (sort of).. if they said.. 5k baht for an annual visa.. personally Nigglyb.. I wouldnt give a monkey mate.. pedantics.. why waste energy let that "eat into you".. really fella.. pay 3.1k.. and go visit Vince wife cafe for a really good yum yum.. and then home for a year.. :-0
Nope, sorry, I've read my posts twice now & have certainly not suggested anywhere I'd stand there YELLING in Immo. I'd like to think after years dealing with bureaucratic jobsworths that I don't lose my temper. Even more so in LOS because of the "face" nonsense.
Whether it's peanuts in our economy is irrelevant. There are prices for everything & like I said, I don't mind dropping tips when appropriate but to be charged treble is laughable but, hey, live & live, each to their own etc.
"Eat into me" is just a figure of speech, I'd wander over to NACC without a care in the world & bring the blatant extortion to their attention, then go back to continue the application & then go eat, maybe trying Vince's.
I've got a feeling in my water from previous visits to various official offices that just by taking the officers details would be enough to snap them to their senses before it got anywhere near a complaint

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » February 21, 2017, 5:31 pm

Liam, the Police visit to your home is only for the first application, no visits for renewals. I took my witness again this year, same guy i always take, no interviews for him after the first application, now he just signs in front of the imm officer and sits back down to watch TV..

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 21, 2017, 9:17 pm

Chriss wrote:Liam, the Police visit to your home is only for the first application, no visits for renewals. I took my witness again this year, same guy i always take, no interviews for him after the first application, now he just signs in front of the imm officer and sits back down to watch TV..
Yarr.. so it seems.. no police call.. Cheers for that.. Cross wires Niggly.. I watched a dude doing his nuts verbally while we were there protesting SOMETHING.. with a bedraggled bar girl pal.. and others trying to translate.. no reflection on you fella.. didnt write it up well enough.. still say.. if they said 5k for an annual visa.. I wouldnt give a monkey.. better than going to Laos 4 times a year. 3.1k.. it is at least consistent for us.. and next year we may well give the village elder woman 500 baht to pootle along. Lessons learnt.. I could grizzle about my 100 baht change failure.. but better things to do!

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 22, 2017, 2:08 pm

Just back from Immigration. Took 1 hour. Although had letter from bank, bank book wasn't up to date. Wife went back to bank who called immigration and all was fixed. No tips asked for and very good service. So easy!!
Sorry might be wrong thread and not related to the 10 year visa.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”