Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Post Reply
User avatar
deankham
udonmap.com
Posts: 557
Joined: March 17, 2008, 5:24 am
Location: Alseep under the tree

Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by deankham » August 16, 2017, 5:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a 12 month Non-Imm O Multi-Entry visa (not single entry). It's nearly 90 days since I last arrived so I need to leave the country and come back.

Thinking of just going to Vientiane across the bridge.

Can someone please confirm I can just go and come straight back and I do not need to go to the Thai Embassy in Laos for any reason.
All the people I've asked who have done it did not have multi-entry visas and so needed to apply for new visa in Vientiane.

Actually went into the Udon Immigration office today (the thai gentlemen on the 90 day reporting desk was very friendly and very helpful) and he did say I can just go to Vientiane and come straight back....but always worth triple checking these things :D

Last question is am thinking of going on the weekend and taking wife and daughter. Any issues with going on a weekend? Assume its easy for the family if they use their thai passports?

PS I'm a UK passport holder.

Many thanks,
Dean.



User avatar
Hoopoe
udonmap.com
Posts: 623
Joined: January 31, 2015, 5:15 pm

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by Hoopoe » August 16, 2017, 5:23 pm

Being as it seem's your first time , you should have no problems , 30 dollars for Laos visa , i believe they take thai Bht now,catch bus go through the controls turn around and come back , don't forget the duty free , don't get more than your allowed as they've been red hot on it over the last few years , it's been awhile since i last did it , hopefully some others will also advise ,

User avatar
deankham
udonmap.com
Posts: 557
Joined: March 17, 2008, 5:24 am
Location: Alseep under the tree

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by deankham » August 16, 2017, 5:29 pm

thanks Hoopoe.
...I was just reading on some blog about needing to take a passport photo or photo's for the Laos visa that you need to get into Vientiane? If anyone can confirm if this is required also would be great. Think I've got a couple pictures but not sure if they are on blue or white backgrounds, if that matters.

cheers

pal52
udonmap.com
Posts: 734
Joined: September 18, 2013, 10:54 am

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by pal52 » August 16, 2017, 6:29 pm

Yes you need a photo
Does not really matter what the background is but white is the safest.

panmotor
udonmap.com
Posts: 322
Joined: April 4, 2016, 3:11 pm

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by panmotor » August 16, 2017, 6:35 pm

My visa is similar.

I did it 12 months or so back and, it was a relatively easy process taking no more than 30 mins although I was glad to have my missus with me to point me to the right desk

There were numerous "helpful" people on the Lao side offering to help with my paperwork no doubt for a fee.

I am assuming by the way that your visa is still current!

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10063
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by 747man » August 16, 2017, 7:02 pm

Dean ....Laos Visa is 35 US$ On Weekdays or 36 Us$ On Weekends....The process is So Easy that a Kid can do it...When you arrive on the Laos side ..Go to Window 2 where they will give you the forms to fill in,You then go to Window 1 & Hand in with you're dollars & Photo Then go to Window 3 & They will hold you're passport up for you to collect & You can then enter Laos...NO Need to STOP at Passport Control Booths Just straight through till the end of the path where a Laos IO Will check you're passport & let you through....Forget the Duty Free Shops ( Rip Off Prices ) Especially for Cigarettes You can buy them at one of the small shops at the rear of the Main DF Shop....Best Buy US $ In the bank on the Thai side it works out a lot cheaper than paying in THB....

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10063
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by 747man » August 16, 2017, 7:09 pm

panmotor wrote:
August 16, 2017, 6:35 pm
My visa is similar.

I did it 12 months or so back and, it was a relatively easy process taking no more than 30 mins although I was glad to have my missus with me to point me to the right desk

There were numerous "helpful" people on the Lao side offering to help with my paperwork no doubt for a fee.

I am assuming by the way that your visa is still current!
Pan, You certainly NEVER Got a Multi-Entry " O " From Vientianne....

User avatar
deankham
udonmap.com
Posts: 557
Joined: March 17, 2008, 5:24 am
Location: Alseep under the tree

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by deankham » August 16, 2017, 7:31 pm

Thanks...yes my visa is valid until end of Feb 2018.

mickthai
udonmap.com
Posts: 48
Joined: April 12, 2010, 1:42 am

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by mickthai » August 17, 2017, 7:51 am

A word of caution, on a 12 month Multiple entry visa you can stay an extra 3 months at the end of the 12 months, you cannot leave Thailand in that 3 months and come back in on the same visa, as soon as you leave the visa is invalid. I found out the hard way a couple of years ago on Friendship Bridge , it wasn't too friendly that day!

User avatar
deankham
udonmap.com
Posts: 557
Joined: March 17, 2008, 5:24 am
Location: Alseep under the tree

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by deankham » August 17, 2017, 8:57 am

747man wrote:
August 16, 2017, 7:02 pm
Dean ....Laos Visa is 35 US$ On Weekdays or 36 Us$ On Weekends....The process is So Easy that a Kid can do it...When you arrive on the Laos side ..Go to Window 2 where they will give you the forms to fill in,You then go to Window 1 & Hand in with you're dollars & Photo Then go to Window 3 & They will hold you're passport up for you to collect & You can then enter Laos...NO Need to STOP at Passport Control Booths Just straight through till the end of the path where a Laos IO Will check you're passport & let you through....Forget the Duty Free Shops ( Rip Off Prices ) Especially for Cigarettes You can buy them at one of the small shops at the rear of the Main DF Shop....Best Buy US $ In the bank on the Thai side it works out a lot cheaper than paying in THB....
Thanks 747. Good information.

So once I'm in Laos I can just turn around and cone straight back?

I'm planning on driving to the bridge and leaving the car in the car park. Is everything walkable from where I'll leave the car or do I need to mess about with tuk tuks and stuff?

Thanks again.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10063
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by 747man » August 17, 2017, 9:08 am

Deankham.....Yes Mate you can just ENTER & EXIT As you Wish,Usually takes me An Hour or So from Our House in Nong Khai there & back to Home...... :D :D There is Very Little on the Laos Side of the Bridge,Just a Few Small shops selling Copies of Everything.... :shock: :shock:

And leave you're car on the slip road on the left of the MAIN Road If you can find a space ( Usually Quite Easy ) DON'T Leave on the MAIN Approach road, The BIB Are LETHAL Handing out Parking Tickets ( The Yellow & White Kerb Markings ) Are meant for Buses to wait on,I Found out the Hard way last time 200 Baht Parking Fine at The Police Station.... :shock: :shock:

panmotor
udonmap.com
Posts: 322
Joined: April 4, 2016, 3:11 pm

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by panmotor » August 17, 2017, 10:41 am

747man wrote:
August 16, 2017, 7:09 pm
panmotor wrote:
August 16, 2017, 6:35 pm
My visa is similar.

I did it 12 months or so back and, it was a relatively easy process taking no more than 30 mins although I was glad to have my missus with me to point me to the right desk

There were numerous "helpful" people on the Lao side offering to help with my paperwork no doubt for a fee.

I am assuming by the way that your visa is still current!
Pan, You certainly NEVER Got a Multi-Entry " O " From Vientianne....

You are quite correct, I didn't. I got exactly what the OP was asking about!!

panmotor
udonmap.com
Posts: 322
Joined: April 4, 2016, 3:11 pm

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by panmotor » August 17, 2017, 10:45 am

deankham wrote:
August 17, 2017, 8:57 am
747man wrote:
August 16, 2017, 7:02 pm
Dean ....Laos Visa is 35 US$ On Weekdays or 36 Us$ On Weekends....The process is So Easy that a Kid can do it...When you arrive on the Laos side ..Go to Window 2 where they will give you the forms to fill in,You then go to Window 1 & Hand in with you're dollars & Photo Then go to Window 3 & They will hold you're passport up for you to collect & You can then enter Laos...NO Need to STOP at Passport Control Booths Just straight through till the end of the path where a Laos IO Will check you're passport & let you through....Forget the Duty Free Shops ( Rip Off Prices ) Especially for Cigarettes You can buy them at one of the small shops at the rear of the Main DF Shop....Best Buy US $ In the bank on the Thai side it works out a lot cheaper than paying in THB....
Thanks 747. Good information.

So once I'm in Laos I can just turn around and cone straight back?

I'm planning on driving to the bridge and leaving the car in the car park. Is everything walkable from where I'll leave the car or do I need to mess about with tuk tuks and stuff?

Thanks again.
We went by car and there is a car park about 100m from the border point (about THB 20 from memory). You pay to cross the bridge in a bus.

In Laos you just go through all rigmarole 747 outlined then go round the corner to re-enter Thailand and get the bus back.

User avatar
deankham
udonmap.com
Posts: 557
Joined: March 17, 2008, 5:24 am
Location: Alseep under the tree

Re: Non-Imm O Multi-Entry Visa run

Post by deankham » August 18, 2017, 11:47 am

Job done. Stamped out of Thailand at 9am and back in at 10.15am.

Bought a nice bottle of wine and tequila at duty free and that was that.

If I go again will probably make the effort to go into Vientiane for lunch and a wander.

Cost was US$35 for the Laos visa, 15 baht for the bus going and 20 baht for the bus on the way back.

Cheers for the advice I got.

Post Reply

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”